...life can be translucent

Menu

Changing lines 4 + 6 in Hex 50. Opposing?

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I posed the question “What effect would it have on my finances if I bought my current apartment?” to the I-ching and would like some help interpreting its answer.

I received the following:

Hex 50 the Cauldron
Changing lines 4 and 6

Then
Hex. 46 Pushing Upward

My confusion lies in the meaning of the changing lines, as line 4 and 6 seem mutually opposing. The Cauldron’s overall image seems a positive one (I should buy, I would be okay buying) and line 6 is very positive, but changing line 4 concerns me. Does that just mean I may be temporary setback by the purchase? Or that the place will fall apart? (I already know it needs renovation but I may not have the money to renovate if I purchase). This is a huge decision for me and one that will have serious ramifications in a number of ways if I go through with it. I was hoping the wisdom of the Yi would reveal something to me. I'm 85% sure I am ready to purchase, but haven't done it yet.

Here are the descriptions:
50. Ting / The Caldron

above Li The Clinging, Flame

below Sun The Gentle, Wind

The Judgement
The Caldron. Supreme good fortune.
Success.

The Image
Fire over wood:
The image of The Caldron.
Thus the superior man consolidates his fate
By making his position correct.

The Lines
Change in the fourth place means:
The legs of the ting are broken.
The prince's meal is spilled
And his person is soiled.
Misfortune.

Change at the top means:
The ting has rings of jade.
Great good fortune.
Nothing that would not act to further.

++

46. Shêng / Pushing Upward

above K'un The Receptive, Earth

The Judgement
Pushing upward has supreme success.
One must see the great man.
Fear not.
Departure toward the south
Brings good fortune.

the Image
Within the earth, wood grows:
The image of Pushing Upward.
Thus the superior man of devoted character
Heaps up small things
In order to achieve something high and great.

-Elizabeth

philippa

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Elizabeth,

Have you considered looking at the overall relationship between the two hexagrams before diving into the specific lines? Here's my take.

You asked: "What effect would it have on my finances if I bought my current apartment?"

50 The Cauldron has a connotation of transformation. So your finances will be transformed. The question is how. 46 is Sheng or pushing upward, the tree (xun as the lower hexagram) tries to push upwards above the ground (earth as the upper hexagram). This sounds like hard work to me.

My take on the individual lines doesn't differ much from yours. As you've pointed out, 50.4 might be referring to possible renovations or repairs (note the related fan yao 18.4). 50.4 speaks of cutting off the support (the leg of the cauldron). Whatever the problem is, it sounds like a huge burden to me.

50.6 leads to 32. It may simply mean that by purchasing the place, you have something (i.e., the apartment) enduring. (Well, once you purchase it, it's yours, after all.)

My guess is there'll be hard work that comes with the purchase. The question to ask yourself is if you're ready to deal. Do you think you might've underestimated certain issues?

Whether you're going ahead or not, I wish you lots of luck!

Philippa

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like Phillipas take on this, not something I'd have thought of. The only other thing comes to my mind is how the purchase of the house will affect finances is something that to a great extent can be predicted, logically figured out, planned etc so its not so much a mystery as something that just requires careful thought. 50.4 may just indicate some carelessness in planning, overloooking things which later cause a problem. I wouldn't take 50.4 as a prediction things 'will' go wrong but as a warning to go over again all that is involved, to make provision for something that could be costly. 50,4 gives the image of perhaps squandering a resource that is available, wasting it. Also perhaps theres a hint there for seeking advice, using all the help thats available to you, don't be afraid to call on advisors (46).

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What I meant to imply was I would not let that reading put you off buying, just think through all the concrete practical issues one more time with a fine tooth comb. If something worries you about the renovation etc don't push it to the back of your mind get more advice. Good luck !

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone who replied. I'm living in a foreign country, so there are tax and residency requirements in order for me to sell (but not to buy, how is that not surprising!) if I do purchase this apartment. I do not know all the details of the renovations involved, only that if I buy, I would want to make some cosmetic changes and that (I know already) will be a headache timewise at least.

The trouble is, given my situation, there is no one I can turn to for advice. I have to do all the legwork on my own (as usual!!) and this is what is scary. I know no one in my situation, and since I'm a foreigner in this country, immediately the pricing strategy is raised for my sadly low income.

