...life can be translucent

Menu

48 & stuff

C

candid

I?ve lost my way lately and have asked the Ching, how do I find my way back? I got 48, The Well. After pondering and striving to return to the well all day, I feel as far as when I started to trek. So I just asked Yi again, what about this well? It seems so far from me at this time. I got 48 (again) with lines in 2, 4 and 5, changing to 62.

I?m too muddled in the brain to even interpret it. Exhausted, would be a good word. So if anyone?s inclined, I?d be much obliged.

Relevant info: Things are progressing steadily at my job. I?m gaining financial ground, which could work to improve my lifestyle. But, forestalled bankruptcy now must be dealt with after almost 5 years of denial. My mother is in hospital with seizures for the last 2 weeks. She?s on the other coast. Present living conditions are highly oppressive, but Yi continues to council making the most of it rather than getting my own place.

Searching for cool, clear, drinkable water.

lenardthefast

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid,

Amen, Bro, I can certainly relate.

The following courtesy of Master Wing:

With regard to line 2: Because you may not be using your talents and abilities in a worthwhile way, you may go unnoticed in the world. When you are not sought out, your talents will dissipate.

With regard to line 4: The time has come to pull back and reorganize your life or re-evaluate your goals. This means that you will not be taking an active part in the affairs of others. By putting YOUR life in order, however, you will be able to contribute more fully later on.(Emphasis mine)

With regard to line 5: You possess all the potential possible for insight and wisdom. Such abilities, however, must be applied to your daily life in order to continue growing and developing.

My input: I certainly agree with the statements made in line 5 with regards to YOU specifically, my friend. You have shown your incredible potential for wisdom and insight innumerable times on this forum. Your compassion and willingness to help others has been demonstrated over and over. Now it seems, it is the time for you to help yourself. You already know that when one is exhausted, there is but one cure, rest. I can relate very intimately with what you are experiencing, as, I too, feel that exhaustion. I believe it comes from events in the world today, partially. Many times I have felt "whats the use, it all seems so pointless." At those times I now sit down, relax, and just contemplate NOTHING. My take on your entire second cast is that you are feeling overwhelmed. So stop, take a breath and just take life one step at a time. In the beginning, make darn sure those are only small steps.
smile.gif

Remember bro, sometimes we just expect too much of ourselves and being fair with ourselves may be the hardest thing to accomplish. But we have to take the time to replenish our reserves of energy when they are depleted. Thats just life, God's way of letting us know we have been pushing too hard. IMHO, STOP, STEP BACK, TRY A NEW PERSPECTIVE(albeit a very small one at the beginning). I love you, bro.

Namaste,
Leonard

L

lilian

Hi Candid

Maybe I can offer an additional perspective with line 2. When the line is moved, Gen looks like an overturned cup. Of course, with this you can't pull water from the well, even if it's full of fish. To me it also symbolizes your generous presence, pouring your wisdom to everyone who needs it. Like your immediate help for me with my problem.

So turning the cup for yourself - or looking at problems topsy-turvy for once - would be the repair of the well.

I'm not sure if this is 2 cents worth.
Wishing you all the best
LiLian

C

candid

*peeks out from under the tipped over teacup* Lilian, what a cool image. I never noticed or thought of line 2 as such. Its a useful image. I can see nothing under here but the lining of the cup, no distractions. Almost like meditating. Thanks very much.

Leonard! Glad to see you've made it back to the garden! Hoping things are going well (no pun intended) for you, my friend.

Your council is wise and true. The difficulty is that knowing in my mind and being in my heart seem to be two different things. Its said, the longest mile is between head and heart. I know I should chill and put some matters on hold, but settling down is easier said then done. Anxieties press in relentlessly. That's the helpless I'm feeling in this situation; the seeming inability to relax with life in the present.

Small steps is the answer, you're absolutely right about that. Patience with others, I have. Patience with myself, I must learn.

Thank you for your supportive comments and wise council. I'll give it my best.

*lowers teacup back down and goes to work patching the holes and cracks* Hard to do. Its dark under here! Must improve my aim next time. Or maybe try a hook and line rather than arrows to catch those fish?

C

candid

This teacup idea must be working. Threw a continuence of progress question for the day and got 52 lines 1 and 6, changing to 36.

