...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 55 change to hexagram 49

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I'm trying to help a friend. Her wonderful, perfect-for-her 'friend' of several years just broke it off with her. It was sudden and confusing, and she's devastated.

After I learned from Candid that I could consult the I Ching for others, I asked her permission to consult the I Ching on her behalf. She gave me permission, and I asked what is the best path to reconciliation with him for her.

I got hexagram 55, changing line six in the fifth place to hexagram 49. I'd love your thoughts on this...please. I'd love to help her.

Thanks!

Cheerio the noo,

Val

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Feng, 55, is the garrison where Wu prepared for war. And 49 is revolution, the overthrow of a dynasty for new beginnings.
I don't know if this would apply to her relation or to her own mind, but to me personally reconciliation seems not one of the Yi's options. Or it should be that changing herself could bring about a new understanding between them.
But I am usually not very good at personal advice, so maybe others have better insights.
LiSe

C

candid

Val - I'm a bit off my own tao the last couple days, but I'll try.

I'd say that its time for your friend to put her foot down. Its like, "enough is enough! Make your call and stick to it!" Its time for her to take control. Whether this means control of her life or control of what's left of the relationship, I'm not certain. This not only is inferred by 55 but by 49 as well.

I have to agree with LiSe that this doesn't appear to encourage reconciliation. But if she's actually lead to reconcile, it should be with her laying down her own laws and limitations for how it is to be reconstructed. A new government is in order for her, or them. If the relationship is to continue, she's to have a say in the relationship's construct.

"Lines are coming" indicates that there are changes coming that she has no current idea about. This should give her hope for the future as the lines are positive. She remains open to a new influence (possibly you?) and grows (prospers) as a result.

pedro

visitor
Reaction score
I think the 5th line of #55, being a weak governant, is able to listen to the advice of the friends that approach. That line in #49 shows that a person doesnt need to consult the oracle cause she already knows the answer inside. So I'd advise your friend to remain balanced, listen to the advice of those who care for her, and face the answer that deep inside she already knows.
(I have no idea if she is going to reconciliate or not, that is not answered, in my opinion)

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Val

This is kind of an interesting response. I don't have a lot of detail to add to this. However, #55 describes a situation in which the peak of attainment has been attained. It is like the "Wheel of Fortune" on the Morgan Greer Tarot deck, where the King and Queen have been riding the crest of the wave and now are on the downside spin. The advice to the superior man is, "Be not sad, be like the midday sun." How does this help? Well, it probably doesn't. But the fifth line might and I will get to that in a minute. Suffice it to say that the lines show a progressive covering of the sun in an eclipse. And the last line shows the king so isolated he sees no one. Fortunately, line 5 doesn't get that far, and in light of the setting sun, the superior man looks to the advice of his closest counselors to understand the actions necessary to prosper in a time of decline. Perhaps there is someone your friend knows who also knows the mind of her past friend? If so, perhaps they could give advice as to the reason and the feelings of the person involved. If there is any reconciliation, and I can't say for certain there is, I think it will come through third party mediation. If nothing else, friends can be there to see your friend through tough times, and to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Gene

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

My friend has been monitoring this thread, and, in fact, has joined the forum and has signed up for the beginner classes. She's very impressed with your interpretations, as am I.

She's never given it much thought before but is now sold on the I Ching as a result of your efforts.

Cheerio the noo,

Val

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Val

It is always nice to see someone gain experience in matters of superconscious information being given to the individual.

Gene

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).