Dear all,

i ask Iching on 5th Sept 2006 2:46am "What can i expect if i marry Ms. X?"

Iching replied:

Hex 34
leads to
Hex 34

with no changing line.

Story:
I know Ms X and we are together for 5.5 years. We have splited twice and patch back again. However, recently, she keep asking me to marry her since she is getting close to her 30, however, i am still 26. In my heart, i am abit tempted to settle down and have baby but i still have a career to build and also i have a "wondering" eyes and mind.

What should i do?

Thanks in advance...

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
34 says perseverance furthers. You are with this person for 5.5 years and already found that issues which might pull others apart haven't derailed your friendship, thus I ching is saying you have a very good chance of continuing to be together if you should decide to marry.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
According to Wilhelm there is danger here and you might not consider what is the correct thing to do in this situation. There is also danger in the fact that you would like to marry but not waiting for the right moment to do so. Therefore, perseverance furthers.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
That ram in 34 seems rather individualistic. It looks like the issue here is being and remaining free and independent. And relying on one's own resources/power.
Is that right, Tanjhj?
If so, the question is if being or feeling free etcetera goes well with marriage. Depends a lot on the partner and the kind of relationship you have.
My feeling is that the I Ching gives an image of the issue with this answer, but leaves it to you to figure this out.
Makes sense?

tanjhj

visitor
Reaction score
willowfox said:
According to Wilhelm there is danger here and you might not consider what is the correct thing to do in this situation. There is also danger in the fact that you would like to marry but not waiting for the right moment to do so. Therefore, perseverance furthers.

Actually, i think Ms X is the one more desperate to get married. lolz

I am just thinking whether i should get married so young.. i had to admit that peer and family pressure is "tempting" me to settle down. What i worried most is my heart is not settled down yet as i yearn to see the world

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi tanjhj,

Is your girlfriend being put under a great deal of pressure to get married? Is her family, especially her father pushing her? You are having doubts about this marriage business, well it appears that the problem will go away because I think that you have already decided not to get married. So no need to hide away. Also, did Ms X lose/left her job recently? Are you travelling to another country this month, maybe in connection with business?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
It occurs to me that 34 with no changing lines could be telling you that your relationship would not be that different if you did decide to marry. The difficulties and uncertainties would not magically disappear.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

34 suggests power and strength, which could easily get out of control, causing alot of trouble to Ms X if you were married to her. The problem here is that you feel that you are too young for marriage and your hormones will not keep still either. The possibility of having other girlfriends is very high. Therefore, marrying now could be dangerous for you. The I Ching says to persevere in the sense here of window shopping, keep looking.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"What can i expect if i marry Ms. X?

Iching replied: Hex 34"

If you marry Ms X, you can expect a great and important exercise of flourishing strength that impacts powerfully on the situation. It's to your advantage to carry out what you think is right in this situation.

'A great and important exercise of flourishing strength that impacts powerfully on the situation' could mean almost anything - it could refer to a flourishing sexuality that results in a pregnancy, or it could refer to the self-confidence that comes of becoming a husband. It could also change with time. Which is why I would emphasize the second part of the text in answer to your question: 'It's important to carry out what you think is right in this situation.' Okay - what do you think is right in this situation? Is it right to marry the girl? Or is it not the right thing to do?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).