...life can be translucent

Menu

What should I make of this

mnbm2

visitor
Reaction score
I have asked the I Ching to help me understand the likely outcome of a relationship between me and a man I've been interested in for quite some time and got hexagram 15 with line 5 and 3 moving which in turn turned into 8. I took the answer to be encouraging in terms of pursuing this further.

I later asked a more specific question regarding the likely outcome if there were to be a union (or marriage) here and got 54 with moving line 3 which then in turn gave me 34.

There now seem to be opposing messages and I am bit confused -- any thoughts?

C

candid

Mnbn2,

I'd say both answers are suggesting for you to stay in the now, the present tense of this relationship. Disunity only occurred when you persisted in wanting to know the outcome - future tense. Doing this is easier said than done, however. I mean, one of the reasons we consult the Ching is to have insight toward our future, right? Yet, the Ching guards this knowledge, partly because much of what happens in our future is guided by our words and actions now, in the present.

Relationships are organic, and grow according to how and what they are fed. 15 suggests continuing on toward a completion of the relationship. Notice I said "a" completion and not "the" completion. That's one of the messages of 54. There is no finish line in eternity. By being aware of this, you can live and love more fully in the present, which is what Yi councils you to do, according to this reading.

Your change lines suggest that you make no claims, but that you assert your thoughts, gifts and actions energetically. Its not a matter of passively letting things take their own course, but of being an active and creative partner.

I wish you well in the future, but even more so in the present.
happy.gif

Candid

C

candid

Mnbm2, sorry spelling your handle incorrectly. *hangs up typist wanted sign*

mnbm2

visitor
Reaction score
Candid,

Your insight has helped me tremendously. They say, don't they, that the answers you get are generally the ones that you need to hear most.

Many Thanks, Mnbm2

C

candid

Mnbm2,

Certainly this is true of inquiring of Yi, though they're not always the answers we want to hear. Your reading sounds encouraging though.

I'm pleased you were able to benefit from it.

Candid

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).