...life can be translucent

Menu

how to fight dirty tricks ? 31.2.3 to 47

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
This relates to the thread on my water problems at the house http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?22697-water-problems-at-my-house

I received a letter from the mayor -- not in response to registered letters about the water problems or about next week's on site inspection -- but about occasionally parking in front of my house. Note, there is space for that (and both I and the previous owners have been doing the same thing on occasion since the late 70s), while further down the tiny country village,cars do park on and thus block the road.

This is the first of what I fully expect to be a series of "official communications" on anything and everything under the sun he can come up with and with it, as the inspector quipped, he's declared war, there is no sign at all that a peaceful/smart/negotiated outcome might even ben desired by the other side. It is so lovely to constat the atmosphere that I shall be living in and the effet it will have on friendly relations I have had with local folks (who of course will dive for cover to stay on the mayor's good side!).

So I asked yi how to fight this official's persecution of me (that is just beginning)? 31.2.3 to 47

What I get is:
- stay reserved, keep smiling, no gossip, go about my business happily (that'll be tough)
- if i say anything, i won't be believed anyway

Doesn't sound terribly hopeful....

This is going to be a tough summer and a long legal battle...

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Asked two followup questions (thanks for your patience and support people :) )

- how far could he go to harrass me? (he has come to my door to yell and scream at me and kicked my dog - that was very unsettling) - 55.1 to 62 -- he could work long and steadily and with support, picking on any detail (62) as an excuse?

- what should i know about his sources of support (he's an ambitious well connected political type with many hats)? 30.1.3.4.5 to 20 -- Yi lost me there....

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Up?
Someone willing to help? This has me rather upset and anxious. The overall situation is so serious.. I really don't want a long lawsuit or to live in a nasty atmosphere. I'm even starting to think about selling the house and leaving, but it is unsellable with the water problems and all the more if in the midst of a legal procedure..

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Flashlight,

So sorry you are somehow the designated poster-child for everything that's wrong with government! I don't have any new insights but I was thinking about your situation and I got the crazy idea you could start a GoFundMe page. You could very civilly describe what appears to be the cities' problem - that while they are liable there is no money in the cities coffers - and how the mayor has chosen to address it, that is detail the denials and the dirty tricks but do it in a matter of fact fashion. Then ask that your fellow townspeople each chip in a few bucks as this would rescue you and also be cheaper in the long run than the city facing a legal battle. Send it out to everyone in town. You probably wont get a lot of $ but maybe the publicity would help...

Best wishes,
Rosada

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Rosada,
It was very sweet of you to answer and to make what would be, in many other places, a useful suggestion. I'm afraid here, it would not only fail but also boomerang.
Generally speaking, culturally, folks here don't stick their necks out for others publicly (regardless of whether it could remotely have an effect on them or not) --support, empathy, slaying dragons remains private; if there is a need to speak up, out come the umbrallas and the non-involvement treaties.
All the more in a tiny village in the country where I total 3 big demerits: not of here, woman alone, not here 100% of the time (would make little difference if I were though). No one, no matter how friendly and caring and helpul they may be to me one on one, is going to speak up against an obvious vandetta. Rather, some villagers are taking the other route - providing assistance in the budding witch hunt.
I get to smile, rince, repeat, and keep on top of every single piece of legislation or administrative decree as the only recourse. It's a lovely atmosphere to be wrapped in.. So much for my beloved refuge...
Think the good thoughts, folks. I do believe in the immense power of collective energies sent. :)

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi flashlight,

True, it doesn't sound like actions on your own will be effective right now, however it doesn't mean you can't work on getting your ducks in a row in preparation for a legal case when you can act in alliance with others from a position of (hopefully) greater strength. For now, smiling can be a cover for the real work of consolidating your resources behind the scenes instead of taking the "bait" of the mayor's various tricks. Or, another way of putting it, letting him win the battles while you're on the move setting things in motion to win the war. If you haven't seen it already, this post is from a different thread with the same cast and I thought you might appreciate how the suffering sounds so similar to your situation...

"Does she want me to suffer?"

31.2.3 - If you follow her, you'll get hurt. And until she expresses some real interest, you'll only feel humiliated in this situation. This is too one sided to work, hold back. Don't respond to her airy teasing, she needs to show you some serious interest or don't waste your time.

47 says "If one has something to say, it is not believed." This indicates a situation where there is a lack of trust. She doesn't think much of you. The superior man is being held in restraint. You can only deal with this by being cheerful, rather than getting all tired out. Take a break, do something good for yourself.

You should wait, she's playing with you. She might be a narcissist, that feels important by playing with other people's feelings when she has nothing better to do.
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?14211-Does-she-want-me-to-suffer-31-2-3-gt-47

Good thoughts be with you!

