...life can be translucent

Menu

Two hexagrams, same question

londondrifting

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to ask for help as I have just started exploring I-Ching and appreciate any guidance or other practitioners experiences. I understand I-Ching works with our energy and there isn't wrong or right.

I have tossed 6 times, but before checking the table for my hexagram number - I felt that I haven't focused enough. I haven't put the question into exact words in my mind - though the question was clear as a thought - because that was the reason for asking I-Ching. Also one of the coin fell on my lap and I decided to toss again all three coins.

I decided I will toss again 6 times and just make a note of the first hexagram that I haven't checked the reading for.

I then checked both and both are meaningful to me in relation to the question asked. It feels like both hexagrams together have more meaning than each separately.

Have you experienced a similar situation?

Thank you!

H

hmesker

I decided to toss again all three coins.

That would not have been necessary: you can trust that you get what you need. This Western idea that you should focus on the question and that the tossing of the coins should be smooth without hiccups makes way for doubts and insecurity, as you can see. When I throw the coins and halfway the process I have to pick up the phone, answer the door or my cat demands a firm hug I just lay it aside and when I feel like it I pick it up where I left. When you trust the oracle you will trust its answer. There is no need to through the coins again.
It is possible that both hexagrams are meaningful, and maybe there are even other hexagrams that are meaningful as well. In my opinion every hexagram is applicable in every situation, but there is one hexagram that is the most fitting and applicable. That is the one you get from the oracle.

Trust the oracle and go with the first answer. It might also be interesting to see how the 2nd hexagram differs from the 1st.

H

hmesker

P.S. when I said 'I just lay it aside' I didn't mean the cat.

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
I would agree largely with hmesker, just hold the question clearly and calmly in your mind before the first throw, try to stay clear of any emotional clinging, then simply proceed with the coin throwing. Avoid altogether any idea of having to 'intensely focus' in order to help the process, it is not needed and could produce an unwanted 'yang' emphasis whilst what you're seeking is a calm 'balanced' attitude.

If a coin lands in your lap, or anywhere else unexpected, do not regard it as an invalid throw, simply note the face that is revealing itself to you and carry on. Repeated readings on one question are not invalid provided you make every effort to fully understand them, within the limits of your experience, but don't get carried away with this approach. If you find yourself constantly repeating the same questions without bothering to understand their answers, you'll start receiving completely incomprehensible answers.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
, answer the door or my cat demands a firm hug I just lay it aside and when I feel like it I pick it up where I left.

P.S. when I said 'I just lay it aside' I didn't mean the cat.

Are you sure :rofl:

H

hmesker

just hold the question clearly and calmly in your mind before the first throw, try to stay clear of any emotional clinging,

Nah, that's not necessary. The ancient Chinese didn't do that either and it still worked for them. Just trust the oracle and don't doubt the (quality of the) answer. An oracle always works - it used cosmological principles. As long as the earth keeps spinning an oracle will work, regardless whether you focus on your question and cling to your emotion or not. 'Focusing' and 'emotional detachment' are much-used fire exits when the answer is found incomprehensible or unpleasant: 'I don't understand the answer (or it makes me feel uncomfortable) so I probably didn't focus on my question. Let's throw again.' By doing that you are actually saying that you don't trust the oracle. Have confidence in your consultations. You will get what you need.

Are you sure

Yes, well, of course I'm sure. I think. Now where did I put the cat...

londondrifting

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both for your input! I love your cat already, and I laughed hard on unintended pun and follow ups:)

I terms of the hexagrams I received:
1 - 36 (with 3 changing lines) changing into 18
2 - 44 (with 1 changing line) changing into 33

I found both results correlating. Looking at it now from the perspective of your answers - I

What's also interesting is so far I asked the Oracle five times (including double throw) and I received 7 changing lines altogether. I use http://deoxy.org/ for my readings. And it looks like the "extra" reading on a changing is only relevant depending on whether the changing line was 6 or 9. So far all 7 changing lines I received were the changing lines in the right position.

I will change my approach, as I think there's too much bias created by my mind. Also I think I need to leave that question and move on as there was too much bias. I will introduce meditation prior to throwing.

Thanks again for you kind help! Much appreciated.

All the best

Trust you've found your cat hmesker!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).