...life can be translucent

Menu

She is Yi.

C

candid

Yi is as the tree, which grows in us.
She?s the influence and the joy of my life.
Can I be in love with a principle?

I often refer to Yi in the masculine principle and notice others do too. More than ever, I give consideration to her feminine qualities. Surely the earth and her three daughters are Yi.

She?s safe ? and warm.
Her womb is my origin and to there
I?ll return... one day.

I?m in love with her,
that girl who touches me so deeply.
She has awesome influence over the things I say and do.
Wonder if she even knows that?

She?s led me to intuition,
uncanny sometimes!
I dare not call it my own.

She is what I don?t know
and gives what I can?t touch,
but I see her.
Maybe that?s why I love her so.

Yi changes with me,
dances with me
and let's me lead.

She forms herself in my body
and guides in whisperings.

Maybe that's why I love her so.

Candid

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Lovely, love it Candid ! You remember something we can overlook - the answers we get help us - so wherever they come from they're loving us - and you're loving back ! love Louise
heart.gif

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Infact Candid your post has clarified for me what I found 'detestable' in the other thread - that is I perceived there was a denial of love in what Yi gives us - that somehow it was being described as a kind of mechanical tool that merely interpreted our own brains for us. Unfortunately I expressed this in a most unloving way ! You however have said it all most eloquently ! Thankyou Candid.

C

candid

Thanks Louise. Truly.

Love is the only word I can attach to that awesome unknowable force. It says in #1, "The Great Harmony." Love is the binding and cooperative element which keeps this whole thing glued together, it seems. Without love, there's no such thing as pure motive. What other motive can there be which keeps everything together and synchronized? That which holds together springs from love. Life itself is love made manifest.

Without the motive of love, things would drift apart and return to chaos. That would truly be a hellish state. One could not say, I am a part of the world. One could not say, I belong.

How could we not love life? How could we not see the love which has made us? How can we fail to love her in return?

19 is approaching. Her hair trains in the wind and she walks in love. She is fair and learned, knowing through time's seasonal testings - the changes we feel.

She can not stay, but passes by soon enough.

And the light she gave, I treasure,
and walk off to my cave to ponder and protect it.

Tao....

lindsay

visitor
Reaction score
Louise,

Before I die of diabetes from all the treacle in this string, I guess I"d like you to tell me exactly what you are talking about. I"m starting to get annoyed with this forum. I"m beginning to feel unwelcome here. I"m wondering what being a Friend of Clarity really means. Maybe Dharma was right.

Lindsay

C

candid

Lindsay - Why after all this time would you feel unwelcomed in ths forum? And why the hostile tones lately? I don't get it.

C

candid

And Dharma was right. If its wrong for her, there's no reason for her to stay. We each make that decision. She dished it out readily but couldn't take it when returned. That's not my fault, nor the fault of anyone here. If one thinks they are above this forum, they're free to go. And some do. I hope you're not among them.

Mine was a simple expression of heart and vision. Nothing more.

lindsay

visitor
Reaction score
What we have here, Candid, is a breakdown in communication. You say I've been hostile lately (is that really true?), but I feel a number of people have been unaccountably hostile to me. "Detestable", "denial of love in what the Yi gives us", "a kind of mechanical tool that merely interprets our own brain for us" -- this is not the kind of rhetoric I use in my Valentine's cards. Clearly Louise is referring back to that 'Yi thinking about itself' string. What is the problem here? Did I express these views? Did anyone? I don't think so.

Mostly I'm just sad and disappointed.

Lindsay

lenardthefast

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Lindsay,

If anyone deserves the 'kick the beehive' award this week, its probably me. I apologise to Hilary and the forum for being myself. That said...

I believe a good forum allows its members the freedom to accomplish their goals....in an arena of love.....and trust. My primary goal is to become a more enlightened, loving person. Had I already attained that goal, I wouldn't be Lenardthefast, I would be a Light Being, smiling down lovingly at the kids(Us). I believe this is a VERY good forum. ...and as you've no doubt noticed, I'm still Lenardthefast, with all 'his' attendant human foibles.

I believe a forum which allows its members to BE themselves...may be worth a few heated sentences. Limits....thats up to the forum members.

