...life can be translucent

Menu

26, 28 and 55

haku

visitor
Reaction score
i am confused regarding the meaning of these hexagrams.
for 26, The Power of the Great, Carol Anthony (whose book i tend to like a lot) gives a very negative interpretation: "Crescendo of awfulness situation". I don't see that negativity in the Wilhelm interpretation.
for 28, Preponderance of the Great, Anthony seems to be merely positive, while Wilhelm ponts at the fragility of the situation.
For 55, Abundance, Wilhelm is totally positive, whereas Anthony warns "an eclipse is going to occur".

what is yr personal view of and experience with these hexagrams? if u get them for an answer with no chnging lines, do you consider them as red lights or green lights?

hitchhiker

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Haku

Hi, I'm too new to give you any real advice but my own feeling is that what you get out of the hexagrams depends on your question, your situation and your own intuition about it. Different people can approach the same reading differently. That's just my two cents.

Brian and Hilary recently recommended LiSe's translation to me and I found it very useful, so I thought you might too. Here's the link:
http://www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/yi_index.html

Hope it helps.

happy.gif
hh

haku

visitor
Reaction score
thank u hilary for welcoming me. thank u too hitchhiker. i will check out that translation. i ahve never heard of it.

to clarify the nature of the question: i mean the following case: whenever i ask "is it a good idea to ****" (this is my most frequent question to i ching, **** can be "go on holiday", "take up classes", "sleep with this person", "accept this job" etc... anything) - and i get one of these 3 hexagrams, no changing lines, i am stuck with the apparently contradictory interpretations of Carol Anthony and Wilhelm.

i want to add, that apart from the confusion here, i have found carol anthony's book always extremely accurate. i have been using it, together with wilhelm, for 3 years. before, i used wilhelm alone for about 4 years.

glad i found this site. thank you to the makers. :)

haku

visitor
Reaction score
btw, yesterday i received 55 as an answer to a question, and because i wasn't sure how to interprete it, i asked for clarification and threw the coins again, and then i got 26...

pam

visitor
Reaction score
Haku,
Sometimes when you are receiving the same answer or set of answers to most questions you ask, the I Ching is trying to alert you to something else that is happening in your life that you have not asked about. Maybe you need to ask "Is there something happening that I need to know?" or start guessing by asking a series of questions - "Is this a warning?", etc. and narrow it down that way. All three of these hexagrams can have the meaning of "overpowering situations that will put a stop to all other extraneous activity" until the situation is resolved. I don't want to alarm you, but maybe you should ask about things that might be a threat to you, whether you feel threatened now or not. I recently got a few of those answers and discovered that next year will bring a lot of job hardship and possible conflicts of job and marriage. I now am trying to find the best way to resolve these potential problems without sacrificing a livelihood or my marriage. Keep writing about your experience...and good luck.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).