...life can be translucent

Menu

Painful Ankle

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all
Can you help? I have an extremely painful ankle, I can walk in bare feet but walking in any kind of shoe is so painful I cannot put weight on it. I can walk for a few minutes then the pain starts, I had to walk across the road in stocking feet the other late evening and even that was very painful. I suspect that it could be a 'stress fracture' the X-ray says 'No fracture". I am being referred to Physiotherapy but in the meantime I almost housebound. I asked 'Y' What is wrong with my right ankle" Answer H 37 U.C, as this made no sense to me I asked " Have I got a stress fracture of my right ankle" Same answer H37 U.C. What can this possibly mean? I very rarely visit the doctor and never go with trivialities. Any ideas anyone? Thank you in advance. I have previously had X-rays that said 'No fracture' that have proved later to have been a fracture.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. The fact that Yi gave you the same reading twice in a row might mean that - in Yi's opinion - 37uc is a very clear answer.

(It's not so clear to us, Yi. ;))

The Oracle starts out, "People in the Home." A collection of people, making up a family. And something's gone wrong in that. I wonder if it could mean there are ankle "parts" that aren't getting along? Maybe something is rubbing something else the wrong way, as family members might from time to time?

37 can also be about roles and proper boundaries. In a family, everyone has their own part to play, and generally a household works most smoothly when everyone sticks to that. Maybe something in your ankle has overstepped its boundary, its proper place?

Is your ankle swollen? Do you remember the moment it started hurting? Did something specific happen to injure it, or did the pain seem to start for no reason?

I have no idea what can go wrong with ankles, though, or what the different parts are, so I don't really know.

Then there's the Sequence. 37 follows from 36, Brightness Hidden or Wounding. That seems relevant - something is definitely wounded - but the Sequence is not your answer. So my guess (guess!) would be that it's not a fracture that's "hidden" on the x-ray. Maybe another way to apply the Sequence is to say the injury is something that won't show up on an x-ray?

(I don't know anything about x-rays, either, and what does and does not show up on them.)

Looking at it the other way around...suppose it really is a fracture. You asked what was wrong, and then you specifically asked if it was a fracture...if the correct answer was "Yes, it's a fracture; the x-ray missed it," could 37uc communicate that? Not sure.

37 can also have to do with housekeeping - I wonder if physiotherapy could be described as housekeeping? Work you do to keep your "home" (ankle) in good order, or to bring it back into good order?

Must again stress the point that I have ~no~ medical knowledge to draw on here. It's all guessing.

I hope the therapy works - or that they figure it out, otherwise, and fix it. :hug:

W

Windrell

Dear Meigga,
I Ching tells you: STAY HOUSEBOUND!
A person retreats home after having been frustrated and hurt outside.
Your body does NOT allow you to walk IN ANY KIND OF SHOES!
Your body tells you the same thing: STAY AT HOME IN BARE FEET!
Why so? The right or the left ankle is the painful one?
The right signifies an initiative, an important decision of leading nature that you have to take.
The left signifies tidying of emotions and acceptance of an emotional state as it is, giving up control.
Shoes symbolize the masks/personas that we wear according to the role we play in society.
Right now, you should stay at home, no role-playing, until you become in tune with your inner center.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear all
Can you help? I have an extremely painful ankle, I can walk in bare feet but walking in any kind of shoe is so painful I cannot put weight on it. I can walk for a few minutes then the pain starts, I had to walk across the road in stocking feet the other late evening and even that was very painful. I suspect that it could be a 'stress fracture' the X-ray says 'No fracture". I am being referred to Physiotherapy but in the meantime I almost housebound. I asked 'Y' What is wrong with my right ankle" Answer H 37 U.C, as this made no sense to me I asked " Have I got a stress fracture of my right ankle" Same answer H37 U.C. What can this possibly mean? I very rarely visit the doctor and never go with trivialities. Any ideas anyone? Thank you in advance. I have previously had X-rays that said 'No fracture' that have proved later to have been a fracture.

First thought is it definitely your ankle ? There's this thing called 'Morton's neuroma' I know which is suddenly agonising but that is the foot. Also it just gives me the idea the pain may feel as though from the ankle but may be referred from elsewhere ?

Anyway 37uc suggests to me you cast your mind back to see if there has been a time recently where you weren't using your ankle as an ankle ? In 37 each component of a system needs to play it's own part and not encroach on other's roles. I say this given how the text speaks of how the sister acts as sister, the mother as mother and so on. Now taking this system as your body I'd think Yi is drawing your attention to the roles you ask of each part of the body. It sounds odd but we use parts of our bodies for things they weren't especially designed for sometimes.....especially in yoga ;) I mean things like when we run out hands to carry things with we on occasion carry things in our mouth, we shut doors with our behinds, we ...well you get my drift. How this might apply I don't know but I'd take 37uc generally as everything is exactly where it should be and if your ankle is hurting it may be because you used it like an elbow or something.

