...life can be translucent

Menu

Relationship

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not an English speaker. 3 months ago my boy-friend began to treat me in a cold way. I consulted the I Ching:

Hx 35, the first 3 lines are changing, => the result Hx 14

The lines were representing my situation, but

two weeks after he leaved me.

But the I Ching predicted me a "happy end".

Or was I misunderstanding the I ching?

Thank you for an explanation

parasio

frandoch

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Parasio,

The reading was good. You will still get your 'happy end', but maybe not with that man.

The I Ching leads us to what we need, not necessarily what we think we want.

Be gentle and modest, and good fortune will be yours.

Michael F.

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

thank you for your answer!

Is there an expiry date for the reading?
Since 3 months I'm in a condition of restraint. Everything is blocked up. I see no development or changing. And why it may concern another man, when I ask especially for my ex-boyfriend.

Thanks

Angelika

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Angelika,

Your reading (from 3 months ago if I understand correctly) might be no longer valid.
It's hard to know for sure.
In any case, your situation has apparently changed considerably since then. So perhaps you would like to ask again. Especially about the blocked feeling that you experience.

Good luck,

Martin

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Angelika

I am not going to be quite so positive about this reading as the others. Line 1 and 2 are both blocked, they cannot progress. Only line three can progress, but line three is often in the place of at least some minor danger. In line 3, some misunderstandings are cleared up, but whether that will lead to a renewal of the relationship, I don't know. Another reading may be necessary for that. The first two lines tell us that although the way is blocked, the best thing to do is go on doing what is right. There is not a lot of promise here, unless you can overcome the misunderstandings. I don't know whether you are still in contact with him or not. In this line, only the second line is central and correct, and it has no correspondence with the fifth, so it is not a hexagram that necessarily promises a good match, although the hexagram as a whole is positive.

Gene

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Gene,

in my German I Ching there is a commentary to the second line:

"Six in the second place means:
Progressing, but in sorrow.
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Then one obtains great happiness from one's ancestress.
Progress is halted; an individual is kept from getting in touch with the man in authority with whom he has a connection. When this happens, he must remain persevering, although he is grieved; then with a maternal gentleness the man in question will bestow great happiness on him. This happiness comes to him-and is well deserved-because in this case mutual attraction does not rest on selfish or partisan motives but on firm and correct principles. "

I understand that the blocked progress will be restarted, because "the man in question will bestow great happiness on him".

Angelika

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Angelika

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but in many translations, the term man is used indiscriminately to mean male or female. The second line is related by correspondence to the fifth. Here the fifth is a yin line, so the two lines do not correspond properly. They are both female. That is why it says "great happiness from one's ancestress," rather than ancestor. The fifth line normally refers to the ruler. Here instead of being a king, it is a queen. I do not believe that the happiness comes from your boyfriend, although there is some possibility of that if the "misunderstandings" in line 3 are resolved. I think the happiness is support that comes from friends and loved ones. I could be wrong though.

Gene

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Gene,

thank you for your patience with me.
Maybe your are right with your interpretation, especially with the third line. Because, I suspect that there is a great misunderstanding between my ex-boyfriend and me. I'm German (now living in Italy) and he is Italian. I have always shared flats or houses with my friends. The so called alternative way of life in Germany. Italians are very conservative and very jealous. They don't know this way of life. All problems started when a German friend come to visit me for a week in Italy. I have casted the I Ching when I noticed that something was going wrong.
But what means the changing from hex 35 to hex 14.

Angelika

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Angelika

hexagram 14 might indicate that the potential is still there if you can overcome the misunderstanding. Do you still have access to talk to him? Maybe an honest talk with him about your feelings, maybe it will make a difference. Some people may be so conservative that no amount of talking will make a difference, but maybe he isn't that way. #14 gives me the feeling that honesty and modesty might win the day.

Let's hope
Gene

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Gene,

thank you. I've just tried to contact him. I called him 6-7 weeks ago to help me with my computer and he was very kindly etc. Then I went for 1 week in Germany, at my return I called him and he didn't want to speak with me. Without any explanation! Four weeks ago I wrote a letter where I talked about my feelings in the way you've above suggested: honesty and modesty.
But there was any response!

Angelika

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).