Thanks again, both of you.

lenardthefast

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid,

The Source is always there and it is never exhausted. You may always draw from it as often as you require. It is the collection of all there is, and part of it is the entire and infinitely varied totality of ALL human experience.

To connect with the Source is to return to one's Self and rest in the bosom of Mother Yin, to re-experience and remind us of the joy and love and confidence we have always at our command, waiting, gracefully sublime, for it's turn to shine forth again, in exuburant brilliance, from the depths of our soul. Fear not, my brother, the choice is always there. The ressurrection and remembrance of our greatness and humanity, the agony and despair of our anxiety and fear. ours and ours alone to welcome to our beds, invite into our heads.

I have woken weeping uncontrollably and I have woken grinning large, as the Chesire. My choice, always, silly free will, that cosmic curveball. God made us perfect, born naked, yet possessing all we require for our sojurn astride this wacky illusional mortal coil. The Dalai Lama once said, "Think of the times of worry and anxiety, and just how useless they became in retrospect. They neither comfort nor accelerate us into the Light."

They are the albatross rotting from our neck, its fetid fumes obscuring the path and the way and clouding our awareness of just how free we are to choose. The illusions of pain and defeat are integral to our awareness of joy, love and compassion, the flip side of the coin, the diametrically opposed balance and polar opposites, but the celebration of which side is always subject to OUR choice.

I empathisize with your retreat beneath the teacup, sounds just as sturdy as any fortress I ever constructed, definitely shows humor through whimsy, and humor is one of the liberators of the Light.

You are not alone, bro, my thoughts, compassion and belief in you are strong and supportive, undeterred by rumors emanating from this exhaustion. The Wheel is always spinning, both showering us with blessings and eroding our illusions of permanence.

I applaud the existance of God in the details comprising the structure of our prison as well as the limitless boundaries of our Souls. God drives the wheels, we select the destination.

This too shall pass, bro, the changes moving to and fro, always in flux, filling the empty, draining the full.

You are loved by many and that, my wise friend, is indeed a priceless treasure.

Recall your goodness and accept your exhaustion for its call to rest and replenishnent. The lilies bent to ground by the winds of change arise to welcome the dawning Sun.

Namaste,
Leonard

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid, sorry to hear things are weighing on you - I agree with everything Leonard said - echoing that, I feel perhaps you are often quite hard on yourself - if possible a little self pampering would do you some good, go easy on yourself.

Personally I have found when in the kind of frame of mind you describe, it helps to have a break from Yi, especially if you're feeling mentally exhausted. I remember you've said in the past sometimes you take a break from Yi.

Wishing you a full and clear well very soon, love Louise
hug.gif

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Also I'd like to say your last fall and rise was really inspirational to me. For a while before you moved I remember you were very down and then you moved and things really picked up. When I got really down myself about my own situation, I did often think to myself "Candid hit rock bottom and he got out - so its possible - and he did it by trusting to life, by letting go and 'letting God' in a sense". Thats why I know you're gonna come sailing out of this dark time - just like you did before.

L

lilian

Hi Candid

Are you still under there?

> *lowers teacup back down and goes to work patching the holes
> and cracks* Hard to do. Its dark under here! Must improve my
> aim next time. Or maybe try a hook and line rather than
> arrows to catch those fish?

Or even better - fish with a straight hook! Like Lu Wang, the wise hermit. When asked about his seemingliy futile endeavour, he answered: "What I'm after is not fish."

Sincerely: if you have the possibility, get yourself a few Reiki treatments. The best way for a shortcut between head and heart. (Ask me how I know...)

All the best
LiLian

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Candid,

Winter before last, I was congratulating myself on coping pretty well with winter depression, when suddenly other things went very wrong. No way did I have the emotional resources to cope. I asked the original divination question:
'Help!!'
and received #48.

I found myself visualising the well at once - very deep, dark, muddy, and with just a glint of light on the water that is always there, at the very bottom. After all, you get to the well via 47.

Before you start worrying about pitchers and well-ropes, it's good to know that the water hasn't gone away. Probably that's why you received 48 alone, first.

Hope this is of some help, as a background to everyone's excellent suggestions for well maintenance.