I have another option (not sure i can afford) to purchase a newer place. It would be smaller, I haven't seen it yet, and am not sure I would like it, but it would not require any work. So I may query the Yi about that place as well.

Again thanks!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Elizabeth,
I know you are asking a question about your finances but I get the impression that you were actually thinking of another question at the time. If you were asking is it a good idea to purchase the apartment, then I think the answer fits much better.

Hex 46 ascending step by step, slowly achieving your goal, buying this apartment will bring many rewards. This place will be your home where you can relax, be happy and feel secure. It can also make a good investment. Ask people for help and advice, they will give it to you. Do not rush, sort out all the paper work in advance, again take it slowly. The I-Ching says go for it, so financially you will be able to pay for it. I suspect someone in a position of authority will sort things out for you.

Last edited:

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hello again,
Nice to have your help on this thread as well :). As it turns out I no longer have a choice of old/new apartments..the current question is do I buy the one that needs renovation (if the price hasn't risen even more) or do I not buy. I personally would like to purchase as this relates to setting up my life (as you know from the other thread) and seems like it makes logical sense at this point.

It is good to know the Yi supports that too (purchase)...I am hoping to start the process in September.

Cheers,
E.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
In thinking more about this purchase, (and looking again at this last answer from the Yi) I realized I had another issue on my mind. Is buying in general the right thing for me to do at this point? So I asked the Yi what the long term and short term ramifications of purchasing this apartment would be.

What are the short term ramifications of buying the apartment?
Hex23, Splitting Apart, with changing line 6 --> Hex2 Receptive.

Details are:
Hex 23 Splitting Apart:
The Judgement
Splitting Apart. It does not further one
To go anywhere.

The Image
The mountain rests upon the earth:
The image of Splitting Apart.
Thus those above can insure their position
Only by giving generously to those below.

Changing Line Six: There is a large fruit still uneaten.
The superior man receives a carriage.
The house of the inferior man is split apart.

Hex2: Receptive
The Judgement: The Receptive brings about sublime success,
Furthering through the perseverance of a mare.
If the superior man undertakes something and tries to lead,
He goes astray;
But if he follows, he finds guidance.
It is favorable to find friends in the west and south,
To forego friends in the east and north.
Quiet perseverance brings good fortune.

The Image
The earth's condition is receptive devotion.
Thus the superior man who has breadth of character
Carries the outer world.

++ There seems to be some sort of red flag in the changing line 6. As if I have not considered something or there is something yet to be done before I buy. Does anyone have different interpretations for that?

For the long term ramifications the results were more positive. I think (?).
I received Hex 34 Coming to Meet, with changing lines 2,3,5 and 6 --> Hex 16. Enthusiasm.

hex 34 Coming to Meet
Coming to Meet. The maiden is powerful.
One should not marry such a maiden.

The Image
Under heaven, wind:
The image of Coming to Meet.
Thus does the prince act when disseminating his commands
And proclaiming them to the four quarters of heaven.

The Lines
Change in the second place means:
There is a fish in the tank. No blame.
Does not further guests.

Change in the third place means:
There is no skin on his thighs,
And walking comes hard.
If one is mindful of the danger,
No great mistake is made.

Change in the fifth place means:
A melon covered with willow leaves.
Hidden lines.
Then it drops down to one from heaven.

Change at the top means:
He comes to meet with his horns.
Humiliation. No blame.

++ I assume this means longterm I would be better off owning property (surprise surprise--isnt everyone?)
SO the issue concerns only the short term. As I have trouble interpreting those lines (and I know someone said to look only at the changing lines in a case like this), if any one can help interpret, I would be most grateful.

-Elizabeth.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Elizabeth,

Hex 23.6 the bad times are coming to an end and new hope is coming. "When the largest fruit remains uneaten", the fruit is ripe, eat it, in other words buy the apartment. "Receives a carriage", means to receive an important and expensive item, the apartment.
Hex 2 suggests that you follow other peoples advice and take their guidance into consideration. Sublime success and profit is what will happen if you purchase the apartment.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Wow! That's the most positive news/response I've had in a long time!
In thinking of this (and the other things going on in my life now) it does seem as if its not only the right time, but the right thing to do. Here's to hoping the prices don't rise considerably before I can purchase! :) Thanks, Willowfox. You're super :)

J

jesed

Hi Elizabeth

Just in case the comment could be useful

I would suggest you another aproach

1.- What is your judgment about buying my apartment?

