...life can be translucent

Menu

1 changing to 55

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted, as I don't like to tap into everyone knowledge unless I have an important question.

My question is a little embarassing. I asked about my girlfriend, and whether or not she would marry me. I don't intend to ask her now, but I thought it would be a good idea to judge our future direction together, etc. The answer I received was Hex 1:2,5,6 changing to 55.

I understand 55 and how abundance can be short lived. But "Heaven leading to Abundance"? I am not certain how to interpret Hex 1 wrt to relationships, love, etc.

Can anyone shed any light on this and the potential between my girlfriend and I?

Many thanks in advance!

Don

sylvie

visitor
Reaction score
Hmm. In general, it's not a great idea to ask the Yi yes or no questions, because it doesn't really give yes or no answers. It gives images, things to open your mind to new possibilities and ideas, things to mull over and let grow. Yes or no questions don't give a lot of room for that.

But, we could take your question as something like, "Give me a picture of the marriage possibilities for us." In that case, it seems to me that this is a pretty positive reading, with some cautionary notes. Two of the lines mention seeing great people -- a counselor or therapist comes to mind. You might think of doing that before you have problems. The top line warns against being overbearing, trying to impose your will rather than moving with the tides. Abundance as a relating line seems lovely to me.

B

bruce_g

Sylvie, fwiw, I really like your interpretation and style. :bows:

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
thanks

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you very much for your interpretation. I agree, Yes/No questions are not the best. I will try to change my future questioning.

Again, many thanks!

Don

H

hmesker

Hi Don,

I wonder what you would do with the answer of the Yi. If the Yi explicitly said yes, would it change the way you approach your girlfriend? If the Yi explicitly said no, would it change the way you approach your girlfriend? Either way, I don't think an answer to such a question really changes anything or solves matters. And, since circumstances are subject to change, I wonder if such an answer has any value.

Having said that, there is also good news: for a male who asks the Yi about marriage prospects hexagram 1, the male principle, is extremely positive; even 3 moving lines can not really change that. But the second line asks you to make your intentions known - now would be a good time to bend one knee. If you feel uncertain about this, consult someone who has been there before. The fifth and sixth line belong to the realm of Heaven; having these as moving lines in the hexagram of Heaven is positive. But the sixth line also says to keep your expectations moderate - act with tact and thought.

Harmen.

Last edited:

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Harmen,

Thank you for your insight. It is interesting that the moving lines in hexagram 1 recommend to "act" (line 2) but to keep my expectations moderate (line 6). But the one thing that leaps at me is that I should consult with an expert. And I plan to do that.

Thanks again!

Don

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your input everyone! I guess I have consulted with experts. I'll let you know how things go!

All the best to all,

Don

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).