C

candid

Hi Hilary,

Emotional resources - bingo! That really puts the finger on it, doesn't it? All the logic and reasoning is still there, but somehow on the emotional side of things, it seems to have dried up. Anger replaces joy, fear replaces courage, restless uncertainty replaces quiet confidence.

Louise - You sweet thing! Be assured, this is nothing compared the go-round I had a few months back. That was a life and death struggle for existence. The turn around was nothing short of revolutionary. I mean just about everything changed. It was beyond reformation. This is just wandering off the path somewhere and suddenly realizing, hey, I'm lost. This isn't the me I know and like. Its not the me some others know and like either. I MUST be lost! When someone doesn't recognize themselves, they need help. I concluded the only thing standing in the way of getting that help was, being too proud to admit it, and then not asking for it.

When we hurt our hand real bad, we don't hold it in the air by itself. We immediately grasp the aching hand and hold it tight to our body. Maybe that's the Well Yi spoke of. At least that's the Well I see.. here.

Leonard - Seems we've had this conversation once before. *grins* Ya know what? All our philosophy and synchronicity contained in the lessons of ages still holds no candle to love. In the end, we either have it or we don't. Doesn't matter what one's political or religious persuasion has been. Doesn't matter how much you've acquired in "r/t" stuff. I think we move ahead because we have learned here to move ahead... no matter what.

Being embraced and embracing "Mother Yin" is probably the scariest thing I've done. It means letting go of everything else and clinging only to her. Fire clings to earth. I'll remind you - you remind me, cuz sometimes we're both to thick headed to see it.

Small things accumulate, often in our complete unawareness.

Today I drove out into the high plains to call on a prospect. Unknowingly, I drove up the wrong dusty trail. I got out of the truck and knocked on the door - no answer. I figured the prospect was running a little late and so I began measuring the outside of the small house. As I walked to the back, I saw an old lady sitting with her back toward me, doing something. I approached cautiously so as not to alarm her. She was feeding brand new kid goats from their mother. I spoke to her, she startled some. She told me where the prospect's house was located, and then we talked about raising goats awhile. It was.. how can I describe it ..... an awakening. That little kid couldn't even stand on its wobbly legs yet, but he knew where to be fed. The old lady's concentration never slackened on the most important thing in her world - feeding that infant kid. An awakening. Fantastic.

Thanks.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of you.
Wandering over to the well every hour or so, and sitting there for a while.
Just hoping you will find the water again, down there.
LiSe

C

candid

I'm told there is water down there. Had it before so I know its true. Everything changes but not the well. Guess I'll change too, molt from this cacoon. It won't come too soon because this alone feeling feels like hell. Am I the only one feeling this way or just the only one who will tell?

lenardthefast

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid,

My friend you are NOT the only one! I am right there beside you. I feel EXACTLY the same way that you do. Believe me, this is not rocking horse poo, but the straight deal. I deal with one thing at a time. Because I can't even think of more than that at times(most times).

So, chin up Bro, you are definitely NOT alone.

Namaste,
Leonard
hug.gif

C

candid

Leonard,

I'm wondering what 'underground' affects the war has on us emotionally. Not getting into whether its right or wrong, just the accumulative affects. I believe you referred to that earlier. Those who are empathic especially would feel the vibes of it. The whole Universe must feel the vibes of it. The loss of human lives at the hands of other human lives. Makes no sense, except on some human survival level. Its enough to make someone want to transcend it all. As uncompassionate as it sounds, leaving the affairs of the world behind is also survival. But what about the rest of humanity? Where does one draw the line between loyalty and disinterestedness?

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Don't try to haul up more than your soul can contain - it might break.
Don't try to fetch deeper than your understanding can reach - it might fall short.
Your feelings and mind are made for human things, close by, for your life. Not for wars and global matters.
Think and feel about them, but be careful, stay close to yourself. Do not give them your life.
LiSe

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Candid and Leonard...

I don't have the wisdom to offer to this thread that the others who have posted here do. All I really have to offer is the love and admiration and appreciation I have for you both.

You seem to understand that it's one small step at a time...for now. I just hope the love that the people in the forum feel for you will lift you up and make those steps at least a little lighter and easier.

