...life can be translucent

Menu

What Do I Want? What Does He Want?

P

pekoponian

Salutations!

I am new to the community but a long time lurker. I'm going through a very interesting, some would call it nerve wracking, time in my life. A huge part of that is my love interest.

I have been very interested in this person for hmm a bit over a year. Looking from the outside in, you'd think we were a couple. We do all the couple things except SAY we are a couple. He's shy, geeky, doesn't think he's attractive - but oh he is so attractive! - he's dated quite a bit but never a girlfriend. I, on the other hand, have been engaged 4 times and married once. Writing this, it looks pretty obvious I don't need the iChing...It's a strange situation but one that I feel is worth the risk. I'm trying to do the right things now as I've done all the wrong things (and I mean every single one of them) according to the experts.

My question was: What do i want from him? my reading: 54.2.4 > 24
- marrying maiden (helplessness), returning (time for introspection)

My next question was: What does he want from me? my reading: 3.1.2 > 29
- sprouting (growth without direction), repeating chasms (learn by repetition)

I think what I'm being told is that I'm looking for answers that just aren't there. Like, he and I both don't know what to do or how to feel. Am I reading this right? Is there more here that I'm missing? This brick wall I'm banging my head up against isn't giving me any answers so I hope you guys can! Thank you!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
In giving you 54.2.4 the I Ching is saying that you are not blind, but neither are you seeing things well. You are advised to delay and not become more engaged with him than you are right now, because conditions are not right.

His 3.1.2 indicates that he is in a state of chaos and doesn't understand this relationship. He will need help sorting things out.
:)

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
"What do i want from him?"

24 You're ready to add someone to your nest, home and hearth with someone who resonates with you. Someone to share a nice winter fire with.

54.2. Someone of exceptional loyalty to you even when you are not around.
54.4 Someone willing to wait for you to commit, to wait to marry.

"What does he want from me?"

29 Sincerity. Someone willing to take a chance, one could get hurt.

3.1 Someone who is not pushy, but willing to work with him.
3.2 Someone who is faithful, who is not going to cheat on him or bail on him the first time you have a disagreement.

- LL

P

pekoponian

Thank you both for your replies. They both resonate with my situation. I am so glad I took the leap and posted on here! I've been journaling this relationship along with castings for the last 1.5 months, and I've known that I was being told what to do/not do but I don't understand enough to get the message. Does that make sense? Probably wasn't asking the right questions, either. Anyway, this, for me, just proves how incredible the iChing is, and inspires me to learn more. Thank you again!

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).