Lindsay, from my standpoint, I would miss you should you leave. With our different perspectives thrown in the same forge we each withdraw the alloy we need. ...and I need alloy to construct the new me.

I know when I react to external influences, I am failing on the one hand; but without the experience and its awareness, I have scant hope of changing these inferior qualities into superior ones.

Essentially, it seems to just boil down to love, trust, honesty and tolerance. "When two people love each other, when is enough, enough?...Never". (And yes it was a line from the movie "The Mexican") I won't always agree with you; I will always support your right to be heard. My take on it appears thus, if I get bored with a thread, I do something else, study, read a book, practice music. start a new thread. As creatures endowed with 'free Will' we do have choices.

I truly believe that I will become a more enlightened individual by LIVING the Yi.

Or not.....

Namaste,
Leonard

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Lindsay, please don't go!!

Denying an external source will sound mechanistic to some. Insisting on one will sound like infantile denial of personal responsibility to others.

(Long-winded aside:
To me, these things just sound different. When I was still at college, I once spent many frustrating hours trying to persuade a fiercely atheistic science student to at least acknowledge the possibility that there could be a God. I got nowhere, of course - she was from the 'infantile denial' school. But she did briefly mention the awe she felt thinking about physical laws - and walking away from the conversation in frustration, I suddenly realised that she'd been describing her apprehension of the divine, and that how this was expressed was fundamentally not my business at all. It was a slight 'road to Damascus' experience, or rather from Damascus, as it killed off my evangelical tendency for good.)

Some people get fearsomely hostile about certain views. I know this is a crushing cliche, but that doesn't mean they're hostile to the individual who may (or indeed may not) hold them. Added to which, there's no 'tone of voice' in forum posts, so it's enormously easy to hear a whole host of intentions that weren't present. And so the mutual hostility phantom strikes again - I'm hoping it will just dissolve quietly away.

Please do not feed the monster.

(And please, Lindsay, keep posting!)

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Believe it or not Lindsay none of that 'detestable' stuff was even aimed at you - more like aimed at Jung whose ideas we were discussing. But also you cannot expect to make a statement like "synchronicity is bunk" and not expect a reaction.. You express yourself strongly sometimes, why shouldn't others. I'm tired of being 'told off' by you about how I express myself.

The only point I was making above in response to Candids post was it made me think if the answers were coming from the collective unconscious, then the nature of the collective unconscious must be loving. Giving help and guidance is an expression of love is it not ? All I was saying was the answers come with love, and we (including myself)sometimes overlook that vital ingredient in our communion with Yi.

Also as has been said before we have to be so careful when writing in these posts. In the other thread I was writing as I would speak - a kind of mock exageration I would use when talking to friends. Clearly I must be more careful.

Your first post to me above was very rude - don't try to censor me.

"Dharma was right" ? What happened to Dharma, I never saw her go ?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, apart from a certain personality clash of painful memory, I think Dharma's principle reason for leaving was to concentrate her energies on developing her own writing. But probably we should close the subject before we (/I) open it, since Dharma isn't here to explain for herself.

C

candid

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised to read Louise's endearing comments regarding my ramblings on Yi's love. Certainly, she is much more than hurricane Louise. She's also loving Louise.

In all fairness, Lindsay, you have dished a fair amount of criticism Louise's way. Hillary says there is no tone of voice, that we read into that. Perhaps to some degree that's true, but I've winced a bit when reading some of the posts here lately. Maybe that's just me projecting, but I don't think so.

Strong and emotionally charged opinions express passion. I see nothing wrong with that, providing they are not indented to be an attack on another's person, character and personal beliefs. One can ?detest? a point of view without detesting the person who holds it.

Equanimity tempers these passionate opinions. But there's something to be said for "an eye for an eye" once in awhile. If one attacks, one can expect a retort in like "tone." And if one speaks with love, it should be received as such.

