...life can be translucent

Menu

Longest Divination ever- Coincidence or innocent error?

s_dandy

visitor
Reaction score
Hello again,
I will be going over a session I did December 4th, 2002. It was one of my last since I require a more comfortable place to divine. As mentioned earlier it appeared that I surely made a mistake regarding traditional Hexagram casting. I did my process twice before I decided to continue until I got no changing lines. This is what I got; oh, I must also mention that I use the Yarrow Stalk method, so with the time it takes for me to complete a hexagram it took me a few days to finish with the question.

Question: What can I expect if I try to get hired at M. Warehouse?

In sequence, I got hexagrams 24-Returning, 8-Grouping, 58-open, 23-stripping, 22-adorning, 60-articulating, 61-conforming, 16-providing for, 36-brightness hiding, and 47-confining.

I guess it would help to list changing lines:
#24=6/2(six at second),6/3,6/4,6/5
#8=6/3,9/5,6/6
#58=9/2,9/5
#23=6/3
#22=9/6
#60=9/2
#61=9/5, 9/6
#16=6/2,6/3,9/3
#36=9/1,6/4
#47=no changing lines.
Any comments would be appreciated, my big question is; how do these flow in sequence? When reading from the Steven Karcher book all those hexagrams seem to flow from Spring to Trial in an almost sequential flow. Where I am now in the whole scheme of things is the question. I am very aware that the terms Spring, ect.,are divinatory terms; not really related to time at all. Still, I'm sure there is some kind of flow to it all. Also, this is not my first time "Chinging" its just my most peculiar yet.

Thanks to you all.
Seek One with the Way

pedro

visitor
Reaction score
You seem to be in loop man
happy.gif

I dont really understand what method you are using, but I think its pretty safe to say that you have somehow misinterpreted it or been misdirected, as that is by far the weirdest cast I've ever seen.
If you follow the Yarrow method ONCE to the end (I mean, three cuts times 6 lines), you will arrive at ONE single hexagram, eventually with 1 up to 6 moving lines. This moving lines (should there be any) will tell you a second hexagram, you get from replacing moving lines with the resulting line from the movement. All moving lines change to show the second (relating) hexagram... Thats it: one, at most two hexagrams. Period. There are other hexagrams you can derive from either of these two, but this is the core of the answer. You can say "I got #24", or "I got #24 moving to #43" (which it would with moving 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th lines). But Ive never heard of "I got #24, #8, #58, #23..."
happy.gif

I know for sure that after three days casting an answer I wouldnt be able to remember what the question was
happy.gif

Here's a good comparative page with several casting methods, including Yarrow sticks
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MC9275/iching/howtocast.htm

s_dandy

visitor
Reaction score
Many thanks for getting back Pedro,

Please believe that I am fully aware that I should only be getting two 'grams really. Thats why this anomoly really confused me. Its probably safe to say that this may be a first time for many to hear of an incident like this. Even for myself, the first time the related hexagram had changing lines it really had me perplexed. But no matter how many times I started over (trust me I am very confident with the method I chose) I continued to get continuous changing lines.
And as for the whole extended day thing; I kept the question close to my heart because it affected me to a point where I had nightmares, so there was definatly an imprint of the query fresh in by brain.
I do thank you Pedro for giving me a new way to review the session. I had already begun to interprate the related hexagrams, I just couldnt get the proper quiet time. But is it safe to say that those 'grams I listed with changing lines have the appropiate related 'gram? The reason I ask about where I am in relation to their sequence is because I asked "What can I 'expect' when I attempt to get hired at my old job; and the Yi told me yes I would go back to my old job, also it seems to give me a full cycle of hexagrams related to the 6 months I plan to work there (I'll be moving to North Carolina). Some of the 'grams have not been activated yet, although the first three have been identified as I go back over them.
If any one is currently recieving this post right now, check me out here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/I_Ching_chat/
Its here for a reason...
Be One with the Way

s_dandy

visitor
Reaction score
Awseome Pedro!!

Oh my gosh, I think I see what I did. I casted a new hexagram each time. What I mean is, when I got changing lines in 24 I casted a new 'gram instead of just changing the lines of the primary 'gram to the new lines. I believe that may be where the mistake was made. Strangly enough though, the Yi Ching didnt repremand me for such a thing. Any thoughts?

'The sea shakes hands with the mountain base'

pedro

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I think that was your mistake. Just the first consultation gives it all, dont go asking again. The I Ching "didnt repremend" you cause one can always get some further meaning from any hexagram. Your real answer should have been the very first in that row, but who's to say what's right? Since you got all those hexagrams, it wont hurt for you to give them a look as well, and see if any of them gives you an extra clue. But all those signs may become confusing, as most people has enough trouble interpreting just the actual and resulting hexagrams...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).