...life can be translucent

Menu

24 a badly interrupted relationship

mariella

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, sorry again for my english. I asked "will I ever meet him again?" about a man whit whom I had a very badly end, and never got an answer to many questions...But I cannot understand what's the meaning, or if put a wrong question. Since 24 means also a cycle, I wonder if I at least will end with a sense of freedom from this story, even if i do not meet him.
Thank for your suggestions :)

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
24, Legge:
Indicates that there will be free course and progress (in what it denotes).
(The subject of it) finds no one to distress him in his exits and entrances;
friends come to him, and no error is committed.
He will return and repeat his (proper) course. In seven days comes his return.
There will be advantage in whatever direction movement is made.

I think he is enjoying his freedom for now, you can call and arrange a meeting but it wouldn't lead to anything serious.
In 7 days, more likely 7 months (7 years at maximum) he will change his mind and then maybe he will call you and try to correct his mistakes if there were any.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I think the name Return can be very confusing.

In my experience 24 Return has played out like a relative of 33 Retreat. When I have asked what to do in regards to troubling people 33 often came up. When I have asked what to do about messy or troubling situations or adventures or an idea I had
, 24 often comes up saying, 'go back to your home village, where it is peaceful and you can recuperate, where your friends are. ' This means away from some trouble.

The discord you experienced with him, and your desire to have certain questions answered can be thought of as an adventure or military action, and I think the counsel is to turn away from the idea of seeking resolution through meeting him again.
True resolution comes when we resolve inside ourselves to be done with something and let it go.

Here is the link to a 24 unchanging thread:
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...ing-Castings-hexagram-24-&p=176436#post176436

B

butterfly spider

I absolutely agree with Moss Elk on this one (and Ashteroid). Hex 24 does not mean returning - this is confusing. It is mostly for me about finding a safe refuge - yes returning to a safe place. Rather like setting off down a river and finding levels too high or the level just too much to deal with.

Sometimes we need to accept that we need to turn away and go back home.

mariella

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Moss Elk, I think you are right and this is, in a sense, what I expected for. We have always to work only with ourselves...but unfortunately we are social animals and we always hope to be able to receive something from someone else. And also, sometimes, resolve inside ourselves it's exactly the thing you know you have to do but you do not know where to start. So, at the end, the advice seems to feel ok even when we are not.

altair139

visitor
Reaction score
the image is of thunder striking upon earth, after much distress and suffer, the feeling will be released (metaphor of a heavily charged thunder cloud discharging back to earth). It's what will happen after a separation (23), as "Things can't be forced to a dead-end forever. When Bo (23) reaches its upper extremity. the one above returns to the bottom, therefore Return (24) is granted"
If you two still love each other deeply then without a doubt you two will cross path again.

mariella

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you altair139 but I am quite sure he does not love me. And also I do not think to be able to love him again. But what happened left me in a trap. And I am still struggling to recover. I have a feeling to not have the right to be myself because everything I did went in the wrong direction. And of course would be for me a pleasure to have some answers, because what happened is not only my responsibility . But Moss elk is right: probably the release will happens only when I will be able to free myself....by myself.

altair139

visitor
Reaction score
Then this return would not be back to each other but back to your own life. Who knows, still, because your question was "Will I meet him again?", you still could, but after the separation (23) has settled down. In this case you're still trying to recover from the break up, hence you're still undergoing Separation (23), and you're not ready to meet him yet.
Anyway your situation has created some kind of karma. If you don't find your answer soon next life time you might meet him again to solve it. Try to figure it out when you're mentally stable.

Hex 24 holds a special meaning to me, due to my situation a few months ago, kinda similar to this song :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAID_2iKO5Y

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).