...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex #1 as a way to be the superior person?

pedro

visitor
Reaction score
I have to be honest, at first hexagrams #1 and #2 seemed quite boring, all that text, all those ambiguous terms that meant nothing, while I wanted answers, answers, QUICK gimme ANSWERS!!!!
happy.gif

But now I realise their significance better, as both of them contain the whole rest of the hexagrams, thyre the 1+2 that creates all the rest. In particular I feel that most of my life goal is to become a "superior" (ie, better) man, and #1 is sort of a manual to become that way. Wilhelm says something like each line is a step, and one has to fulfill all 6 steps to become the criative ("Because he sees with great clarity causes and effects, he completes the six steps at the right time and mounts toward heaven on them at the right time, as though on six dragons.").

Anyone knows more about this??? what are the lines REAL meaning, or the 6 steps??? Please masters, enlighten me
zen2.gif

Ive seldom received this hexagram, until recently when I got it several times, 4 or 5 times without any lines changing, which had never occurred to me even once, and two of those consecutively!! how odd is that? (side note: what strikes me as a fact for I Ching's non-probablistic behavior is my own experience that I go over phases where a specific hexagram, or group of hexagrams, keeps on popping, on different mutations; I also notice the recurrence of trigrams, say having half a dozen or so of consecutive draws with thunder below; I remember I went thru a #29 and #46 phase, a while ago, then the #59 phase which Im still in, and a #1 phase Im trying to consolidate; Im heading towards #45, but I have some #39 in my way (but to get out of #39 you just have to be #29...) ok, this starts to resemble my math homework
happy.gif

C

candid

Hi Pedro,

No master thingy here but to me 1 is the Dad. 2 is the Mom. From there are added the three sons and daughters. When I relate to the trigram images that way, every hexagram forms a relationship within the family. The order and balance of these members constitute 37.

Whether 1 is the conscious driving force or the unconscious motivator, I'm not exactly sure. I think its when the unconscious motivator becomes conscious in our mind that 1 does its thing. There's then no separation between the unconscious motivator and the mind that it indwells. The manifestation of the creative becomes received by 2, our receptive agent. We then embody the creative.

At least that's how I visualize/experience it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).