...life can be translucent

Menu

impasse with employer

solidaj

visitor
Reaction score
too many things pointing today towards my employer being in the mood to either replace me or move me to something else...

she has done this with many other employees and I fear it's now time for my hatchet job...

my reading - "is the boss looking to replace me" resulted in 38.1.5.6 to 47

estrangement to exhaustion?

oh dear...i sure hope i'm interpreting this wrong

any ideas?

Reaction score
This reading could be suggesting that you are creating a drama, in your own mind, causing you to feel oppressed and estranged.

How about clearing away your suspicions, so that you may take constructive action, with your boss? especially focusing on small matters?

line 1: there may be some wicked elements here, so yes, take care and watch yourself. But whatever you've lost will be returned to you, so do no worry

line 5: you find somebody who is sympathetic , to whom you can relate

line 6: you are reacting to ideas you have that you are being opposed, while in fact the one you believe is attacking is a friend

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I agree that 47 could be the background, i often get that hexagram in the same position, if you were actually fired then you may need to work through that hex which is kind of worse. I just mean if Hex 47 being the main hex but its not. So it may just have a strong influence in the state of mind or background to how you feel.

Line 1 as stated has just made you aware of what this person can be like or the type of situation.
Line 6 could also be like a mild paranoia, or extreme over worry, the reading doesnt suggest to me a bad omen,

Steve

M

mirian

My own experience with this reading is that more often than not the opposition/conflict is actually within and there is a bit of work to be done to sort it out what is reality from what is our perception (clouded by various factors, as for example fears, emotions, lack of information).

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
When I'm in a troubled position with someone & I get 38 with changing lines, I usually breathe a sigh of relief. Nearly every line suggests a way out, a resolution, and my experiences with the hex tend towards the problems being resolved. I've had numerous experiences where I received 38 and then problems were quickly resolved. I think 47 is the background, showing the enclosed/trapped/oppressed position you see yourself in at the moment, the feeling that led you to ask this question.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
In terms of the individual lines, they all point to some misunderstanding of the situation on your part (5,6) or a temporary estrangement that you just need to wait out (1). If I got this reading in your situation, I would be patient and dignified (line 1), trusting and sincere (line 5), and careful not to "raise my bow" against anyone who seems like an adversary, because they're not a "robber"; rather, they're on your side (line 6).

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Also line 1 indicates that if she does fire you, you will either quickly get your job back, or the firing was inevitable and for the best. But the other changing lines suggest to me you won't be fired.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
37. Family - 38. Sibling Rivalry.
Do you think you are in a situation where some how the boss is jealous of you? It's as if she sees you as a sibling and she wants the "family" to realize she's the smart sister and tries to make you look bad or even tries to run you off. Are you particularly good at your job, maybe able to do it better than the boss could or perhaps you even can see how the boss is not very good at her job and even if you don't say anything she knows you know?? Maybe getting rid of good people is how she protects herself.

38.1 could be saying you know how to avoid her tricks but then you do have to eventually come back and deal with her. Line 4 makes me wonder if someone she has mistreated in the past could give you some pointers or perhaps someone outside the situation entirely offers you an alternative job. Line 6 also sounds like things work out well for you if you decide to leave "the family".

Bottom line - I think you are right to suspect you might be her next target but because the lines don't seem to point to firing I wonder if this is just her way of being with people and that if you hang in there the mood passes? Still the lines lead to 47.
Exhausting to work in such an environment!

btw, I have seen this bit about being "not a robber" come up in situations where the person really was a robber but their actions had an unintentional positive outcome. Like you later say, "Having her take my job was the best thing that ever happened because it led to..."

steve

visitor
Reaction score
That is true its an exhaustive situation which ever way you look at it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).