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Iams girl,

You've summed it up! And that's what I am doing or striving to. Man it's hard to zip it and smile...and not let how I feel color the rest of life.
I had seen that other thread, which did underscore how hopeless things seem. I wish the poster had come back to give us an update on the outcome... so few do and it would be so helpful if they did...
I've gone from hardly ever turning on the idiot box (TV) to being perfectly happy plopping myself in front of it just to empty my brain and not think. TV is a neuron killing anesthetic -- useful at times, but shouldn't make a habit of it :)
keep sending the good thoughts/vibes people :)

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Hi folks, just a quick circle back as the expert came today. I was tremendously relieved the mayor did not show up as that would have been neither pleasant nor constructive. His right arm and another chap from another local agency came. I zipped it as much as I could, remained calm , smiling and offering beverages. The expert, a big bear of a guy (yup, appearances and presence count - I'm a very petite female those two do not listen to at all) who all nonchalantly just asked a ton of questions wanting a ton of precise answers which the two chaps didn't have answers to because the town piping is so damn old (and unmaintained) that there isn't even a map of where they are, where they connect and where they go. He wouldn't take affirmations without proof. So investigations have to take place (and had been promised to me for the past 5 months) and we just hope they pick up the tab for that without trying to stick me with the bill for what is indeed their responsibility. Once there is a clearer pix of what is where, who owns what, who is responsible for what, then we can proceed. The problem with the water inflitration in the cellar is getting bad. The double wall inside the house is already humid and I am starting to have humidity stains on my belongings inside the house. The chap from the city hall finally grasped the problem was serious and he did express concern about my meter thick outside stone wall. But he also sought a zillion causes that would take them off the hook and threatened town-wide tax increases if they had to pay for works (which would make me terribly popular of course) as the town coffers are empty. Time will tell what happens, I'll keep you posted.

How today fits with the previous readings (and I'm not sure if I should be posting here or on my other thread... moderators??) I've not much of a clue.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I think this thread is a fine place to post the updates. I would be particularly interested if you would comment as to any connections you see between the events and your hexagrams.

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Well, how things went yesterday makes more sense with the casts from my other thread (which talked about the water problems, the expertise and how that would go) than this one, which was specifically on the mayor's flexing power muscles to use any excuse possible to target me (aside -- we have strict noise rules and hours here, and though daily, these are completely violated the mayor does nothing -- how's that for impartial and equitable treatment among residents?).
So the advice from the other thread, despite the difference of interpretation between you and Trojina on 25.6 (do nothing / doing nothing has gone too far) and 5.1 suggesting to remain calm gives a good description of the meeting. I remained calm, I didn't do anything in particular -- that was the expert's job, and he and I expect that the powers that be will conduct the investigations and we'll come to a reasonable solution (euh, that's yet to be seen).
In that thread I had asked (there were no reactions to this) what effect would the expert coming have (60.1.3 to 48). As LiSe puts it "Do not answer to demands or accept values, words, situations or people which do not agree with your own nature." The officials proferred the same spiel I'd already heard, which I wholeheartedly disagreed with - but the expert had the status (and, gotta say it, gender) to be heard and to have his pointed questions not get skirted by canned anwers void of any proof or certainty.
For 60.3, she says "Not gathering restraint, the consequence is gathering laments. No fault.
If one's nature is not to restrain oneself, one gets into trouble. Don't lament it too much: it is part of what you are. If you accept yourself, then accept the trouble too." I had told the expert I'd try to zip it lest I blow up; he got my points across in a way that they could not ignore the issues that lie behind them.

I do remain convinced that the fact the mayor did not come yesterday did have a significant effect on how the meeting went. And I don't see any particular connection between the casts on THIS thread (specific to the mayor and dirty tricks) and how yesterday played out.

Practical question: is there a "lifecycle" to a reading? In other words, if one casts about a situation that is way down the pike time wise, is that cast "valid"? Or is it better to cast closer to the date in question?

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Your update seems like a good consolidation of the two threads, but if you wanted to specifically update the other thread later, it might be helpful for others who have that particular reading. I also think the recent walkthrough does apply to your question since the mayor's surrogates still represent his interests. I find Yi has many layers, so a specific time frame is not always evident without the benefit of hindsight. It depends on the situation and this one looks like it will go on for quite awhile. Do keep us updated; I'm so glad they have recognized the truth of the problem even if an unpleasant awakening. There is always more than one way to handle things and hopefully they will be able to find an alternative to raising taxes. Since the pipes are so old, does the water need to be tested for lead and/or arsenic as well? It sounds like you are raising concerns others may also be wishing were addressed even if they never say anything or thank you.

flashlight

visitor
Reaction score
Of course, the surrogates represent the town's interests, but a difference must be made with personal interests / personality issues & ego. (aside -- two cars all day have been parked **fully** on my road and on the larger road, they don't get tickets and so on). The overall tenor and behavior of each person present would have been quite different had he shown up.
No issue of safety with the water - these are not drinkable water pipes, but rain water evacuation pipes. There has been no upkeep at all in many decades and as we all know it costs more to fix big problems than to maintain things in good working order.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).