Sounds pretty wild I know but this cast isn't a worrying one IMO although we never can really say in other's health readings. Oh 37uc also made me wonder if this was your ankle that hurts or if it's referred from your leg or foot. I think Yi is definitely calling attention to each body part's place. Of course I guess it may indicate some kind of dislocation from that part's 'proper' place yet I wouldn't expect such a well ordered answer from Yi if it were.

D

diamanda

Many excellent ideas here about what 37 could mean in this case.
And one more:
37, family. Something hereditary perhaps?
Is there arthritis in your family, or something similar?

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Well I'm amazed at your responses, thank you. More info: Last summer on a very hot day I was walking around and around a large paved square looking for an office; found it eventually hidden behind a metal fence. Either that afternoon or the next I got off a bus and couldn't walk across the road to my flat because of the pain. A strange woman passed me then came back to see if I was ok and helped me home. The pain eased off so I didn't bother the doctor. Since then the pain has returned on and off and now it's here most of the time. Today my ankle is swollen and I have worn toe-shoes all day, (level ones, no heel) my ankle has been uncomfortable but not painful. It is the right ankle and it hurts around and underneath the outside of the ankle. When the first doctor examined it he said that the tip of the ankle bone was painful which suggested a fracture. I think that ordinary shoes, trainers and boots must press on the ankle.
For along time now I've wanted to move home, I don't like living in a flat, it's ground floor, dark (a big tree and a smaller one in front of my window) and the next block juts out so that I get very little Sun. Another strange answer I've received from 'Y' I've been feeling unwell, weak and losing hair for some months so asked 'Y' what is physically wrong with me? answered Hex 1. 2 > 13 absolutely no idea what that could mean. Although I had upped all vitamins etc. Blood samples apparently all normal. Am I ready for the last 'roundup' ? I am rather ancient! Not keen on going just yet.

kincadefoster

visitor
Reaction score
The most common injury that feels like a broken ankle is plantar fascitis. I don't know if this helps...

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Good morning all. After a night's rest the swelling has gone down, the ankle is only slightly tender to touch but there is an engorged vein underneath and around the ankle bone so the shoes must be pressing on that. I asked 'Y' "What is causing the engorged vein in R. ankle and received Hex 21.2,6, > 54. Could 'biting through' mean another X-ray or another doctor's exam? No Physio. apt as yet. Thank you kincadefoster, I have had plantar fasciitis - very painful. I cured it incidentally by walking on the outside of my foot like you would to correct flat feet. never returned thank goodness. Thank you all again. It looks like I shall have to stay 'housebound', can't walk around in rain and snow in Toe shoes very well.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What is causing the engorged vein in R. ankle? 21.2.6 → 54
Hard shoes .6 pressing on soft flesh .2 of the ankle. The vein being a secondary symptom [h54] of the problem.

What is wrong ? 37
Hmm inflammation(fire) inside because of the movement(wind) outside perhaps.

As 37 is an opposite of 40, I would say some pressure/bonds/links, too tight shoes?
Some soft inner joining tissue doesn't do it's function?

Maybe you should try asking what can you do about this.
I agree with others that rest and more soft/loose shoes will obviously help.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Ashteroid you are right. The tongue in my boots slips around and presses on the ankle, I've had that fixed now; my other shoes all press on that area and strangely enough that area feels cold as though there is a wind blowing on it. Today I've continued wearing 'toe shoes' all day and there has been no pain, still some swelling, I shall continue wearing the 'toe shoes' for as long as I can and hope it wont start again when I need to go out. Very many thanks to all for your most insightful help and advice. I was getting quite worried because the pain was so intense I thought it had to be a fracture. Thank you all once again.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Hello again, it's me again.
I have been in severe pain since my last message, still no help from doctors. Today though after having great difficulty getting from the bedroom to the bathroom - a matter of a few feet - my son bandaged it firmly for me together with a pad soaked in Castor Oil. For the rest of the day it has been bliss, virtually no pain. This evening I asked 'Y' "What is the condition of my ankle now? Answered H 9.23 > 42; then asked "Will the healing continue now? Answer H 8.1,2 > to H 60. It seems to be saying that it has in fact been fractured, am I understanding this correctly? Have today written to the senior doctor in the practice asking what she suggested I do if I am unable to walk. Awaiting her reply ( my son delivered the letter before my blissful day without pain). See what she has to say! What do you think folks? Thank you all for your help and advice.:):hug:

G

goddessliss

Try a bandage soaked in Yarrow - it's healing name is called Knitbone....

