...life can be translucent

Menu

I'm Rusty - could use help interpreting

annietyme

visitor
Reaction score
I have been in a relationship for a little while now. Recently there has been a health concern in my immediate family & this development is moving me to another state to be near my family in this time of need. I asked the I Ching What does the future hold for me & Suisse?
The I Ching gave me primary hex of 55 with changes in the primary, third & fourth into relating hex of 2.
I have been away from the I Ching for a while & could use the interpretation help. I care deeply for my partner yet feel left in the dark regarding their feelings. I know that he does care but I never seem to get a straight answer, he always skirts around with it.

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Annietyme, welcome back!

Funny you should say "in the dark". There has been quite a bit of discussion recently hereabouts on the historical eclipse that seems to be connected with #55. Briefly, and clumsily, (because I don't get it all either), it seems that there was a ruler who was about to embark on an ambitious invasion when he died. His son really wanted to keep going with the invasion, but custom was that he mourn for 3 years instead. Well, he didn't like that, so he cast an oracle...which also wasn't auspicious, and what's more, there was an eclipse and a big storm that happened too - heavy cosmic pressure to sit tight and do nothing. But the ruler didn't do nothing, he reinterpreted the signs to counsel action, and he convinced everyone else too...who joined him, and he was successful.

So how does this relate to you? Well, in #55, the lower trigram (within) is light, Clarity, and the upper one (without) is thunder, action. You don't know what his feelings are, but, within, you know what your feelings are. You can use what you know to persuasively put into motion any course of action that reflects and expresses your true feelings. Now this time may be brief, but it is likely to have a lasting effect. I think the thing to concentrate on is expressing (through actions as much as words) how you feel, both about your partner, and about your family members. Your sincerity will shape their response. It says, "be like the sun at midday," not the moon - now is a time for shining, not reflecting. Even if you get eclipsed, it is others who are looking to you for answers, not you who should be looking to others.

Hope that helps a little.

annietyme

visitor
Reaction score
Yes that does shed some light on the issue @ hand. Thank you immensely!

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is interesting that you should get this hexagram which speaks about an eclipse of the sun. If the sun, (sometimes) refers to the man, and the moon to the lady, then in a solar eclipse, we cannot see the sun too well. Perhaps your friend likes it this way, for you to be in the dark about how he feels. I am not accomplished when it comes to game playing in relationships, don't understand that world too well, but it does seem to be that many people, both men and women, find there is some kind of advantage in keeping their partner guessing, in keeping them off balance, sometimes it is a control issue. Interesting that all the changing lines in the hexagram are yang lines.

Gene

annietyme

visitor
Reaction score
What does all changing yang lines mean? is that a masculine reference I forget. Thanks Gene, I am not too familiar with game playing either so it gets quite frustrating. Whenever the topic of love comes up or us he just skirts the issues but shows pouty faces when I have to go out of town for a week & complains that he misses me all ready when I haven't even left yet. it's all rather confusing.

Thanks again, Annie

annietyme

visitor
Reaction score
Update: I asked for the I Ching to "Show me an image of my relationship with my Suisse."

It gave me 36 with changes in the second & third (Ming I / Darkening of the Light) into 19 (Lin / Approach).

Is this saying that I will soon have my answer regarding how he feels about me?

*crosses fingers* Annie

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).