...life can be translucent

Menu

50.1.2.3.4 vs. 40.2.16

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi-

I am working now but feel I'm not using my potential. I am somewhat frustrated at my current job, so I've been looking at other options.

I've got two job leads. I asked about the first - "What would happen if I proceded toward "job x"?" and received 50.1.2.3.4. Then I asked about proceding toward "job y" and received 40.1>16.

I'm thinking that the reading about "job x" indicates that I'll find myself in over my head and not be able to do the job adequately (.4) This would be a bigger job than I've ever tried to get or do - although I've lots of related experience.

"Job y" is a smaller step up for me, is within my present company, and does utilize much more of my past experience than job x would do. Looks like I have some work to do there too, to prepare myself.

Comments please?

Rinda

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like job x would require major inner changes. But I wonder if it is only about you (partly, probably) or also about .. clients perhaps, that go through a difficult healing process?
I remember that your work is in the area of psychotherapy. Is the choice between job x and y basically a choice between "heavier" (deeper, longer) and "lighter" therapy? Hexagram 40 feels light (and short).

Just a guess, perhaps I'm way off, but I associate 50 with healing and the lines that you got seem to describe stages of a deep therapeutic process. The client is hostile in line 2, the process stagnates in line 3 and in line 1 and 4 he/she throws all the bad stuff out, usually not a pretty sight. Or sound. :)

If hexagram 50 indeed refers to such a healing process it perhaps doesn't mean that job x is too difficult for you, "over your head" as you say. Not that it will be easy ...

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That's an interesting way to see it, Martin - thank you! ...and thank you for remembering!

When I moved here to make my home with my new husband, I took a job as an activities coordinator on a small acute care dementia unit (9 beds). Nursing facilities send people to us when they have behavio(u)r problems - typically behavio(u)rs that are aggressive or intrusive in some way. I've been in that position for a little over a year now. Typically folks in this kind of position have 3 weeks training, and for this setting, probably some good experience. I have more education and a much wider work history in the field of mental health, but I wanted work.

Job x involves being an Activity Director at a brand-new posh long term care facility (nursing home). The parent company has a wonderful track record. I'd be setting up the recreation therapy program for those with cognitive deficits, and would also be in charge of making sure there were fun things to do for those with physical rather than mental limitations. I'm trained for this, and have experience with the dementia clients, but not with "the regular folks". I'd also have one or two assistants to help with the hands-on activities, and would be their supervisor. I've supervised volunteers and patients, but not regular employees. These clients would be there long-term, and I would get to participate in helping with healing, (or stabilization) whether physical or mental - or as is usually the case, some combination of the two... :) . I know two others who are going to be working there, and one of them called today to ask me to put in an application. This would be a salaried position at a start-up facility, and would probably require many long work days, especially at first.

Job y, on the other hand, is assessment - a generally one-shot session in person for adults who are needing psych or substance abuse services. Or it may be done over the phone if it's a nursing facility wanting hospitalization for one of their dementia folks who might then be referred to the acute care setting where I work at present. It also involves a bunch of paperwork, and knowledge of community resources. I've been training there for an "as needed" position, with the hope of being there when a position with regular hours opens up. I really like the people who work there, and would perhaps have more control over how many hours I work.

As I write out these descriptions, your comments ring true. Job x might also entail some deep healing for me, should I manage to be successful with it...

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rinda,
Actually 40.1 changes to 54. If it did change to 16, it would have been 40.2.

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
Just noticed that you put 40.2 in the title.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
yes, ewald, - sorry about the typo...

I had an interview a couple of hours ago for job x. I left with some mixed feelings, though with generally a good impression of the place and people that are there. I asked Yi "How do I feel about this?" (a question I would not have thought about asking just a few days ago, but saw the suggestion on one of the threads here yesterday).

The response was appropriate- 38.4.6>19 !!

Rinda

S

seeker

38.6 talks of putting the hostility aside, the people approaching are not outlaws. Do you think that indicates your concerns are unfounded or maybe that things will work out regardless???

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
yes, I think so. No word yet from the interview, but that's a different question...

Rinda

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).