...life can be translucent

Menu

Whether to submit to a magazine: 16.1.4.5.6 -> 42

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I asked the I Ching whether I should submit some poems to a magazine (that specializes in long poems). The magazine has two submission windows--in June and November--and I wanted to send them some of my longer poems by the end of the month, so I asked, 'Should I submit to Long Poem Magazine this month?'

I got 16.1.4.5.6 -> 42

With so many changing lines I wasn't sure how the result should be interpreted. :confused: Yes, I do have loads of enthusiasm (hex 16), but I'm not sure whether the lines, particularly line 1, describe me not being able to do so, whether because of lack of time, or maybe procastination?

The relating hexagram is 'increasing', which I take to be a good sign.

Suggestions?

Thanks! :bows:

Reaction score
Hi, I see your reading this way.
If you enter with a sincere heart, in order to built networks and relationships, (16.4) then you will prosper (hexagram 42). But if you are too attached to the results (16.1) or if you become competitive in some unwholesome way (16.6), then you may just suffer (16.5) until the whole thing is over.
Do it with sincere and joyful motives.

TaoYinYang

visitor
Reaction score
The omens are in your favor, I think, but not predictive. 16.1 is underdeveloped & 16.6 similarly but more reasoning then 16.4 is a greatly centered enthusiasm and magnetic and finally 16.5 is the pressures & unobtainableness of it. All of those inner conditions transform into an increase in the likelihood of submitting.

Thanks, good luck.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).