...life can be translucent

Menu

New friend?

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Dear friends, please I need some feedback on what I thought was a trustworthy new friendship, but now I'm wondering if the person is not so genuine or will switch alliances easily.

What can I expect from her: 42.2.5.6-19

How does she see me? 23

What can I expect from our friendship. 38

What's my best attitude to her? 16.3.5-31

How did I behave? 48.5-46

Did I compromise any of my own boundaries? 7.2-2

Many thanks for your help.

Up until recently all my casts about our connection were positive. I feel a bit upset and vulnerable right now. I'm annoyed I'm even spending time worrying about this! Yet I am..

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Lodestar, it's not such a bad group of answers - there are several positive points.
The answer to your first question is about as positive as can be, don't worry about 42,6 it's simply telling you to have faith in the hexagram reading you have received.
Your second answer hexagram 23 is urging you not to have self-doubts, not to Split-Apart.
Your next answer Hex 38 is telling you not to expect or demand from the relationship, just move with it as it comes.
16,3,5-31 is advising you to not assume a subservient role simply be true to yourself keeping your negatives under control.
48,5-46 is urging you to consider the advice you have already been given.
7,2-2 is urging you to keep self-discipline and self-control as you integrate the advice you have been given - you will be rewarded.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thankyou so much Peter. This made me feel a lot better. But I'd like to show what I was working with that made me feel so much worse.. It's so hard to know what slant and degree to put on a reading

I read 42.6 and the interpretation Legge: The sixth line, dynamic, shows us one to whose increase none will contribute, while many will seek to assail him. He observes no regular rule in the ordering of his heart. There will be evil.

I read 23 as she sees me as splitting apart or wants to split apart from me..

38 opposing - I read as Estrangement .. we will fall out..

And so on... I think my amateur readings of iching sometimes cause me more worry than anything!! :rolleyes:

..or could they also be possibilities?

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Lodestar, the Legge interpretation of 42,6 contrasts quite strikingly with Wilhelm in that it describes no one contributing to the subject's (your own) increase. This would show little benefit to yourself from the relationship. The Wilhelm interpretation shows, in contrast, that it is the subject himself who fails to bring increase to anyone, including himself. Despite the many benefits available within the time of increase this one fails to keep his heart steady and suffers discontent. In my own readings I have often found this line to be referring to my inability to recognise that I was in fact being increased within the situation. All you can really do is keep this second interpretation available as an alternative choice.
Again, I have usually found 23 to be referring to my own lack of self-determination and conviction but again all you can do is keep this open as a possible choice. It is an outright mistake to insist that one's interpretation of any line is definitively correct - the lines don't work like that. They are best regarded as a "blend" of meaning from which our interpretations emerge as we calmly examine the context, the people involved, previous questions on the subject.We don't impose a final answer, we receive it.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
They are best regarded as a "blend" of meaning from which our interpretations emerge as we calmly examine the context, the people involved, previous questions on the subject.We don't impose a final answer, we receive it.

Thanks so much Peter. That process of receiving answers - is a whole world of learning for me. I think I will be a very different person, when I have reached the ability to do this, it will be a different state of mind. But it is something I can aim for.

Thankyou so much for sharing your insights with me. Much appreciated. :bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).