...life can be translucent

Menu

trying to come to a resolution of a long standing problem

solidaj

visitor
Reaction score
For decades I've considered going back to school for a PhD - and while I have once again considered this path, I'm digging deeper, wanting it all resolved.

so i posed the question - what if i abandon the idea of going back to school for a phd?

I received hex 17 with 3 and 5 changing to hex 55

with 17 (following) is the interpretation that I'm being pulled by the force of a phd program or pulled away from such a program towards what i really should be doing?

the changing 3 and 5 i'm not too sure about

and then 55 - abundance - is this interpreted as abundance because i have abandoned the phd path?

thanks for all reponses

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:confused: Hey this was about the same topic http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...ajor-life-decision-and-hexagram-15-unchanging people answered you there and you didn't acknowledge them or respond. It doesn't work to keep posting new threads on the same topic then ignore those who answered before.

Also you need to process the answers you already had so you understand them rather than just go and ask more questions

Okay so you say thanks on this one http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...er-movement-explored-hex-50-changing-to-hex-7 but all these threads are on the same topic and you aren't giving any of your own thoughts or input.

What I mean is after people say what they think you need to say what you think also otherwise it's just one way and not interesting.

You could write a list of pros and cons or give more input as you don't seem to be actively engaged in discussing this.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
17.3 → 49 (Radical Change), Wilhelm:
If one clings to the strong man, one loses the little boy.
Through following one finds what one seeks.
It furthers one to remain persevering.

In other words
Daniels: Give up inferior or immature ways

17.5 → 51 (Shock), Daniels: Good fortune results from following sound advice

Yes you will attain affluence/fullness if you follow/obey(h17) that advice (giving up the phd idea (little boy's fantasy), 3rd line changes to 49 Revolution).

"Don't be sad about this" (h55 says).

Reaction score
I think the advice is that you must show leadership in your own life, by pursuing what is excellent, and by taking mature action on your own behalf. Then you will find abundance.
If you really want a ph.D, only you can make it happen. If you don't, then it is just a childish fantasy. Think about what is noble and excellent -- best for you and all concerned -- and follow the path laid out that way, rather than losing yourself in indecision or self-doubt or childish things.

solidaj

visitor
Reaction score
This is quite timely - since deciding against pursuing the phd I have had several people suggest that such a path is good and noble and that I will regret the decision I have made. Thank you for this.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).