...life can be translucent

Menu

Joint approach.

C

candid

Hi Hilary. I didn't forget to address your reading which you though may have referred to me as one who was coming in "joint approach." I think I am one of a few here who taken hold of the plow along with you, by your side. I think this has become something of a joint approach. You are who we rally around, quite literally. The website is proprietary to you. We rally and support. This makes it a joint approach.

If you are at all human, which I have no doubt about, *smiles* you may have experienced a bit of proprietorship slipping from your hands. That's natural. But through your wisdom and will, you've chosen to take the high and gracious road. This in turn creates all the more respect for you and the work you do here. Its a great example of the superior principles you've learned and applied to your life.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Warmly,
Candid

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
*cringe sheepishly*
I have been receiving such encouraging (and uncompromising) readings about this. Let me tell you my favourite one (one of my lifetime favourite readings, in fact) - you will like it.

Background:
About 3 people have given money back for the readings they received here, maybe twice that have offered help to others, out of 70-80 Friends. Being human, as you rightly surmise, I'm sometimes left thinking 'Is this idea commercially viable at all? Why is almost everyone valuing the hours I put in at zilch? Am I being too sentimental, do I need a serious injection of hard-nosed business sense?' (whine, whinge, etc, etc)

So (a little while before you appeared, BTW) I asked what next? and received 42 changing to 27.

No commentary needed, I think.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

C

candid

No, but I'll add one anyway. *grin*

I've also thought about deriving an income from helping others through I Ching consolation. I've come to the conclusion that unless I have a Ph.D. in comparitive studies, its not very viable. I still remain receptive to it, should that be my calling, but my conclusion is summed up in your #42, change line in the 5th place:

Nine in the fifth place means:

If in truth you have a kind heart, ask not.
Supreme good fortune.

Truly, kindness will be recognised as your virtue.
True kindness doesn't count on nor ask about merit and gratitude but acts from inner necessity. And such a truly kind heart finds itself rewarded in being recognised, and thus the beneficent influence will spread unhindered.

Your work here is appreciated and you are reaching others with the otherwise hidden treasure contained within the book of changes. The work seems fruitless at times and is in fact, taken for granted by some, but not all.

Respectfully,
Candid

D

dharma

It seems to me that Hilary could use a little assistance and insight herself these days. We could all show a hand of support by kindly adding our two cents worth (as Citymouse, would say
happy.gif
) or more, if we are inclined.

I realize that we don't all have the same abilities to share but we all have *something* of value that may turn out to be very useful to her as she tries to come to terms with what she needs to do to turn her business into one that is financially viable.

For those of you who feel even a little comfortable with the I Ching, I asked the following question:

"What is the best way for Hilary to proceed with her business at this time?"

and received Hexagram 18--line 2 changes--Hexagram 52. Of course, Hilary, you are welcome to participate in this venture as well!
happy.gif

As you are well aware, the I Ching is not *my* area of expertise but I will certainly give it a shot.

It seems to me that you are dealing with a situation that needs correcting and that you must do something to get to the root of the problem before it goes much further. So far, you have maintained a low profile and have avoided taking risks, however, I believe that this meditative approach allows you to look deeply into the matter to eventually identify the problem and find the solution. The changing line indicates that these things take time and that it is best to not go to extremes when implementing the changes.

On another note, I suggest that you consider doing the free readings only as long as you feel like you are benefiting from the experience as well. Or, perhaps consider offering only the first reading free. This, I realize, is not going to make me very popular, however, the honest labours of another should never go unrewarded. To merely recognize a person's talents isn't going to put food on their table, so I am speaking to everyone here who uses Hilary's services.

You too, Hilary, must celebrate your talents enough to *expect* payment for your efforts.

I invite everyone to participate and add their ideas.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Dharma,

This is very sweet of you! I do actually do straightforward paid readings also - if you can get here without knowing about those, then that just goes to show that I don't know how to design websites
wink.gif
! And I started up this 'pay what you see fit afterwards' scheme on the I Ching's insistence - assuming I understood it correctly, of course. It seems good to be able to read for those who can't afford £20 as well as those who can!

You are absolutely right that doing readings when feeling negative would be no help to anyone (least of all the people I read for!). Fortunately I do feel very positive about it - and on the rare occasions when I don't, the I Ching can be relied upon to say something like 42,5. (Which, of course, goes right back to 'you have to want to do it'!)

Thank you for doing the reading on my behalf - I am touched! 18 - oh, dear. Obviously there is something I need to put right. I wonder whether this is generally 'the corruption of caring and nurturing' or more specifically my need (which I think I've inherited on the female side!) to know what's going on everywhere, retain control, etc. (A rather neat antithesis to #52...) Joint approach!!

So that's one message I pick up from this. I am very open indeed to suggestions of what I'm missing, though!

C

candid

In keeping with Dharma's reading, #18, allow me to quote from Wilhelm.

"The superior person must first remove stagnation by stirring up public opinion, as the wind stirs up everything, and must strengthen and tranquillise the character of the people, as the mountain gives tranquility and nourishment to all that grows in its vicinity."

Seems to me, that's exactly what's happening.

It seems to me that it goes back to the artist/entertainer analogy. An artist's obligation is to art. An entertainer's obligation is to (their) audience. There's no question that a more commercially attractive website and marketing approach would contribute significantly to cash flow. (satisfying the market or audience) If however, the objective is to further the art of enlightenment to those who seek beyond instant gratification of transient answers to transient questions, than enlightenment is its own reward.

One of the fundamental rules of marketing is, define your market.

Then there is always the possibility of doing two distinctly different approaches to two different target markets. Perhaps a CD version to be sold for profit, cross-promoting one on one personal readings, co-promoting this site for seekers.

Just a suggestion.

Respectfully,
Candid

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I have my ears open!
"There's no question that a more commercially attractive website and marketing approach would contribute significantly to cash flow. (satisfying the market or audience)"
Believe it or not, this site is about as commercially attractive as I know how to make it. In other words, I don't know much
wink.gif
. I would certainly welcome any ideas you have for things I could change!

C

candid

Hi Hilary. I think this site is perfect for exactly what its being used for. I honestly wouldn't change a thing.

To address a broader demographic, a more commercial type of design and interactivity might be a better choice. It would, however compromise the depth of integrity. Much like a song writer who drops two verses of great lyrics to repeat the CD selling "hook" of the song. It becomes commercial. Its done not for the art so much as for the entertainment value. Personally, I think a sellable CD would be viable choice. There are others who are doing it, so you wouldn't have a corner on the market. But obtaining a respectable market share would generate cash flow.

The cross promotion I had mentioned would simply be a matter of linking this site from the CD, promoting the CD on this sight and possibly creating a third, more commercial site emulating the CD version for free a reading.

If this interests you and you would like to brainstorm further on costs and means, etc, please feel free to email me.

Respectfully,
Candid

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).