Only if the answer is positive to that intention, made the 2nd question:
2.- When is the best time to buy my apartment?

If you want to do this questions, and post them here, I would like to ask you the date when you did the questions (day and month).

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed,
I like that idea and just asked the Yi the first question. The local time is 9pm on Monday Sept. 11 for me. The Yi told me:

Hex 57 The Penetrating Wind with changing lines 3 and 5 --> hex4 youthful folly...

I suppose with Hex 4 we cannot consider the first hex? But for the record...

57. Sun / The Gentle (The Penetrating, Wind)
above Sun The Gentle, Wind

The Judgement
The Gentle. Success through what is small.
It furthers one to have somewhere to go.
It furthers one to see the great man.

The Image
Winds following one upon the other:
The image of the Gently Penetrating.
Thus the superior man
Spreads his commands abroad
And carries out his undertakings.

Change in the third place means:
Repeated penetration. Humiliation.

Change in the fifth place means:
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Remorse vanishes.
Nothing that does not further.
No beginning, but an end.
Before the change, three days.
After the change, three days.
Good fortune.

So if Hex 4 means this is not a serious or positive response then I will go no further...

J

jesed

Hi Elizabeth

For this first one, I'll use traditional method

1.- Taking in mind just the names of the hexagrams. Reflection to avoid inexperience (precipitation)

2.- The judgement talks about good fortune. But this good fortune requieres:
a) not mayor enterprises/energy, but "what is small"
b) have somewhere to go (have a goal)
c) have expert advise (see the great man)

So, this is not a bad answer... just a warning: if you face this intention with an actitud of reflection that avoid precipitation, that would be ok.

2.- The image suggest you, in order to achive that goal (somewhere to go) constancy, propper preparation before taking action, and use the time in your favor

3.- The line 3 advices you: reflection is good (the core theme of 57). But too much leads to stagnation. Reflect and then decide and act. Don't think too much.

4.- Line 5 is good one: a renewal of the situation. Perseverance brings things to a good end. But, again, reflection before act (before the change 3 days) and caution after act.

5.- In the way I understand the relation primary/related hexagrams; (when not calendaric calculations are involved, that is another tool); the related hexagram is a tendency to reach or to avoid. In this case, a tendency to avoid (precipitation). Of course, you can find in this forum other aproaches from very experienced people (the related hexagram as a background)

From here, I would say: This idea would be good, if you take a serious reflection about it (points in favor, points against, requierements..etc), and find expert advice (a real state advicer? or a finantial advicer?) that helps you to avoid acting with inexperience or imprudence.

Not a bad idea.. just think well the way to concrete it; and then act.

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hi again,

So a very unexpected turn of events. After all of my research and planning, on Sunday my landlady announced that her daughter would be returning from abroad to live with her husband (who doesn't speak the local language) and their new child, come December, to live in the apartment I"ve been renting for the past 2.5 yrs. Thus not only can I not buy (they are not willing to sell at this time or in the future according to her) but I have to find another place to rent short term and am still interested in buying long term.

I don't know if any of the Yi readings on this thread previously had alluded to such an outcome but I wanted to update Jesed and the others who had been so helpful.

At this point I am wondering how to proceed because the best option in terms of a purchase is the place I'm now required to leave. Brief research into "other options" reveals basically prices above my range for apartments that would require complete internal gutting and renovation (more money and time I dont have). I'm searching nonetheless for something that would be move-in-able in the state it is in but the real estate in my current city all around is like this (unless you have LOTS of cash, which i dont).

My sister had suggested this was a sign to me. But my gut feeling was that it was only a bump in the road and a sign to persevere further.

If anyone has suggestions about how to ask the Yi about the current "search to buy", I am all ears. Part of me thinks I wont ever be able to ...but I really want to stop this cycle of rental nightmares.

-e

J

jesed

Hi Elizabeth

Sorry the news.

"I don't know if any of the Yi readings on this thread previously had alluded to such an outcome "

About the readings, I can figure out some explanation (based on line 57.3), but I guess is better not to go that path, because could be just a way to justify after knowing the outcome.

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Jesed, for both the reply and the sympathy.

