...life can be translucent

Menu

Modesty context

candida

visitor
Reaction score
My friend left his job abruptly and left, no-one knows what happened to him so I asked, "Why did ----leave his job so quickly, what happened?" and received Hex 15, modesty , lst 2nd,and 3rd lines
relating Hex 19
I'm not sure what modesty would mean here. Thanks for anybodys thoughts on this. Oh, and if anyone else would please throw for me and ask the same question, I would appreciate this because no-one has seen this friend or knows where he is at or how he is doing since he left his job.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Candida,

Do you mean that he gave up his job (resigned)?
If that is the case, one possibility with 15 to 19 is that he wanted more space and freedom for himself.
But 15 to 19 could also have other meanings.

Additional information might be helpful.
How long ago did he leave? Did he talk about leaving? Anything known about his mood?

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings Martin
Well, my friend is my physician whom I was also a good friend to. I had an appointment with him this month of October, but when I called to make certain about my appt, the office assistant told me that he was gone(she hadn't seen him in 3 or 4 months(neither had I since my last visit). In other words he just quit or left never to return. He never talked to me about leaving, never acted like anything was wrong. Well, yesterday, I received a letter in the mail stating that his office would no longer be open and to search for a new physician. I thought things were picking up for him in his practice but I was shocked that he wouldnot let me know where he had gone because we were so close. Perhaps he hasn't established himself in another practice as yet? maybe he was fired? This very same behaviour happened a year ago. He abruptly left his practice here in our town to go to the practice he just left 3 months ago in a new town. I'm kinda leaning towards the fact that he got fired from his last job(the one a yr. ago); at least that was the buzz that went around town, that he hadn't done a procedure according to the protocol of the medical conglomerate. He does have the medical condition known as Tourettes syndrome which might affect his personality and he was looking for Ms. right and was extremely lonely cause he hadn't found her(he's 49yrs of age)
I really would like to know if he is ok and where he is at but I don't know how to word the questions to I Ching without asking a yes and no question. Do you know how I should word it? Thanks very kindly to replying to my questions as I appreiate it.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Candida,

In your earlier question you asked why he left and what happened. Perhaps it's a good idea to ask again, this time about how he is now. How is his situation and state of mind? (you can use words or just concentrate on him while you are consulting the oracle)
Of course you can also try to figure out where he is (geographically) but if you use the I Ching or another oracle for that purpose the answers might be difficult to interpret ...

It's funny that you mentioned that he was looking for Ms Right, because one of the associations that I had was "secret lover". So maybe he has found her
happy.gif
The information that you gave about him sheds a different light on hexagram 15. I could imagine that he is looking for a less demanding job (the 'modesty' of 15) in which he is less hindered by his symptoms.
Apart from the tics he might indeed have problems with those 'procedures according to protocol'.
People with the Tourettes syndrome are sometimes very impulsive. Although it is not a general rule (not everybody with the syndrome is impulsive, as far as I know) his abrupt leaving (now and a year ago) seems to indicate that impulsiveness is an issue in his case.

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Martin I am so glad you decided to speak with me on this issue as not too many people want to get involved with me. I think they might see me as a rather bad woman because I posted before about how the physician I asked about was my doctor, and my friend in whom I drew very close. I never meant for it to happen,(I'm married) but because of circumstances we were thrown together.(There never was any physical involvement, just lots of flirting and letter writing).
You mentioned that one of the associations that you got was "secret lover". Since I am very dense when it comes to I Ching, does this mean you threw for me and that was the answer you got--secret lover? Do you suppose if that was it, it might have pertained to me as being the secret lover because I did express to the doctor that i did love him just as I loved my husband? I know it seems evil and shallow of me but have you ever met someone that you came to love(male or female friend or lover that you just loved no matter what? I had girlfriends that were just like sisters and a few men friends just like brothers.
I did ask last night of Ching, "How was his frame of mind? and received the hex that spoke of depression and loss, but for the life of me I can't remember which one. I've always believed that heaven or God brought us together(not to commit adultery, as that is against God) but to really care for one another because of the way we met. However, maybe I was wrong because if I never see him again, I won't quit caring, but time often makes one forget. Anyhow, you are such a great friend for listening to this and hope to hear from you soon. thanks

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Candida,

The association of "secret lover" was with hex 19, the (relating) hexagram that you received.
Another association that I had - again with 19 - was "lost loved one" and the thought crossed my mind that he was perhaps *your* lost loved one
happy.gif
. But that didn't seem to fit, so I disregarded the idea.
It's a pity that you forgot what the I Ching said about his frame of mind. Depression - was it perhaps hexagram 47? If you want, please ask again.