To always stand-by meekly isn't a noble thing. If the force of ones personality can't be felt, we truly become as passive robots. As much as I enjoy this forum, I'd renounce my membership before caving in to such oppression. But its important to recognize and respect personal limits if we're to contribute to the community as a whole. That, Lindsay, is the difference. If we merely use the community as a way of expressing our own personal views or to pontificate, we truly miss the love being spoken of here in this thread. The love which unites us. If there is no love, this is all rhetoric and nothing more. If such were the case, I certainly wouldn?t be here. But I am here and will remain.

Candid

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I love/like/respect everyone on this forum. When I start the computer, the first thing I do is see if there are new mails. I have never heard a really wrong word here. Many said things quite bluntly, but never in a harmful fashion.
Lindsay, don't go away, you are one of those whose mails I always read with pleasure. I found many good ideas in them.
I also appreciate especially all those different ways of expression. Poetic, rational, wise, unwise, candid, everything is here, a living forum.
Namaste
LiSe

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Wrote this before I read Candid's post. Forgot one thing: love, not the least one.
I am fairly certain of one thing: we all love Candid. If anyone is wise, it is unwise Candid.
LiSe

lindsay

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I apologize deeply to every member of this forum for my behavior. I have spent most of the day in meditation, and I now understand how unreasonable and selfish I have been to all of you. It is true I have been sharp, ungenerous, and confrontational. I have also been arrogant, unfeeling, and self-absorbed. Despite all this, the concern and support you have expressed puts me to shame. Please forgive me.

Perhaps any really good forum sometimes resembles a soap opera. It is not our indifference to each other that gets us into trouble, but the intensity of our engagement. It is possible to care too much.

I apologize separately and especially to Louise, Candid, and Hilary, to whom I have been very rude and deliberately hurtful. I am so sorry.

I hope everyone can put this behind them as quickly as possible, and resume the life of the forum.

Lindsay

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Lindsay

I am fairly new here, so I don't know exactly what to say. I know that when I do say things I come across as very cold and analytical, straight to the point sometimes, even when I am rambling ha ha. It's not a lack of love for anyone that makes me that way, I just get very excited about my subject sometimes, and that is the only emotion that comes across. I really do have a lot of love for people, and just don't know how to express it. The intellectual gets in the way, and I lose the emotional feeling for others in the process. That does not mean it is not there. Hopefully, we don't lose anyone in this forum, unless of course, they need to go for their own needs.

Gene

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

And especially Lindsay! Please don't take offence at my asking what you are doing on this forum. It was only said in the context of the Yi being a demonstrable example of synchronicity rather than of chance events. We all do get our fair bit of criticism once in a while but it's all in the spirit of love and a will to understand.

Speaking of love, how strange this thread has come up because just yesterday I was thinking of how the Yi gives me hex. 55 when it's trying to comfort me -- be not sad. You have all that you need right now and yet you grieve. That is the Yi speaking directly to me with love. Perhaps this too is synchronicity.

So stay.

Best for your Quest

Anita

binz

visitor
Reaction score
Lindsay,

sometimes I read the posts here and they widen my understanding of Yi. Other times I get a wider general understanding of our lives.

Occasionally, I read something that inspires me more deeply and shows me a true way. These are sometimes poems or such. But are always words that have come from an open heart.

Today was one of those days, and it was your apology post. This was a great reminder to me of the importance of accepting all sides of our own personalities. And the importance of being able to let the past stay in the past, and of living in the here and now.

Thank you for your apology, it will inspire me to more readily admit when I myself am wrong
(something that I am still uncomfortable with sometimes) and to ask forgiveness.

Lets all remember also, that when seeking forgiveness, we must sincerely forgive ourselves too.

Binz

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lindsay, you are great!
LiSe

C

candid

Glad you're hangin around, Lindsay. I for one would definately miss you.
happy.gif

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Countless cheers for Lindsay, and everyone else here! I had to go away for a day while things still felt a tad awkward here - and now look what greets me on my return!
happy.gif
(There isn't an emoticon for smiling this much!)

Before I went, thinking mainly of what I might have to do when away, by way of awkward explaining and diffusing tensions, I asked for advice. 2 changing to 16 - maybe the tied-up sack doesn't just mean the old Chinese equivalent of 'put a sock in it' - which I did plenty of - but also 'it's in the bag': all you need is there. (It was, and is.)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).