Well I want to ask the Yi if my new apartment search will be fruitful but by that I mean:
1) will i find something i like
2) if so will i be able to afford it

Maybe its pointless to ask bc basically i'm wanting to know the future. But I really had no idea that all of this would happen as it has, and maybe there is some other question I can ask the Yi to let me know of the apparent additional holes ahead so that i dont step into any.

J

jesed

Hi Elizabeth

You could try this question:
"Under what Time is my wish to buy an apartment?"

Time here has the connotation of an hexagram as a conjuction/interchange of: subjective situation, objective situation, calendaric reference and advice to achieve your goal.

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed,
Thanks for the quick reply. I posed the question just as you phrased it and I got an interesting result.
Hex 6.6 --> Hex 47. Details are below. By the way, I'm located 3 hrs east of Greenwich Mean Time and when I asked the current time is 11:36pm.

6. Sung / Conflict
above Ch'ien The Creative, Heaven
below K'an The Abysmal, Water

The Judgement
Conflict. You are sincere
And are being obstructed.
A cautious halt halfway brings good fortune.
Going through to the end brings misfortune.
It furthers one to see the great man.
It does not further one to cross the great water.

The Image
Heaven and water go their opposite ways:
The image of Conflict.
Thus in all his transactions the superior man
Carefully considers the beginning.

Change at the top means:
Even if by chance a leather belt is bestowed on one,
By the end of morning
It will have been snatched away three times.

and

47. K'un / Oppression (Exhaustion)
above Tui The Joyous, Lake
below K'an The Abysmal, Water

The Judgement
Oppression. Success. Perseverance.
The great man brings about good fortune.
No blame.
When one has something to say,
It is not believed.

The Image
There is no water in the lake:
The image of Exhaustion.
Thus the superior man stakes his life
On following his will.

Thoughts?

Interestingly, I found some useful interpretations of 6.6 here:
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=3309&page=7

In one of them light of reason suggests that "6.6 : with/from compromising comes enclosing (forced, willingly or unwillingly)."

Part of her analogy: "enclosure is expressed in compromise through pruning, housekeeping, cutting things back to basics, removing all of the chaff (and so those belts!). 47 covers enclosure as a use of forcing a tree's roots to go deep and so integrate with the context. In 06 that integration is described by analogy to 23 where keeping it 'simple' and 'basic', stick to the essentials, is the way to go."

While that may or may not pertain to my situation, it seems to me to apply in a few ways. Sticking to the essentials/keeping it simple and basic is kind of how I see buying a house, although that sounds backwards I realize. Pruning, housekeeping..well buying an apartment is not only keeping house, it is creating a home, a place where I can stay without being kicked out by a landlord or having the rent raised or whatever. "Going deep"/rooting makes sense here too bc that is what i'd be doing. But whether the Yi in my case is saying this is GOOD or BAD, i'm not clear on that. (ie positive results will come versus negative).

Regarding 47, not sure what to make of it. But I found this written by void
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=522
which seems to apply:

"Hi when i get this hexagram I've found it is most likley about a depressed attitude being no help to me or even hindering. Line 1 especially I take as 'c'mon shake a leg' lol. It says how important it is to keep your spirits up when everything seems against you - sitting there weeping with eyes cast down you don't see anything, not even new opportunities when they come, which may require some action (sacrifice) in lines 2 and 5. Its a time to try to rise above melancholy and self pity, this takes strength of character as the text says. Line 6 says alot of the trapped feeling is of your own making, you only have to look up and look out to be free.
Making speeches doesn't help, changing your attitude does. "

-e.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the quick reply. I posed the question just as you phrased it and I got an interesting result.
Hex 6.6 --> Hex 47. Details are below. By the way, I'm located 3 hrs east of Greenwich Mean Time and when I asked the current time is 11:36pm.

hex 6.6 says in the short term you will suffer many setbacks in your search for a new place to stay.

hex 47 says finding a new apartment will be very tiresome but if you remain confident, then you will find another place. This is about not giving up, even though the search will be very frustrating some days. It is up to you to sort the problem out, because you know what you want and what you like. There is no real point in talking to much about this, it is more an issue of getting out and looking.

I think that you will find another place, thats not too bad, in about 5 weeks time, probably around the third week of October.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks willowfox. Only...the question I asked was about finding a new apartment to PURCHASE not the short term one to rent... (two separate issues). Purchasing an apartment can take up to 3 months in my location.

