...life can be translucent

Menu

What's Going on Here (Was "Hexagrams in Pairs)

joang

visitor
Reaction score
Steve and Deb,
I am replying in a new thread because Martin's question to the Oracle was in reference to the heated discussion focussed on Steve, whereas mine was on the previous situation about Chris.

Steve wrote:
"What's so difficult to understand about what's going on here that an oracle needs to be consulted?

If you don't understand what's going on here then what makes you think you will understand what an oracle says about it?

If we cannot understand what is in front of our eyes, an oracle will have little to add."

I cannot speak for Martin, but my reasons for asking the Oracle were as follows: The bruhaha over Chris presented a situation we were all a part of, either as participants or as spectators. I thought it might be a good learning experience for us, to compare our individual subjective perceptions of what we witnessed to the impartial objective judgement of the Yi. We do not all interpret what is before our eyes in exactly the same way. I thought it would be interesting to see the same situation from different points of view. Also, since the focus was on Chris and his material, I thought it appropriate to use Chris's site for my consultation and then ask him to interpret the Oracle's answer using his own approach.

That was what I planned to do, but the unexpected changed that. My printer mysteriously spewed out an unrequested document along with Chris's text on Hexagram 62, the Oracle's answer to my question, "What was the situation that just played out on the forum?" By the time I got out of the Twilight Zone, I was too tired to follow through, and went to bed without posting. By the time I could again address the forum, the stream had flowed on, and what had been "the current situation" changed to something else, and it was too late, imo. I had once again missed the right time.

Well, that's it. Now that you know, do you still think it was a foolish question to ask the Oracle?

Namaste,
Joan

joang

visitor
Reaction score
One other thing... by comparing an actual scenario to the words the I CHIng itself uses to describe it, I thought it might clarify something about the I Ching as well as the situation we witnessed.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).