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Goddesliss. I don't know where Yarrow might grow. I have Comfrey ointment and growing, and have tried it once. Will try it again

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Lisa and Windrell. Just re-reading your answers - I have been housebound from necessity - unable to walk! so thank you for that, I'm thinking too that the bones in the foot and ankle are indeed a 'family' to be kept in harmony so they are obviously not in harmony. Today after my day of bliss the ankle is tender but 100 times better than before the bandaging so it obviously needs that support. Awaiting some contact from the doctor. Thanks again

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Goddesliss. I don't know where Yarrow might grow. I have Comfrey ointment and growing, and have tried it once. Will try it again

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
sorry Liss

Sorry, sent my message twice. Not very bright on computer:blush:

G

goddessliss

Oh man you're so right - Comfrey is knitbone!!! Yarrow is for stemming the flow of blood - like a cut or similar....not that it would have hurt you in anyway!!! I grow it in my garden - it is prolific. Would love to hear if you use comfrey enough that you know it's made a difference - Liss

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello again, it's me again.
I have been in severe pain since my last message, still no help from doctors. Today though after having great difficulty getting from the bedroom to the bathroom - a matter of a few feet - my son bandaged it firmly for me together with a pad soaked in Castor Oil. For the rest of the day it has been bliss, virtually no pain. This evening I asked 'Y' "What is the condition of my ankle now? Answered H 9.23 > 42; then asked "Will the healing continue now? Answer H 8.1,2 > to H 60. It seems to be saying that it has in fact been fractured, am I understanding this correctly? Have today written to the senior doctor in the practice asking what she suggested I do if I am unable to walk. Awaiting her reply ( my son delivered the letter before my blissful day without pain). See what she has to say! What do you think folks? Thank you all for your help and advice.:):hug:

I'm thinking this doesn't make any sense. If you live in England, and I have the idea that you do, you would simply go to a walk in centre or to casualty and get an X ray :confused: Just get yourself to one or the other and get an x ray tomorrow. Any other course of action seems absurd if you think you have a fracture. You do need to know if you have a fracture. I am truly baffled as if I couldn't walk I could just go to the hospital walk in centre. Here we can get xrays the same day. Usually the GP gives a note, puts it through on computer and off you go that day to the X ray dept, it's no big deal.

I think you just need to do that and forget I Ching readings about it now

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No I forgot she already had one as it's an old thread. Ooops....apologies. But still I think it's time to make sure further scans are done. Xrays don't show everything and I would have thought the next step may be an MRI scan. I think it's time to make a lot more noise about this.

If something is wrong to the extent that Meigga cannot walk I really do not recommend trying to ascertain a diagnoses via Yi. I think she should take herself to casualty or a walk in centre because she is more or less completely incapacitated and it's serious. She has every right to go to casualty IMO.

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
If something is wrong to the extent that Meigga cannot walk I really do not recommend trying to ascertain a diagnoses via Yi. I think she should take herself to casualty or a walk in centre because she is more or less completely incapacitated and it's serious. She has every right to go to casualty IMO.

Agreed, totally!!! Even more since consulting the Yijing for medical issues is quiet technical; you really need to know TCM; you need to understand how the mind process affects the casting; you need to know if this is a recent illness or a dated one; wen wan gua and similar methods are more practical for this kind of questions than the one based on the text, but you need to know them well. Not an easy subject matter. Even skilled practitioners won't use Yijing as the main method for diagnosis but only for corroboration

Best

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What is the condition of my ankle now? 9.2.3 → 42
It is recovering (.2), slowly but has not healed completely yet (h9 - clouds are here but no rain).
h42 as a context, being an opposite of 32, hints that situation is changing for the better, if 32 shows going round the orbit then 42 would be acceleration/change.
Opposite of 9[restraint] is 16[movement], again showing that movement is not possible.

And the key line is .3 I think, some soft padding tissue is removed, and without proper dampening the pressure on the inner tissues/nerves/vessels is too much.

Will the healing continue now? 8.1.2 → to H 60
I think yes, the tissues are regenerating outwards from some center point (.2),
but you should restrict the movement of the ankle [h60], so the union/new links can hold and grow faster than if you tear them down with every motion. Some splint maybe?