J

jesed

Dear Elizabeth

Just in case the comment could be useful

Since the question was about a dignosis of your intention (to buy an appartment), I'll understand it with traditional perspective.

Hex 6
Subjective situation: Anxiety, impulsivity in the thoughts; attached to your own ideas in the external action. That leads to conflictivity; not only conflict with others, but rather an conflictive inner state of mind about this issue
Objective situation: Obstacles, dificulties, legal matters.
Caldendaric references: hex 6 is in the present. Started in Water (between June 17 and July 31, 2006) and would rule until Heaven (between May 1st and June 16, 2007)

The image advices to think better before start any new business.

The tendential hexagram is 47... to be exhausted. This conflictive state of mind could lead you to exhaust your energy. In 47, you have anxiety and impulsivity in the thoughts; and sttuborness in the external action. That is why is an inner state of mind like be enclosed and exhausted by your own ideas.

The changing line (6.6) is and advice to avoid go into 47: if you fight hard, you could achieve your goal, but with a highest cost that it's rewards. That's why, that effort lead to exhaustation. Better not to do that.

Now, the sequence points that conflict (6) cames due to insecurity about nourishment (5). So, traditonal teachings had say that 6 has to do with insecurity about material posesions, but also with a lack of self steam. is like you think: buying an appartment would give you more confidence in your life.

The combination 6>47 is hard, and dificult to face. In both, you have anxiety in the inner world; but the attachment on your own ideas could become sttuborness. Now, the advice of this combination 6>47 points that buying the appartment won't solve the deep issue. You need an inner emotional work to release yourself from false past ties (47.6) Your sense of insecurity won't be solved by buying an apartment, but changing your perspective about what is tieying you emotionally.

That of course, don't means that you won't need to solve where to live. Only an advice about not to mix things: solve the issue about where to live, because that is a practical issue to be solved; but not in order to solve emotional ties. That is another (and most important issue) to solve.

Of course, you know this is only an interpretation, you are the one who needs to see if anything of this rings a bell confronted with real facts in your life.

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed,

Your comments are *always* useful!

So I don't know if or how this relates to the hexes I drew, but yesterday my landlady phoned me again and this time said that -- long story made short -- they WILL be selling after all. Talk about back and forth!

So the question is: will their price be reasonable enough. It only today occurred to me that there could be a bidding war if she finds someone willing to pay more than I can. In that case I dont know what I would do. (not buy, I guess. there have to be limits...)

ANyhow, for whatever reason (and I considered carefully your points in your message, Jesed) I have this gut feeling that I just need to buy, and need to buy THIS apartment. There are plenty of practical reasons for it, but it's also just a feeling based thing (as far as this versus another apartment goes). I feel comfortable here. The location is absolutely perfect. Its also in the best condition of any apts I"ve seen in the city so far within my price range. (No one's breaking down my door with cash in an envelope yet. If they were, that would change my selection process).

Also, when faced with the "continue to rent vs. buy now" issue, I find myself really feeling that I do need to stay where I am to finish off what I came here to do in the first place. And along with that, purchasing my 'home' makes more sense than renting for 3 or 5 more years. I still have trouble recognizing this 'past emotional ties' thing (unless it relates to my mother, but I dont think there's anything false about those ties per se...) and am trying to see where that fits in. So in case this affects the interpretation, I wanted to give the update.

Separately, is there something I could be asking the Yi now for help about what comes next?

-e.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
elizabeth said:
So I don't know if or how this relates to the hexes I drew, but yesterday my landlady phoned me again and this time said that -- long story made short -- they WILL be selling after all. Talk about back and forth!

Hmmm...6.6 is about the cost of winning something being too high, because of the constant reversals and challenges once you think the whole thing is settled. I wonder if she changes her mind again. Or, I wonder if once you buy it, there's another dispute associated with it. Jesed was reading it as "even if you buy this, it won't solve your emotional need for security", which certainly may be valid in a separate sense, but I'd be wary of having constant problems with ownership of this place.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hello again,

So, the outcome of the apartment situation.
First of all, I did have the most exhausting, anxiety-inducing and insomnia-filled past 6 weeks of my entire life in searching for another place to live. But let me back up.

The initial question here was about purchasing an apartment in this foreign city. On Oct. 2 my landlady "priced" the place I am living in, going through with her plan to sell. This was the place I wanted to buy. She priced it a good 50% over market prices, which are already inflated, thinking I could and would bite. I can't, and didn't. I ended up looking at other apartments because the prices here are artificial and everything that is being published publicly bears no relationship to the value and what is actually being exchanged financially between buyer and seller. Those prices -- the purchase prices -- are not published ANYWHERE.

In viewing other apartments for sale I determined that the asking price of my landlady was not only inflated but significantly inflated, after accounting for needed renovations. I also knew I did not have that much capital to give her or anyone else.

In the proccess I realized what i could buy in this market (something much smaller but that has to be renovated already). I found one option I was very interested in, the price was a bit high though, (I could have/still could talk them down) and the location not ideal (I have no car...would need one). So, while thinking of that I was also hunting for an immediate place to live. It became apparent that since I had to fly to the US in mid December, I needed to move by late November at the latest. It also became apparent that if I bought the apartment, I would still have to rent short term bc the processing of paperwork would take more than 2 mos and the current tenants would have to find a new residence in the dead of (-10, -20 degree Celcius) winter. And again, i'd not be here in late December anyway.

SO I told myself I was putting the purchase plan on hold in order to find a rental solution and then would return to buying.

IN the process of dealing with greedy, rude, condescending and impolite real estate rental agents however, I had a "fed up" moment, more than once. I had these moments several times per day, several weeks in a row.

I thereby said "I'm not buying bc I'm not sure I can or will stay".

After 6 weeks of insomnia and apartment hunting, I found and signed papers last night for an apartment rental that costs me 75% more per month than I've been paying on an already officially poverty level salary. Had I been willing to live in terrible conditions, I could have "downsized" to something worse than where i've been living but for the same rent per month. I wasn't willing. Hot water is important to me.

Readers of the other thread on salary increase already know how that has turned out.

Finally, I have no idea how this current, new residence will be. I have worries that it wont suit me, although it is nicer somewhat than where I"ve been for the past 2 yrs. At the back of my mind I still wonder if I should pursue the buying option as that would increase my monthly cashflow. I know it sounds backwards but if you walk through it, its not so much.

So this 6.6 as autumn commented on above, was exactly the case. The cost was too high, literally, for what it is worth. And the setbacks in the rental search were INNUMERABLE as well. It seems the Yi was speaking to both rentals and purchase options here, but i'm not sure...

So that's the news to date!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Hi Elizabeth,

hex 6.6 says in the short term you will suffer many setbacks in your search for a new place to stay.

hex 47 says finding a new apartment will be very tiresome but if you remain confident, then you will find another place. This is about not giving up, even though the search will be very frustrating some days. It is up to you to sort the problem out, because you know what you want and what you like. There is no real point in talking to much about this, it is more an issue of getting out and looking.

I think that you will find another place, thats not too bad, in about 5 weeks time, probably around the third week of October."

Well, Elizabeth what do you now think of the answer that I gave you back in September, could you please comment on it, not only for my benefit but to provide insight for the others here. Please be honest as you can about the above answer that I provided. Thank you.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox, yes, as I alluded to in the prior post, that interpretation was accurate and it came to pass in reality exactly as you'd said.

The strange part (that I still dont get), is that I asked the Yi about the purchase, and the answer was about the rental. It described exactly what the rental situation played out to be. Was this bc I didnt ask the question specifically enough, or the Yi "telling me" sort of, pushing me in the rental direction?

As far as willowfox's interpretaion, in this instance, it was accurate.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi elizabeth,

"The strange part (that I still dont get), is that I asked the Yi about the purchase, and the answer was about the rental."

I suppose you could think of your question this way, you were asking about purchasing a place, not for investment purposes but for living in. So renting a place to live in comes down to much the same thing, a place to reside. So the two issues did indeed blend. Therefore, the IC gave you an answer that you would find a new place to reside in the near future, it was not saying anything other than that. What you did about the apartment once you found one would be a more distant event. It was addressing your immediate concerns, because as you said purchasing a place takes quite a while.
Purchase/reside = rental/reside. The common factor is reside.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
wf -- Okay, that makes sense. I awoke wondering if i should have, or should still offer my landlady a lowered price and try to purchase this place. Why I keep thinking of that now, I dont know... but i'm feeling maybe its worth asking... I dont want to bug the Yi anymore (people have suggested i've already asked too many questions) but i'm curious to know if that would be a right path to take...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).