...life can be translucent

Menu

Success?

patty123

visitor
Reaction score
Hello every one out there!!
I asked IC if my friend J is ever going to see his songs published and I got 57/3-6 to 29....I am confused about it...

I will appreciate if anyone can tell me what does it mean? He is a great songwriter but has always get the accolades never the contracts.. and he is at it,again; calling publishers and doing the rounds, never loosing faith. I want to help....but I need your insight.

I am sorry for my English, is my second language, thanks for the support, always!

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
5381.jpg

B

bruce

57 and 29 both have the attribute of being true to itself. In 57 it is what LiSe calls Seals Bestowed, which includes all innate creative abilities, personality traits, etc. In 29 the image is water, which though having no form of its own, is always is true to its nature.

Living this way leads to danger, because nothing is certain. The lessons learned from his endeavors will not be limited to the hoped for or the expected outcome. The best way to go about it is with a continuous effort, just as wind (57) and water (29) wear away mountains over time. Starting and stopping repeatedly leads to frustration and humiliation. In war it can get everyone killed. If it is his seal to pursue this, then he must follow his inner commands and pursue it. But he will have to remain consistent and persevering in his effort.

void

visitor
Reaction score
This is going to sound very negative but I see 57, 3 as saying 'stop persisting'. I see this answer as saying he needs to actually stop pushing, stop persevering because hes banging his head against a brick wall, getting nowhere.

Weird, but its like sure hes got alot of faith but needs to lose it, maybe approach the whole thing differently. Is it possible hes being too pushy,too desperate, that people are no longer listening. I know when I've had 57, 3 in hindsight I always realise I was banging on and on and on about something and wasting time (though it never seemed so at the time)

My feeling is 29 is calling him to stay very centred in himself as he is in danger of losing his balance if he looks too much for outside approval and external measures of success. Line 6 says to me here he is really dissipating his energy (and sanity) making all these calls etc maybe time to pull back a little. This is not to say he is not very talented as you say, but that its not a favourable time for him to be taking this approach.

Maybe its time to lose faith in the publishers for now (59, 3, 6) but never in himself 29.

Thats just my personal slant on this answer - what jumps out at me...

Ultimately I think I agree with Bruce. An artist continues with his work often with no recognition because he or she is called to do so. That does not mean that having no recognition is not a complete pain in the butt however !

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
I have some questions here about other people's experiences with music publishing.

I ask because I've never had songwriting talent or aspirations, and I've had three songs published. It was the easiest part of the whole songwriting process. I just was in a mood, wrote some songs, and the publisher ASKED me if he could publish them and drew up a standard publishing deal. It's so easy you can even self-publish if you want. The hard part is getting them marketed and recorded (and to get them to STAY on the album once they're recorded. My one song that WAS recorded ended up falling off the album... ah shucks anyway!). So...

I have the sneaking suspicion 57 to 29 is telling you this guy has got some healing to do before he can succeed... that this wall he repeatedly beats his head against is a wall he built himself... and must tear down himself to get past it.

Love,

Val

patty123

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you!

Your words and thoughts are very insightful, and all sound true, I fear this is exactly what has been going on for so many years. It is just very difficult to talk to him, specially because he is a popular musician in his local scene. It hurts me deeply to go home after being away for quite some time and find him, in the exact emotional spot, time and place I left him before.

All I do is listen to his music and words, and sometimes wonder what if.........??.... because he is really talented!!! and why he is stuck?

I asked IC last night about him, and even I understood IC, I needed the honesty of your interpretation. Thank you again,

Love......

B

bruce

Thinking back to 'head beating against wall' in song writing daze, it's not difficult to get a song published, per se. Getting it published by a strong publisher, getting past the A&R watch dogs, getting into the right artist's hands, THEN having the tune actually sell - that is the hard part. You can publish your own songs, for that matter.

On the subject of seals, it's a rare artist who also possesses shrewd business skills. And even if he/she does possess them, promoting ones self seems counter-energy to prolific creativity. In other words, this guy needs the help of someone whose seal it is to sell songs to people that will get it heard.

