...life can be translucent

Menu

38.3: should I reach out to a former colleague (non-romantic querry)

zen_in_the_city

visitor
Reaction score
Hi!

I received Hex 38.3 in regards to a dilemma. Here is the context:

A former colleague of mine "liked" a post I made on a professional social network and I am debating whether of not I should reach out to him.

I suddenly left my former employer about a year ago after finding out that my then boss (the president of the Company) had circulated some pretty damaging rumor that tarnished both my dignity as a woman and my professionalism. The rumors were conveyed to me by a trustworthy, high-level ally and I had every reasons to believe this person as he had no vested interest in disclosing or not such information.

I could have fought my boss in court; my lawyer was adamant that I had quite a strong case. However, I was too defeated to undertake anything of that nature as it would require on my part courage, determination and combativeness. Because I felt so powerless and threatened, I left the company right there and then giving as an explantion a health crisis that required that I leave the company immediately and permanently. I never confronted my former boss about the rumor but I believe he is clever enough to have put two and two together. Because I was very afraid of retaliation on his part (his own reputation was after all also tarnished due to the fact that he had attacked an appreciated employee who poured her heart into her work on grounds that were really "unsavory"), I quietly went into a hole and hid there to nurse my wounds and avoid further attacks from him. This meant that I never got to properly say goodbye to my colleagues.

Many times I have wondered whether or not I should send discreet notes a few people (using personal email addresses). I chose not to do so. I didn't want to inconvenience my former colleagues or put them in an awkward position. There is something of a reigh of terror at my former company and I had reasons to believe that a note from me, although welcomed on a personal level might also be very threatening...

Now I have this "like" from a former colleague on a social network and I am wondering whether or not I should send a personal message saying that I am well and that I appreciated my collaboration with this individual.

I consulted the Yi to know what would happen if I do send a message and got 38.3... It feels the disfigurement that the hex alludes to is the one I suffered when I found out about the rumor and the ensuing humiliation of leaving like a "weasel" through the back door to escape further damage...

Your perspective would be most appreciated dear community. Thank you in advance for your time.

Last edited:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi zen_in_the_city,

Thanks for the context ~ it really helps.

38.3>14

Your inner goodness within social disfigurement has been seen by Heaven, and now a wrong will be righted, releasing the ghosts of the past (which you've been dragging around) and restoring your honor.

By compassionately refraining from 'weaponizing' your situation ~ very bodhisattva like ~ you've gained the support of the celestials, and now Opposition will transform into a Great Reward.

So, it's okay to re-connect with old colleagues ~ just be future-focused, let the past be buried, and let those ghosts go home...

zen_in_the_city

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much radiofreewill for your clear interpretation. Your response resonates and I do feel it's accurate. I have indeed reached out to him very succintly without referring to the past, as you suggested.

Again thank you for taking the time to respond.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).