Now that you mention it I do remember your earlier posts about your friendship with your doctor (I didn't make the link between your name and those posts until now) and I also remember that I was moved by your story. There was nothing shallow or evil in it, on the contrary!
Of course we should be careful with our lovers so as not to hurt them (and I know that your are careful) but if our love goes to different people, well, that is the nature of love, it is abundant, like the sun.
I would be very surprised (and a little bit jealous or perhaps not a little bit *grin*) if the sun would refuse to shine on me because it was already shining on you. Wouldn't you?
Candida, all the best, and as I said, please ask the I Ching again if you want to. And if you do, let us know what the answer is.

Martin

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Candida,

I feel for your difficult situation. I'm unclear if you speak about the same physician (the one who disappeared is also the one you have a special friendship with?) Anyway, I have found it difficult at best to ask Yi questions about another person. But what does seem to work, both because it feels more respectful and less invasive, and also puts it back on me (since I'm the one inquiring anyway) is to ask: "What do I need to know about what's happening with XX?" This way, I somehow feel that the cosmos knows I'm being respectful to only request information that is okay for me to possess. And the answers I receive with this method seem more accurate, too.

All the best to you,
Malka

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Malka, hello
It is real good to hear from you again.
Yes, the physician who is lost to me is the same one who was my special friend. I say was because I don't know if I'll ever see him again(in a relationship way)or any other for that matter. he currently has no office as far as I can tell.
I took your advice and asked "What do I (inserted my real name)need to know about whats happening with K at this point in time and received Hex 56 The Wanderer, line 5 Relating Hex 33 Retreat no lines
The wanderer seems appropo to both me and him because I am a wanderer in the relationship; because I am married, and he might be a wanderer because he hasn't any steady job as a physician now.(i wish someone here in town would tell me what happened but they are so tight lipped due to the privacy act but i think patients also have a right to know why their care was so abruptly supended).
Since I asked the Q. from the point of what i need to know whats happening to or with him, the relating Hex of Retreating 33 might refer to him
retreating from everything and everyone. One thing I may have overlooked, maybe he is retiring!! He's only 49 though. Maybe he did have a break-down. He is rather high strung.
Just like Martin, you too are very sweet in nature. I don't have many friends locally, so I appreciate the ones that are here. Tx
Candida

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Candida,

Without taking a very close look at line 5, my first hit about 56>33 is that you already know everythng that you need to know at this time: He is wondering through life just now, and it's not an appropriate time for him to put down any kind of roots, and this is further acknowledged by Yi in that he has retreated from the recent circumstances of his life circumstances.

I can imagine it may be uncomfortable, and even a little painful, to not know more. But it appears that at this time there is no more for you to know.

Remember, everything always changes, and nothing stays the same. e.g. This too shall pass.

I wish both of you peace.

Blessings,
Malka

candida

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind posting Malka.
I've since discovered that the situation witht the lost doctor/friend has to do with the entire conglomerate going out of business due to corruption through no fault of the physician who was my friend. It seems that another physician in the group had been investigated via the State Police for wrong doing a year ago and the whole group is now being dissolved. Therefore my friend and all the employees there are sadly scrambling for new positions. I have no idea where this leaves me and the friendship I had with the doctor; that makes me sad just from a friendship point of view alone. I'm not sure but I think there is a lot more corruption there than the public knows and when it comes to light it could be a powder keg!
The physicians here in NW PA have been fighting the insurance coverage because their costs wer skyrocketing and many left the state. This is real scary for citizens because of the care they might not be able to get. If it happens here, your state may be next. With the corruption and the insurance costs, it frightens me to know what next. Anyhoo, I will keep ya'all posted.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).