...life can be translucent

Menu

How to know which person the hex is talking about

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Often in a hexagram I have trouble figuring out who the hex is speaking about or to whom. For instance, if I ask about a relationship between me and a friend, a hex might say "the superior man"... or in another one it might say the "subject of the line"... How do I know(in a friendship)if it isn't quite clear, who the hex is apeaking about? is the advice speking about my character or theirs and is it telling me or them to do certain things? Help!

C

cheiron

Hi Candida

I was reading about this the other day? I think it was in one of Karcher?s books (can?t check the exact ref. ?cos I have just taken my soft backs of for binding as hardbacks? sorry)

But the text was? Be very clear about who you are asking about in the question. If you want to know about the others persons feelings/ situation / actions; make that clear in the question and then read it from their perspective. In that scenario you become the ?other? (if mentioned) in the answer.

This having been said I find it takes a lot of inner world clarity on my part when I do this? My experience, for myself, is that the question I really ask is the one I hold in my heart - so to speak? so sometimes I get an answer to that question and not the one I think I asked with my head.

Thus when in emotional turmoil I am liable to get conflicting and confusing answers? that is when I get someone else to cast for me?

Maybe others have a different experience of this?

Best wishes

--Kevin

frandoch

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candida,

I feel that your enquiry highlights a problem that many people have.

It can very much depend on how the question was phrased. I find that if I choose to ask for an answer to a particular question, then that is what I get - whether or not I understand the answer at the time.

May I suggest that you ask a question based on the following:

'How should I act, in a creative relationship with the spirits or forces shaping this moment of time???'. After all - that is what you really want to know.

The 'superior man' is the Sage - the ideal.

The subject of the line depends on your question.

Michael (frandoch)

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Candida,

Talk of synchronicity! Yesterday I drew a hexagram as an answer to a question about my future here at work and received a couple of lines that speak of someone else involved in this situation. It is clearly her becase she is in the leading position, not I and she is the tyrant, not I. Also I think there is something about the top trigram that belongs to the rulers and the bottom that belongs to the followers-- and this way one can distinguis who's being referred to. Anyone shed any light on this?

Best for Your Quest

Anita

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting question! Kevin you offer a good point: be very clear in the way you state your question. Yet for me this sometimes still isn't enough.

Recently I asked about how a friend feels about me (always a tough question to ask anyway!) and the response was 34, Great Power. I've since been torn about interpretation: is it him with great power? Or does he see me as having great power? I thought I asked my question clear enough until I got the answer -- then I was stuck!

Kevin, I also stronlgy agree with you that the answer we receive is really about the question we hold in our heart. It's about the real question, not necessarily the one we've externally expressed. This is why I do my best to sit very quietly before forming a question, to help ensure that it's accurate and real. This is hard to do!

Blessings.

A

ann

I have always assumed that the 'great person' is an ideal, as in 'the great person will find the good in any situation' or whatever. Or the Sage of course. But sometimes I do wonder if that person is me or perhaps another person depending on my question. But I usually assume that I am being set an example of good behaviour that I should aspire to and try to copy.

Good luck

Ann

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Ann, and all those above, I understand now that the superior person means a wise person or superior person because he takes wisdom the Ching gives him and uses it thus. However, like you, it is hard to distinguish sometimes. Today I asked this Q: I need to know if X(name not revealed here)will ever tell me "I love you" either in spoken words or in correspondence? and got this reply: Hex 5
Waiting for Nourishment, first line. The paragraph of 5 states that the superior man eats, drinks, feasts end enjoys himself as if there were nothing else to employ him. I'm assuming that this refers to X that I was asking about, but this might also be relevant to me. I'm not sure. On to line 1 of Hex 5 which says " shows the subject waiting in the distant border and it will be well for him to constantly maintain the purpose the shown and there will be no error." Is my friend X waiting in the distant border or am I waiting in the distant border? Sometimes I feel like a second class detective trying to figure this all out, but often it is kinda funny too and makes me smile.

frandoch

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there,

May I offer this as an another perspective, perhaps. I call Hex 5 'Calculated Waiting'.

Michael F.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hex 5

Key Characteristics: Patience, Nourishment, Perseverance, Self Discipline.

Overview: Destiny is at work here. The forces controlling this situation are far too strong for you to have any effect. So, just wait.

Outer World: Nothing you can do can affect the forces that are controlling this situation. It is out of your hands. Thus, ?Calculated Waiting?. It requires you to wait with the correct mental attitude. You must just wait; without hope, without fear, without anxiety, and without anticipation, because you know that when the time is right, you will succeed. If you adopt the correct mental attitude, the Creative will do the rest.

Inner World: In this situation ?the wise one? is confident, cheerful, and supportive of others. Have no doubts about the past or the future. Involve yourself totally in the present moment. So, the correct behaviour during ?Calculated Waiting? is to avoid any negativity in thought, word or deed. Negativity inhibits the actions of the Creative. If negative thoughts arise, dismiss them. Tell yourself that the outcome is assured. Avoid expressing doubt about either the past or the future. As for your deeds, carry out the tasks you currently have to complete, to the best of your ability, even though they may seem to bear no relation to the attainment of your goals. Use this period to nourish yourself in both body and spirit, so that you will be ready to move when the time is right.. The text says that ?the wise one? eats, drinks, feasts and enjoys herself as if nothing else mattered. This implies that she is totally in the present moment. She remains content with things as they are.

General: Don?t try to force anything. Remain positive. Be content with yourself and your current life situation. Remember, the Universe is unfolding exactly as it should, even if you don?t agree. However it may seem locally, the unfolding is perfection. If you accept the guidance, success is assured.

Line 1: ENJOY THIS MOMENT - FORGET THE FUTURE. Everything?s O.K. but you are starting to worry about trouble in the future. The future doesn?t exist, except as a projection from your ego mind. It?s a phantom, a mirage, it?s unreal. You can deal with anything in the present moment, but how can you deal with something that doesn?t exist? When it arrives, it will no doubt bear little resemblance to your projected fears. It seldom does. When the future becomes the ?Now?, then you will deal with it. So, enjoy the ?Now?, because there?s nothing else.</FONT>

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Frandoch (Michae F)

It was so amazing to read your posting here because of what you gleaned from Hex 5 in my situation. This is so...oh..so.. true!! Later, I am going to print out all these postings in order to keep this advice at hand for further reference. I have a habit of forgetting(when doubts arise) and this will help me to calm my fears. Your answers just re-enforced what I was down deep wondering about. Thank you Frandoch and all friends here.

frandoch

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candida,

I am pleased to have been of help.

Michael F. (Frandoch)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom