...life can be translucent

Menu

Confused 42.1.5-23 and 18

mholden1969

visitor
Reaction score
Good Evening,

There is this girl I've had my eye on for awhile, who's single, and seems to pay some attention to me.
She can be "hot and cold", though.
I also have some reservations about a true relationship (personality differences).

I asked "What should I know about having a relationship with T?"
I received 42.1.5-23, which seems positive minus the 23 part.

Then, I asked "Is it right to pursue a relationship with her?" and received 18 unchanging!

I'm not sure what to think.

mholden1969

visitor
Reaction score
Any insight?
I feel that despite the lines in 42 that this reading is ultimately telling me not to pursue this.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure, you'll never know unless you try. Be careful of not doing things because you think the I Ching told you not to. You have to use ordinary human sense like you would without the I Ching too or you can lose out on opportunities. This cast isn't saying not to pursue this at all, it's pretty much saying that as your heart is true you must not worry when you offer pieces of it to others (42.5) because there can be no real harm so you need worry about loss.

This isn't the same as a guarantee this will all work out perfectly but then we can't only go into things with such a guarantee even if it were possible. The 23 might indicate either you or she have recently experienced some painful loss,, but this should not stop you going forward in sharing your heart again (42.5) 42.1 says 'go for it'.

If you like her then go ahead. If you don't you'll never know what might have happened. If you do and it doesn't become a permanent relationship, well you will have had a good time and another life experience.

Not sure about 18uc but I am sure that it isn't a great idea to reduce life experience, especially if you are young, by holding back because of an I Ching cast. You sort of asked similar questions twice so I think your first answer must take priority. Is it right you ask ? Right ? Well it depends how you mean right.
Perhaps 18 here alerts you to old patterns you may be repeating but I don't think this is any reason not to ask a girl out who you find attractive.

I don't think you should worry about rejection either. There's no guarantee she will even say 'yes' to your proposal for a date or whatever but I think you should go ahead anyway if you want to.

mholden1969

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Trojina.
That is true, I feel like sometimes I use the iChing as a crutch, which can prevent me from actually DOING things I want to do.
Whether it works out or not, I shouldn't not do anything just because I get a reading that's not 100% agreeable.

I think this really resonated with me, many thanks.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking later on, I wondered if the 23 might refer to a loss of confidence you've suffered. That would lead to you 'using the I Ching as a crutch' as you put it because you feel you can't trust your own impulses anymore. 42.5 is an especially great reassurance you are safe to open up to giving and receiving in relationships and need not be fearful.

mholden1969

visitor
Reaction score
Well, I want to update this post (one thing that annoys me is when updates aren't posted), and...

She completely ignores me now. :confused:

No relationship came of this, and things got more and more separated and now it's like we're strangers.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).