Aside, I was very lucky in this regard; I had an amazing manager. He told me where to show up and play, and I showed up and played. He peddled the material while I sat home over burning incense, searching for inspiration.

There?s exceptions, of course, to juggling both sides of the business, But this fellow doesn?t sound like one.

odile

visitor
Reaction score
I have been having this dream for more than a week and it keeps coming back. Can someone help me with its meaning? I have a boyfriend and we haven't spoken for quite some time. However I see him always in my dreams when I sleep. Yesterday I was to go and see him (in my dreams) but had to pass through some fontain, and some beautiful white water. To get to that place I had to go through that water. Do you think my friend might be in some kind of trouble? The last time we spoke he was under too much stress. Odile.

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Odile
Can I sugest two things?

Perhaps you should start a new thread.

Water can be a cleansing renewing thing.

Fontain? = Mountain? Fountain?

What were your feelings in the dream?

How about doing a Yijing consultation to go along with this request?

I am sure folk would be able to help better then.

All the best

--Kevin

void

visitor
Reaction score
Must be my dirty mind that fountain of white calls to mind what it does to me - ahem - to get to him you need to approach through his sexuality ? Or its calling attention to the sexual side of the relationship ?

patty123

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce, again, your are right on target.. He is defitely NOT a sales man. He lives in this big house all by himself and goes out only on weekends to "work" ...he plays at the local bar, nice place nice crowd, and gets up there... transforming himself. I personally adore watching him, because he even looks the part!! He is cool. But never in material stuff. BTW, Are you a singer, guitar player?? I did not know....so that is how you did it? answering with lots of common sense to my queries, because you know the subject.. Thank you-double !!
happy.gif

Patty

B

bruce

You have my empathy, maybe even sympathy, Patty, if you have more than a friendly interest in this guy. Sure you wouldn't prefer a plumber or school teacher.. anyone but an artist? whew...

Kidding, of course. Artists need love too, perhaps more than anyone. He obviously has passion for what he's doing, even if it is sporadic. A fitting maiden for such a lout should understand her place as the second lover. If he truly is an artist, that can never really change, no matter how hard he (or you) may try.

Yes, a little experience with it.

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Sad thing about that whole situation Bruce (and Patty). I'm the only artist in a family of sales people. They can not fathom why I can't sell my art. They don't understand art for art's sake, and it's absolutely beyond them. And it's impossible to explain to them why I can't go up to someone and negotiate a price for a 'piece of me'... how it feels.

Still... knowing that, you and I, we know that partnership with a manager or artist rep is paramount to our success.

Love,

Val

B

bruce

"partnership with a manager or artist rep is paramount to our success."

I firmly agree, Val.

Funny thing though, once I accepted the primary mission of raising a family, those creative skills were put to use in business, sales, marketing, copy writing, commercial production for radio and television. But even with that knowledge and background, I can not promote myself or anything I happen to create. Not if my life depended on it.

Another artistic quirk can be - self-destruction. Not necessarily destruction of themselves, though that happens too, but of the work they do; because as you said, the art is for art's sake, not for the profit of its outcome. This is why I've never yet been successful at writing anything longer than a few paragraphs about Yi, for example. As soon as it is written, it is past, it's history, and therefore no longer living. Then I must delete it. It's not a case of being good enough or not, but of it becoming some "thing".

I'm sure I've shared this saying here before, but maybe it bears repeating: "An artist's obligation is to their art. An entertainer's obligation is to their audience." Some have managed to do and be both, but it's pretty rare. And the truly amazing artists didn't strive to be amazing, at all.

patty123

visitor
Reaction score
Yes! It is more than a friendship, goes well beyond even a romance, more like a love of a lifetime, though I've always been certain of my place in the whole equation.

Maybe the whole situation could be sad only if I had been waiting for something else from him. Let's just say I learned long time ago that I was second to his art, to his life style, that is why we live in different countries...ja!
But have never lost touch with one another.

Bye for now, I am taking your words in my heart. You really do not know how much it means to hear from someone else, what I have told myself...too many times!

Patty

B

bruce

If you understand this and wish to remain on with him, great for both of you! He's a lucky guy.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).