...life can be translucent

Menu

What is my Passion?

susieq777

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm having trouble interpreting two questions I asked in relation to rediscovering what my passion is because I wish to start a blog and have that passion determine what the blog's topic is. I'm a writer and I guess when I think about starting a new blog it's because I wish to have a platform to gain followers and which will hopefully ultimately earn me money and be my niche's next Brain Pickings ;)

That's the high end version. The low end is trying something that would help me earn some money to get me above the poverty line. I'm sick of being broke and I feel I need to combine my passions with earning money because I have an illness that keeps me housebound with limited energy. So doing something that gives me energy feels necessary to me.

I came across a quote online from a movie called The Legend of Bagger Vance where that character said:

"Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic [golf] swing. Something we were born with. Something that’s ours and ours alone. Something that can’t be taught to you or learned. Something that got to be remembered.”

This struck a chord with me, as I'm struggling at the moment to clarify what my passions are. If I had to clarify what my ultimate passion is, its a fascination with the parts of humanity we've lost because of our western ways. With reenchantment. With reframing a spiritual approach to the world outside of religious constructs. But I feel like I'm searching for the space that will help me write about all that. I generally believe that the answers to our questions lie within, and that it's generally the case that the solution is to rid ourselves of something to reveal the next layer underneath rather than needing to find something out there in the world to add to us to make us whole.

I asked, What is the passion I have that I need to remember? 40.1.2.3> 55

I feel like this is not directly answering my question but is telling me I can find the answer to this question, but to not go overboard with this project when I do.

To clarify further I asked,

Please talk to me more about the nature of my passion that I've forgotten 41.1.2.5> 20

I feel like Yi again has refrained from answering my question directly but is instead saying perhaps that this is a worthwhile pursuit but that it's not the right time to act.

I really can't see beyond this to whether Yi is actually answering my question and I just can't see it. I feel like Yi I sayint, "Work it out for yourself," which is bloody annoying seeing I've been trying to do exactly that for, like, 25 years. Or perhaps it's just, "Not yet, child. Not yet." I'm tired of it always being not yet though!

Last edited:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi susieq777,

I'm going to sight read these tosses, if you don't mind:

What is the passion I have that I need to remember? 40.1.2.3 > 55

Thunder over Water changing to Thunder over Fire

Your passion is to find the Light inside the Darkness.

Please talk to me more about the nature of my passion that I've forgotten 41.1.2.5 > 20

Mountain over Valley changing to Wind over Earth

Discard the high and low in order to penetrate to the Truth of all things.

I think you'll find yourself remembering the spiritual path in its entirety in "The Untethered Soul."

I hope this helps, and good luck with the blog!

susieq777

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much, radiofreewill. Both of those make a lot of sense to me.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
the parts of humanity we've lost because of our western ways. With reenchantment. With reframing a spiritual approach to the world outside of religious constructs.
answers to our questions lie within
the solution is to rid ourselves of something
That is what 40-55 was saying.
Open up, loose, get rid of (40) the accumulation (55).
.1 ease up
.2 actively remove the negative/old
.3 throw away the baggage when you don't need it anymore, or it will slow you down

Nature of the passion? 41.1.2.5> 20
41 is about sacrifice and 20 also mentions 'washing up hands' before spiritual ritual/sacrifice.
I think you already have the answer, Yi just confirmed it.

Stripping down (.1 → 4) the foolishness, reframing(.2 → 16) increase others without really decreasing the source
.5 → 61 ten pairs of tortoises - blessing, holy knowledge, inner satisfaction.

Re-view current approach/state of things, strip it down, yeah.

susieq777

visitor
Reaction score
I am SO glad I came to ask this question. Thanks so much to both of you. This has clarified and confirmed many things.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).