Sincerely,

Val

elisabete

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Candid and Leonard?.Dear all

I also don?t have the wisdom to talk to you about #48.
I can share with you many moments of loneliness and no water?.
I live in Asia (Macao) for the past 8 years all my family and friends live in Portugal. I work and live surrounded by other cultures and habits and way of thinking totally different from mine?
Sometimes I feel so sad?. Just wanting to go back to my family and friends?
I have an amazing husband and baby and I just want to share them with my loved ones and makes me sad staying here alone and not sharing my son?s first words with them?
Then?I pray and I trust and I open my heart to God and I find Clarity and Hilary and all of you?.
My life is changing I am looking to the bright side and I know that staying here for a couple of years I can provide and save for our future..
My parents, family, and some friends are coming. I will go there, and I smile, everyday I pray, and everyday I visit Clarity and I love to read you Candid.
Thank you.
God Bless

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Lillian,

I agree with you about the reiki. I too believe it's a great and magnificent energy and have done some miraculous healings with it. However, today, the energy I have found in my spiritual path and through the specific style of prayer has transcended even the power of reiki! I now use reiki more for others than for myself.

Candid, as we know, survival is about waiting for the right time to act according to the Yi and to common sense too. you have a lovely hexagram in 48. It's there if you can only see it and use it.

I could feel very alone myself you know, but I don't because I have this divine family -- the people in the Temple who are unlike anyone else I know. I see them every day and learn from them every day. It would help a lot if you had true friends wherever you are. You are never alone among friends. And here on Clarity you have so many.

Best for your Quest

Anita
Best for your Quest

Anita

Last edited by a moderator:
C

candid

LiSe , how do I say this and not sound flattering? Maybe I'll just say that your wise words and human compassion have helped me to see what's "really" going on inside. It seems there's two pitfalls. One is becoming absorbed by what's outside, wars, relationships and such. The other is becoming absorbed by what's inside, preoccupation with self.

Wandering, wandering through the day, carefully walking along the way. Demons in canyons fear the light. Angels on hilltops sing in the night.

Val and Lilian, thank you for your kindness and support.
happy.gif

Anita - You're right of course. 48 is a beautiful image. And, waiting for the right time to act is also great advise. This will pass, as all things do, and in fact I believe it is passing gradually. The superstructure of the well, I see. The water, I think is me. If not, than who or what?

Saturday morning I fired up my old computer and it sounded like it was taking off with an awful sound. It got worse as the day wore on and was even worse yesterday. So I decided to incorporate something I've learned from women I've known, in dealing with down times - shopping therapy! I bought a refurbished 'new' machine from Dell yesterday. Its not cutting edge but its generations ahead of what I've been used to. Granted, this therapy doesn't go all the way down to meet mankind's deepest needs, but it was a nice thing to do for myself. Its evidence of the progress I've made over the last few months. Sometimes I think all we need is to see progress in our lives to be reminded that we have changed and are changing. But also, to be careful not to change what is our essential nature: water.

Its early. I'm rambling. And I'm looking forward to something. Now what useful thing to do with 60 gigs of hard drive space?

Leonard - Hang in there, friend. Good things do happen ? and will. Like Anita said, waiting for the right time.

Candid

pedro

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Candid, Im rushing here, and not really gonna offer some advice. I just wanna stress a point.

Some people are like wells, in the sense they have the water inside (wisdom? truth? maybe just a will to help), and they want people to come to them to drink their water.

Its a need to end satisfy the thirst of others, whatever kind that thirst is, and I find this most valuable.

But the best wells are worth nothing if no one drinks from them. Thats what all lines say, they make a progression from a dirty old well in the 1st, going through cleaning and preparation phases, until its ready to be drank from in the 5th (although it still isnt, thats why they omit the favorable remark). Only the 6th line actually shows the well actually being used, and that is the line we should all work to reach.

So the basic point is: the water must be drunk, otherwise its just good intentions.

Now, I dont know how this relates to your present matter, only that if you cant sort it out yourself you probably need a rest. But what I meant to say to you, and what seems indeed obvious, is that YOU are one of those persons. I can tell by your words and the help you've been offering here, that you are a genuine well, full of water to share with others, and that is what should matter to you.

So, if you got up to the 5th line, the most difficult part has been done, your waters are clear, ready to be shared.

And indeed, Im sure they will
happy.gif

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).