Recently I've experienced swelling in my lower gum/cheek, It was painful to touch, and even painful to swoosh water in my mouth through that area.
I thought it was something with my tooth perhaps [big cavity filled with cement years ago]?
Yi said don't worry, then I did some thinking and realized that I've slept on my side and somehow exactly the blood vessel/nerve/muscle was being pressed on a blanket's fold for hours.
After almost two weeks - the tissue have repaired itself, and of course I've kept my head straight during the sleep, I avoided any pressure to that area.
Kinda the same thing happened with my sole, the boot has worn out and there was a cavity/depression right under the center of heel, so I started to feel pain in the heel with every step after few days of walking.
Bought new shoes but had to walk very very carefully for almost a week or two, until the tissue healed.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
painful ankle

Many thanks to :bows::bows:all of you. My letter to the head doctor has at last brought some action. They have ordered an MRI scan as an urgency. So at last something. My son will take me there. I couldn't go to A&E because I couldn't walk there. There is a bus but still quite a few yards to the hosp. entrance and steps to get there (God knows why a set of steps to A&E) To get to the walk-in centre there is no place to park then would have to walk when being let out of the car. That's planners for you!

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
My letter to the head doctor has at last brought some action. They have ordered an MRI scan as an urgency. So at last something. My son will take me there.

Great! Hope you'll feel better soon. Wish you all the best

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Many thanks to :bows::bows:all of you. My letter to the head doctor has at last brought some action. They have ordered an MRI scan as an urgency. So at last something. My son will take me there. I couldn't go to A&E because I couldn't walk there. There is a bus but still quite a few yards to the hosp. entrance and steps to get there (God knows why a set of steps to A&E) To get to the walk-in centre there is no place to park then would have to walk when being let out of the car. That's planners for you!

Excellent, I hope you get some kind of diagnosis and the right treatment.

Meantime I found what I wrote earlier very funny. Allow me to laugh at myself

if I couldn't walk I could just go to the hospital walk in centre

:rofl:

Well if you can't walk you can't 'walk in' can you. What I meant was get someone to drop you off or if there is no one you'd need paramedics to help. I mean what is a person meant to do when they cannot walk, someone must take them to and from hospital. Anyway I'm glad your son is taking you in.

Meanwhile Ashteroid's gums are worrying me...

Recently I've experienced swelling in my lower gum/cheek, It was painful to touch, and even painful to swoosh water in my mouth through that area.
I thought it was something with my tooth perhaps [big cavity filled with cement years ago]?
Yi said don't worry, then I did some thinking and realized that I've slept on my side and somehow exactly the blood vessel/nerve/muscle was being pressed on a blanket's fold for hours.
After almost two weeks - the tissue have repaired itself, and of course I've kept my head straight during the sleep, I avoided any pressure to that area.

Ashteroid I don't think you would get a painful swelling in your lower gum just through lying on your side. I mean everyone lies on their side. I think it may be more likely you had or have an abscess under the tooth. These do tend to naturally flare up and then calm down again but it is better to get it checked out by a dentist if you can because if you leave them they can flare up again and be very painful. Yi may not have given you a worrying reading because after all a tooth abscess isn't the end of the world, you can get the tooth treated....er and Yi can be quite carefree about our ordinary human problems. Anyway I don't think you can really treat your own teeth just via a Yi cast anymore than you can fix your car through consulting Yi. Oh and seriously please don't ignore an abscess because if they are just left they can cause a bone infection which is a pretty bad thing to have.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Ashteroid. Please do take notice of Trogina. I had a tooth abscess that I ignored 3 times, the 4th time I again expected it subside, I then got the most excruciating pain in one kidney, in seconds followed by the other kidney, I crawled upstairs on my hands and knees crying by the time I got to the top. Fortunately my sister was staying with me and had just learned about Castor Oil Packs; she was up and down the stairs heating flannels with Castor Oil and applying it my abdomen ( we learned later that it could, or should have been applied to my kidney area) I actually thought that I was dying and had accepted the fact. It took an hour for the pain to subside a little. I believe now that it was the toxins from the abscess going through my kidneys. I believe also that without my sister's Castor Oil packs I really could have died.
I don't know if you are aware of Mr Casey's Castor Oil Packs, If you are not I urge your to read about them, the Castor Oil need not go near your mouth just put it on your abdomen. As proof that it works: After 28 times of use the flannel used can be boiled, I boiled mine and rivulets of dark fluid (dark Oil) was left in the water. I you would like instructions how to use they can be found on the Web or I will be happy to supply them. I think I've spelt Edgar Casey wrongly but the web will no doubt spell it correctly.
Also of course, as Trogina suggested see a Dentist.

Last edited:

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trogina for laughing at yourself, I laughed too, hope you don't mind, It started my day off with a nice chuckle.:rofl:

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Oh don't worry about me :) , when one's fat level is almost zero the skin becomes very thin and it's very easy to press on vessels and nerves. And it's hard to sleep on my side anyways, my arms and legs begin to numb, again - low fat/thin skin. But that's just the juice diet, no worries please :)

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Tim
Is it permissible to ask why you are on such a strict diet? Annie :confused:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail: