...life can be translucent

Menu

Advice on starting a whole new study and how to finance it

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,

The past three years have been an intense and transforming period for me. After encountering a burn-out, I had to face that my whole life long I had not lived according to the real me. Now, almost turning 35, the worst is over and I am definitely recovering, taking little baby steps every day in finding my own way in this world.

I have a background in business economics and business administration, but don’t have a real interest in the economic aspects of this world. Before my burn-out I worked at a bank in the area of management development. The people part was a fit for me, the surroundings however – highly competitive – was too stressful. Right now I am reintegrating with the same bank again. Working 50% and doing quite simple, non-stressful work with the personnel department.

For a long, long time I have been asking myself the question what would be fulfilling for me to do in the working world. I have found out that there is a thread that runs through all that which holds a personal interest to me: it is all linked with Jung (psychology, MBTI, the powerful images of myths, I Ching, spirituality).

There is a Jungian Institute in my country that offers a four year part-time academic study to become a Jungian therapist. Looking at it, it has written THIS IS ME all over it. BUT it will take four years to complete (so I will have to find other fulfilling employment in the meantime), and it will cost approximately 4.000 Euro a year. Money that I don’t have, can’t loan at a bank (I don’t make a lot of money now), and also no family members that can help me out.

I asked the I Ching the following questions today:

1) What if I want to become a Jungian philosophical therapist? 41.0

2) What if I decide to sell my apartment? [to be able to pay for my studies. This means that I will start renting again] 58.3.4 => 5

3) What if I decide to stay in this apartment block and not sell my apartment? [I asked this question on August 13th] 4.2 => 23

4) How can I best finance the study to become a Jungian philosophical therapist? 61.4.5 => 38

I am still a beginner in the area of I Ching, but will try to give my interpretation.
1) The outcome will be positive, although it may mean that I have to make some sacrifices before I will get there (material)?
2) and 3) I don’t really know what to make of it. 4.2 talks about a dwelling, and seems quite positive. I think it seems to be more positive for me to stay than to sell my apartment
4) but how to pay for my studies? Honestly, I really don’t know what to think of the outcome of this reading.

I hope you can help me out!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Love, orchidcat

Last edited:
B

bruce_g

Hi Orchidcat,

Following the stream of questions and answers, I’d surmise that the Yi doesn’t “think” too well of the direction of your thought process concerning pursuing a career in Jungian therapy. I’m guessing that what’s going on here is, the Yi has no problem with what you want to do, but it may question whether you want to do it for the right reasons. Part of this may just be projection on my part, because that is also the question I’d ask of you: Why do you want to do this? And the advise would be: calm yourself down, you’re looking for a quick solution to raise money for school, slow down and assess. If you decide to sell your place, you lose, but you are capable of choosing for yourself what to gain and at what cost. Before gathering finances to fund the endeavor, look more closely inside yourself to be sure you want this for the right reasons. It seems as though this is a long swim up river.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Busy with other things at the moment, so only a short comment ...

My first impression of 61 to 38 is that it says that it is possible to earn enough money while you study by switching to another job (or maybe to other work in the bank) that is closer to your heart.

38 in the background speaks, perhaps, of the estrangement, the alienation from the working and economic world that you may now feel.
But if you stay true to yourself and what you now feel and understand and listen to your inner compass (61) you will be able to find your way in that world.
You may have to adapt and compromise a little but not that much. There is a place and a path for you, the complete you, out there.

Makes sense?

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Bruce and Martin, thanks for your quick replies!

Bruce, I think you are right to say that Yi is telling me to calm down and really think it over and see whether selling my house is the solution to financing the study.
The study for Jungian therapist starts only once a year (in October), and not wanting to waste time, the only short term solution to finance this years study I could think of would be through selling this apartment.

Patience – still one of my learning points, but I think Yi is right. Why would I have to start this year? Maybe it would be wiser to wait another year. Keep working on myself, building further strength and look for other ways to finance the study. Staying in this apartment would also give me the stability on the home front I need.

I’d surmise that the Yi doesn’t 'think' too well of the direction of your thought process concerning pursuing a career in Jungian therapy. I’m guessing that what’s going on here is, the Yi has no problem with what you want to do, but it may question whether you want to do it for the right reasons.
Where did you derive this from? 41.0?
It doesn’t ring a bell with me. Where coming up with the ‘solution’ of selling my house was a spontaneous one, the search for my ‘calling’ in work has been an enduring one. Jung keeps popping up as the thread that runs through that which is closest to my heart, and where I think my talent lies. Getting a structured education, that will get me accredited as Jungian therapist, will enable me to work with clients, something I see as my final objective (not only acquiring knowledge, but being able to apply it in practice).

Martin, it definitely makes sense. Your description of 38 describes well the overall feeling I have of work now. It is comforting to hear Yi say that I really can rely on my inner compass and that things will work out for me in the area of work. Not only in the long run, but that also in the short run I will be able to find my place in the working world that I am now at. I only wished that I could envision what that place should be in the near future. Ah, patience…..

What do you think that 41.0 is telling me about me wanting to become a Jungian philosophical therapist?

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
I justed consulted the I Ching for an additional question:

What if I decide to start studying at the Jungian Institute October NEXT year? 16.0

I dont know if this is a go or no go. All I can think of is that Yi is telling me that it will give me time to prepare myself for the start of the study.

What do you think?

B

bruce_g

Quote:
I’d surmise that the Yi doesn’t 'think' too well of the direction of your thought process concerning pursuing a career in Jungian therapy. I’m guessing that what’s going on here is, the Yi has no problem with what you want to do, but it may question whether you want to do it for the right reasons.
It doesn’t ring a bell with me. Where coming up with the ‘solution’ of selling my house was a spontaneous one, the search for my ‘calling’ in work has been an enduring one. Jung keeps popping up as the thread that runs through that which is closest to my heart, and where I think my talent lies. Getting a structured education, that will get me accredited as Jungian therapist, will enable me to work with clients, something I see as my final objective (not only acquiring knowledge, but being able to apply it in practice).

It's just a guess, but not one without warrant. Taking up something as deep at Jung requires a love and passion for the subject. While I sense a desire on your part to pursue a career in that, I don't yet detect passion for the subject itself. Perhaps this is what 16 is speaking to?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

You must consider the answer to your first question before charging off and asking additional questions. Everything starts and finishes with hex 41.
Hex 41 says that you must curb your desires,make a sacrifice, keep still, decrease. 41 is telling you that becoming a therapist is not for you, supreme good fortune. This hex further suggests that you should not return to your high paying job that screwed you up but be content with what you are doing now, money isn't everything, getting some fun out of life is much, much better.
Now all the other questions that you asked no longer need to be answered.

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox, thanks for your input.
41 is telling you that becoming a therapist is not for you, supreme good fortune. This hex further suggests that you should not return to your high paying job that screwed you up but be content with what you are doing now, money isn't everything, getting some fun out of life is much, much better.
Maybe the long road towards becoming a therapist is not the way for me...:confused:
I have no intention of returning to my old job (which was only one of the many factors that caused my burn-out). But I can assure you that I am not finding any fulfillment at all in my currrent job. It has been a good way to start getting used to working again, but now I find it dull, dumb, repetitive work, that drains all energy out of me because I cannot find any creative outlet in it. I can't image that the I Ching is telling me that this is what I should be content with, because I cannot imagine myself doing this work much longer.....

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't see 41.0 as a no, Willowfox.

I think, Orchid, that it also depends on what you exactly meant with that question "What if I want to become a Jungian philosophical therapist? "
Were you thinking more about being/becoming a therapist itself or more about financial circumstances? If the Q was more about money the answer might simply mean something like "well, finances will be rather low for a while". :)

But even if the question was about becoming a therapist - 41 covers serious work, some sacrifice of pleasure, you don't get it for nothing. You have to "pay" something, to "earn" it.
I think it also covers the structuring in what you decribe as "Getting a structured education". The upper mountain trigram of 41 gives the lower trigram lake (that could here stand for feeling, sympathy) structure, a form, a channel.
And in this case it could also very well refer to a place, a function in society, a profession (10th house in astrology).

The text suggests that one can go ahead if there is sincerity. Perhaps that is what Bruce is asking about. Do you sincerely want this? Are you sure? If so, my idea is that the Yi, says "okay, do it!". (but see my next post ..)

Last edited:

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
By the way ...
There are different ideas about how to interpret unchanging hexagrams (you got two, 41.0 and 16.0) but I think there is often an extra message when the Yi gives them.
It is something like "This is the question or the situation, it's reflected in this hexagram, but I don't need to tell you what to do, you can and should decide for yourself."
The Yi gives the question back to the questioner, in a sense.

Not everyone sees it that way, but in any case, we always have to decide for ourselves, ultimately. An oracle can only help us to think more clearly about our situation. :)

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Martin, the question "What if I want to become a Jungian philosophical therapist?" for me was focussed on becoming a therapist, not on the money aspect of it. Your explanation makes very much sense to me.

I will pay serious attention to the issue raised by both you and Bruce -is this sincerely what I want?- in the coming months. Months... I will even have a year to think about it ;) , as the next opportunity to start the studies will be in October 2007.
I think that I am being warned that it should realize a serious investment is required of me (personal, time, dedication, money), and that I will really have to go for it 100%.

B

bruce_g

orchidcat said:
I think that I am being warned that it should realize a serious investment is required of me (personal, time, dedication, money), and that I will really have to go for it 100%.

I think that's good.

There's a bit more to what I was saying than either becoming a therapist and/or money issues, though naturally both of those are important. What I was getting at was more along the lines of "is your heart in Jungian psychology?"

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
I agree that you should resolve the answer to the first question before moving on to additional questions. I don't believe, though, that 41 is telling you, "don't do this". I believe 41 is answering the question you asked. You asked, "What if?", and the response was, "Then you will reduce, decrease, empty, prepare for reception".

In Behaviorism, there are the elementary concepts of positive and negative reinforcement. Postive means "to add", and negative means, "to subtract". They don't mean enjoyable versus painful, because you can add something painful and subtract something enjoyable. I believe 41 shoud be understood as "subtract", and not "bad", by analogy. I think a good understanding of 41 is "to be affected". I have the image of the wall of a soap bubble inverting as it comes into contact with other soap bubbles. So, what if you become a therapist? Then your life will be fully engaged with the subject. It is a life-altering commitment.

By contrast, the questions on selling the apartment are advising caution. 58.3.4. (5) is an explicit direction to not act impulsively, or from soaring euphoria; but to wait. 58, Lake over Lake, is an emotional experience. Its lines talk about ways in which the experience of joy can be fulfilling or misguided. I interpret 5 as explicit advice here.

The second question asks, "what if I stay here?" 4.2 (23) I think there may be a bit of a double meaning to this answer for you, based on the fact you've asked an open-ended question, but done so with an unspoken assumption. The assumption in your question was, "and what if I tried to pay for it some other way", but you didn't explcitly state that. I think you may have two answers; one direct, and one guiding you to another subject.

On the one hand, LiSe's interpretation of 4.2 is, "To care for the ignorant, auspicious. To impregnate the wife, auspicious. A son sustains the family. To care for the immature is an investment for the future. Always look for new possibilities and develop them, even if they do not pay yet. Survival needs renewal." In this context, you may be being advised to sustain your residence as the foundation of your financial well-being, avoiding the mistake (4) of liquidation (23). On the other hand, the image of 4 is an image of a student, and 23 the image of plunging to the depths of the being. Could this be playing into the image of the next answer, 61.4.5. (38), and directing you to another subject?

61.4.5. (38) is a picture of the singular dedication of the hermit (61,4) pursuing his inner truth and separating himself from society, and then progressing to a place where his inner being then connects him with experiences/people that mirror his inner mind (5). In Astrology, 38 would be by analogy the aspect of the opposition, which is a relationship aspect.

I see 61.4.5. (38) as a picture of your own psychotherapy. 38 the image of yourself reflected in another's point of view. Freudian analysts always complete analysis prior to treating others. I am not familiar with what it takes to be Jungian analyst, but given the early 20th century tradition of Jung as a student of Freud, perhaps a classically trained Jungian analyst would be required to go through analysis.

Maybe, the message here for you is to sustain yourself financially to pursue in greater depth the immersion in the subject this would require. Perhaps wade in by making connections with others who are studying, or go in for analysis yourself, and explain your inclination.

With the appearance of 61, I think you are in touch with good guidance, but allow it to unfold as a path in its own course, evenly and gently, without making any dramatic, possibly self-sabotaging moves, such as selling the apartment...

B

bruce_g

To elaborate a little bit on what’s behind my question:

While we focus on our present and future/gratification, the Yi/Dao represents a greatly enlarged frame of reference. Becoming a professional Jungian therapist may well be suited to you, but along the way you may discover it wasn’t the best fit after all. If you invest yourself in this direction, only to discover it isn’t your cup of tea, this will lead you to obstructions and opposition. However, regardless what you do, the next stepping stone will come to you once your will is set in that direction.

I believe that we are largely naive about how these things often work, and so when the Yi throws an answer to us, that answer may extend beyond what we are able to know at that time (4). Recognizing our limitation in understanding these things, we decide to follow (17). That means going indoors awhile to sleep on it some more. From that comes an affirmation from within and usually also from without. Then we follow our Dao, as it is a calling. When you have the calling or mandate to do something, the universe cooperates as though with a seal. Then you can go forth and take your quarry. If we enter something too soon, we could fail, or too late, we miss the opportunity, and then we must wait to catch the next wave to surf the Dao toward our destiny.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Martin,
Hex 41 says that a person should curbed their desires, their passions because they are not the correct things to go after. Pie in the sky. Ken, mountain means to keep still. Decrease, make a sacrifice, all these things lead me to conclude that the answer is no, therapist is the wrong move.
A change of employment in the very near future is the most likely and best outcome in this case.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox,

I think what 41 says in this case is that becoming a therapist implies sacrifices. But what needs to be sacrificed is not becoming a therapist itself, it's other things, like the ones that Orchid mentioned, personal time, money and so on.

To use another example, if I want to buy a house and the Yi says "41!" I don't hear "Are you nuts?! No way! Forget it!" :D
I hear "Well, perhaps, but this will cost you something .." .
And also "Do you really want this, are you sure?" That is the sincerity question.

The text talks about the sacrifice of two bowls of grain. This is a symbolic, ritual sacrifice and it doesn't matter that these bowls are small. The sacrifice is acceptable if it sincere.

Yes, no? :)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Martin,
your argument does indeed make sense but I am still puzzled by the expression 'to curb one's desires', the upper trigram means keeping still, restrainting one's desires. There is also mention of over emotional people making bad choices. Give me an idea what you think they mean.

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,

It has been on my mind for years that I should have studied psychology to become a (psycho)therapist, instead of having studied Business Adminstration and Business Economics. And Jung popping up in everything I am interested in personally (my 'language') made me think that there would be a good match between me and the study to become a Jungian therapist.

You have been right to point out that I should realize that I am required to emerge myself fully and in total depth into Jung. Would it be fulfilling for me to use only his framework in my future job, or would I be more comfortable when I have a larger repertoire to choose from?

Quote from Autum: With the appearance of 61, I think you are in touch with good guidance, but allow it to unfold as a path in its own course, evenly and gently, without making any dramatic, possibly self-sabotaging moves, such as selling the apartment...
Good to hear that I seem to be in touch with good guidance, but I wanted to ask the Yi one more question on this subject - to see whether or not I am at least on the right track to want to pursue a study to become a psychotherapist:

What if I decide to study to become a psychotherapist? 18.1.3.6 -> 19

I am very curious what you all think of it. Is 18.1.3.6 pointing towards me and the process I am going through (and will have to go through), or is it talking about psychotherapy in general? And what do you think of the outlook of 19?

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox,

Curbing desires - if these desires are superfical or if we are merely seeking immediate gratification or shortterm gains, yes, probably.
But I think that the deeper (serious, sincere, heartfelt) desires are okay and even welcomed in hexagram 41. It's not, as far as I see, an 'ascetic monk' hexagram. :)

B

bruce_g

Orchid,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you still haven’t said why you’d want to do this, only that you want to do it. I think 18.1,3,6 is speaking to this. IE:

Line 1: To redeem yourself or family name?
Line 3: To win self respect?
Line 6: To serve a higher calling or mandate?

Your approach will vary accordingly.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Orchidcat,

A few free associations from this Freudian couch :) :

- 18 can refer to a wrong fundament or beginning, that fits with what you write about having chosen the 'wrong' education.

- Line 1 and 3: troubles caused by the father. Business Adminstration and Business Economics, that is typically what traditional fathers do.

- Line 1 and 3: troubles caused by the father. Any troubles in childhood, especially with your father or father figures, that you need to work through? Troubles with authority figures?
Don't answer this here if you feel that it is too personal ..

- Whatever your personal problems might be (if there are any), in line 6 you are healed. Perhaps the Yi is saying here that you need to be inwardly free and healed (to some degree at least, nobody is perfect! :)) to be abe to help others.

Freud looks on his watch and says "Time's up, see you tomorrow!" And softer, to himself "Jung?! Oh no! :eek:"
:D

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How about asking something like: Show me how my love of Jung's ideas best fits into my life journey?

Rinda

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Btw, I don't agree with Freud (as you probably know, Freud and Jung were friends initially, but they split up later).
I like Jung's approach very much and I see him as my first 'guru'.
I wonder, are you already deeply immersed in his psychology? Tell me (and us) more, if you like. :)

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Orchidcat,
In my experience, and from my perspective, the Oracle always focuses on "who" you are and not on "what" you do. Above all, it wants to take your focus away from being subjugated to the superficial concerns of the moment and on the-how-to-make-money and where-to-live and and who-to-be-with, even though those are of paramount importance to our daily lives. It wants the titles in your life to emerge from a sense of being authentically on the path that is intended for you. It wants you to be a therapist, in the sense of being plugged into healing and connecting with others, so training is a natural outgrowth of who you already are.

It supports some of the those superficial concerns, such as "being a therapist", or "doing such and such", only to the extent that they support the underlying process of becoming more self-realized and conscious, and focused on your intended spiritual role in this lifetime.

I still see the same theme you've already encountered in previous readings in 18>19. 18, as you know, says detoxify. 19 is an image of a warrior returning to his family, and standing at the point of a high hill, looking down at them, thus approaching in gladness. LiSe describes 19 as "The Caring Eye", and interestingly, identifies 19 a paternal, masculine overview, and 20 as a feminine overview. That very well could describe the perspective of the therapist looking down and surveying the toxicity (18) of his client. Just like 4.2 (23) and 38.4.5. (61) can be seen as images of the therapuetic process, as I described before.

In a sense, you are saying, "what if", and getting back a picture of the chosen titles/images/superficial that your ego is identifying with. I think what you really want to know is if you pursue this, will you be on the right path. Maybe, "show me if the career path of therpaist supports my highest good" ? Maybe, "show me the inner process necessary to become a therpaist"? And then, "show me the external process necessary to meet my career goals?"

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Orchid,

If I follow Martin's advice on how to read Hex 41, then okay the answer is yes to becoming a therapist but only if you are sincere. Misty passions and desires would say no.
Okay, so far so good, but now the tricky bit, the money. You are talking about 16,000 Euros for the course alone, then there will be all the other expenses, food accommodation, etc, etc. I believe that you are going to have a really difficult time raising that money. I can see this whole affair ending in chaos if you are not very careful. Have you considered where you are going to find employment if or when you complete the course? It would be a complete waste of four years if you could not find employment as a therapist and have to end up working in a bank again. Hex 41 talks about making a sacrifice but how big will that sacrifice turn out to be?
There are so many nasty little details in your plan that must be taken into consideration.
Of course robbing your bank would certainly help you financially in the short term but unfortunately in the long term you would be doing a long course in sewing.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Orchid,

your question "What if I decide to study to become a psycotherapist? Answer 18.1,3,6>19.
The problem with this question is that it is so similar to the first question that you asked about becoming a Jung therapist.
Hex 18 speaks of former problems in your family setting right what you believe to be wrong, aiming to high to compensate for previous mistakes.
Hex 19 speaks of success, joy but only for a short time before misfortune comes again.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Orchid,
this reply is concerning the question about entering the institute in October 2007. The answer you received was Hex16, enthusiasm. It gives the meaning to make all the necessary preparations early on for October, 2007, but you should seek help. If you have enthusiasm and confidence you can go far but lack these things and you go nowhere. But it also tells me that if you do not obtain help from other people, October 2007 will not happen.
Again, the issue of money to finance your studies jumps up again. Without money nothing happens. Joy and happiness will only be won if you can sort everything out in time.

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,

Thanks for sharing your insights with me, they are very helpful!

Quote by Martin:
-Line 1 and 3: troubles caused by the father. Business Adminstration and Business Economics, that is typically what traditional fathers do.
- Line 1 and 3: troubles caused by the father. Any troubles in childhood, especially with your father or father figures, that you need to work through?
You hit the nail squarely on the head! The last three years I have been in the process of healing myself of and freeing myself from his negative influence on me. I have never had the room to be me, always being criticised. I have come to hear my inner voice again and find that I can rely on it to guide me very well. I have also come to accept that it is okay the way I am – I like people, but need my time alone and am not a group person. And I have come to accept that I am rather a person of reflection, seeking depth, thinking in concepts and images, instead of one seeking action in this extraverted Western world. I am still learning every day (fighting conditioned behaviour), but think I have come a long way.

Which makes me think that this reading is giving me an image of the process I am in and have been in, rather than giving me the answer I was looking for.

As Autumn put it: In a sense, you are saying, "what if", and getting back a picture of the chosen titles/images/superficial that your ego is identifying with. I think what you really want to know is if you pursue this, will you be on the right path.
Yesterday, I had a headache and felt very tired. Your insights here have helped me think, and somehow I think the picture that I am painting of my career path ahead has some flaws. As I already mentioned, I have started listening to my inner voice again, and it has never failed me. You know when an article in a shop is scanned for a price? I a way I ‘scan’ the idea I have across my stomach and sense if it feels okay or not. In this case it feels as though something is off, but I don’t know what.

Quote from bruce_g: Recognizing our limitation in understanding these things, we decide to follow (17). That means going indoors awhile to sleep on it some more. From that comes an affirmation from within and usually also from without.
Beautifully said, and I am worried that I don’t get that confirmation from within. Is the timing off (I think I might need some more time before I am completely recovered from my burn-out)?

Quote from Willowfox: But it also tells me that if you do not obtain help from other people, October 2007 will not happen. Again, the issue of money to finance your studies jumps up again.
Is it fear of the financial consequences?

Or is it just not my path?

I think I will need to take more time for this process. A while ago I asked Yi to give me an image of the true nature of my own soul, and received 1.2.6 => 15. That sixth line came to mind again – beware of being too ambitious….

I did however ask Yi the question that autumn proposed:
Show me if the career path of psychotherapist supports my highest good 38.5 => 10

I am very curious what you think of this…..

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Since that was my question, I will try to help you interpret 38.5 (10) by telling you what your answer is saying to me.

First, you've been asking the i-ching about assuming a professional role, and getting back images of the process of psychotherapy. So, the i-ching is a little discordant in its answers, which suggests the i-ching wants you to focus on another question. You confirmed that you are indeed going through a process of self-realization, so in fact these images may be referencing your own healing process.

Second, you've now received 38 twice. I think I'd pay attention to this hexagram. Strip it down to its energetic movement. To stand in the opposite place of another. You're asking about being in the role of helper and healer. What's in your highest good? Switch places. The beautiful image of inner guidance in 61 may be asking you to let go of the need to be in the "professional role" right now (10).

I love line 5 here, as it promises a breakthrough and resolution of the tension of the opposition. That which you oppose (others? inner aspects of yourself?) can be integrated and healed in line 5.

My feeling here is that you are receiving guidance to enter the field of depth psychology in the opposite role (as learner/student/disciple) first, and that the oracle is not addressing the future beyond that first step. How does that fit? Good luck.

orchidcat

visitor
Reaction score
Autumn,

First, I enjoy to see how you know how to 'play' with the images that the I Ching gives and come up with wise interpretations. In the meantime, it teaches me, a beginner in I Ching, also more about the richness of the I Ching and ways in which a reading can be approached.
That which you oppose (others? inner aspects of yourself?) can be integrated and healed in line 5.
Right now I cannot think what it is that I oppose, but I think you have an interesting point here. Something I will think about in the near future.
My feeling here is that you are receiving guidance to enter the field of depth psychology in the opposite role (as learner/student/disciple) first, and that the oracle is not addressing the future beyond that first step.
I think you might very well be right. But what would the implicit answer of the I Ching then be on my question "Show me if the career path of psychotherapist supports my highest good"? The answer I am given tells met that diving deeper into psychotherapy could be beneficial to my own development as an individual. Does this implicitly tell me that it would not be beneficial careerwise?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).