...life can be translucent

Menu

what to do about X? 23UC

msmith

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just hoping for a bit of advice on a work related issue. A younger 'colleague' has attached himself to me informally hoping to learn from me. However, I think he hopes to take my job one day (!) so it makes me a bit uneasy to mentor him. I asked what to do about X? 23 UC

At first it seems obvious - split away/reduce contact with him. Although I think I have seen it mentioned on the forum that 23UC can be related to mentoring somehow?!

Thanks for any help with clarifying this. Cheers

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
On the other hand, 23. Splitting Apart could be seen as advising you that it would be a benefit to you to mentor this person. The Image of the hexagram gives advice for how to handle the situation described in The Judgement. According to Wilhelm, the Image for 23. says "Those above can ensure their position by giving generously to those below."
Is it possible that it would somehow be useful to you to have someone who knows your job? Like, would that free you up to do other things, allow you to take time off or even be promoted?

rosada

msmith

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Yeah it could benefit me in some ways. It's a contract position abroad and there is some expectation I train up a local (although this is what I have heard informally). I would like to pass on my knowledge. If I tried to fob him off i would likely not be seen in a favourable light by others so i guess it's best if i am helpful towards him... cheers

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).