...life can be translucent

Menu

Property investment

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a flat -- I have no pension or savings, and the idea is to buy a flat to rent out so that in some years I might have an income from it. There have been endless troubles with the process of buying it; the latest is that I've just received survey results saying there is damp, which may be expensive to fix. On the plus side, the flat is in a fantastic location and is more or less guaranteed to bring in enough rent to cover the mortgage.

I asked two questions:
Should I go ahead and buy the flat?
I got 37/2.

Should I drop that flat and buy something else?
I got 58/2 and /6.

Would be very grateful for input on this!
Thanks!!

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Cesca,
I think 37.2 is saying that you'll be busy more with the inside of the house, than that it can be used to achieve a goal (renting it).
58.2 talks about a trustworthy exchange, 58.6 about an enticed exchange.

There is no mention of good or bad fortune in 37.2, it is "beneficial to persist." 58.2 does have good fortune, while regret goes away. 58.6 is about temptation, but there is no mention of good or bad fortune here too.

So I'd say that going with the flat you're considering to buy would be an option. Looking for another flat might be a better option, though.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Should I go ahead and buy the flat?

hex 37.2 suggests taking care of everyday activities, concentrate more on your family affairs. It also suggests that this idea of buying the flat will not reach completion.

final hex is 9 which says that the time has not yet come for you to buy the flat, still many obstacles in the way that must be dealt with. It advises caution. You will achieve eventual success.

Should I drop that flat and buy something else?

hex 58.2 suggests you will be very happy and have no regrets if you drop the business with the present flat.
hex 58.6 suggest that you are being seduced by worldly affairs, thoughts of flats, profits, money etc. Step back and reconsider what you are doing, because you seem to be losing yourself to external things. Think what will bring you true happiness and contentment, find the answer within yourself.Don't let life cheat you.

final hex 25 suggests that you should stop chasing after the flat, let it go, so many things are still unclear. Also, there is nothing here to say what you should do in the future.

Is the flat on the top floor of the building?
Many problems still to come with this flat, I suspect trouble with the contract, trouble with financial losses incurred by the flat. I think that you are in over you head a bit on this deal, you are in a weak position. I think that you will exit this deal in the end.

Last edited:
J

jesed

Hi cesca

Just in case the comment could be of any use

I dare to suggest you another aproach.

When the issue is to choice between 2 posibilitie, I reather prefer the mathematical method ( see my take in this thread http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=469)

If this can be of interest for you, you could ask:

"What is better option for me related to this flat? to buy ot to not buy it?"

In order to comment the answer, I would need the following information:
a) The date when you tossed the coins (month, day and hour in you local time; I don't need to know where is you local time)
b) The option that is closer to your heart/intuition at the moment

Best wishes

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
ewald said:
So I'd say that going with the flat you're considering to buy would be an option. Looking for another flat might be a better option, though.

Thanks, Ewald. That was pretty much my reading of it too, and my inclination as well. (Though I’m so bloody FED UP with all the obstructions on trying to buy this flat that I’m suspicious of being overly influenced by my own irritation).

willowfox said:
Is the flat on the top floor of the building?
Many problems still to come with this flat, I suspect trouble with the contract, trouble with financial losses incurred by the flat. I think that you are in over you head a bit on this deal, you are in a weak position. I think that you will exit this deal in the end.

Thanks, Willowfox. No, it’s on the ground floor. Your advice is valuable – and I’m inclined to exit sooner rather than later.

jesed said:
If this can be of interest for you, you could ask:
"What is better option for me related to this flat? to buy ot to not buy it?"
In order to comment the answer, I would need the following information:
a) The date when you tossed the coins (month, day and hour in you local time; I don't need to know where is you local time)
b) The option that is closer to your heart/intuition at the moment

Thanks, Jesed. I’m intrigued by your mathematical method! Asking the question you suggest, I got Hexagram 8, with lines 2, 5 and 6 changing.
Date: 14 September 2006
Time: 1850
The option that is closer to my heart is to pack it in and buy something in another area entirely. This one has just been ‘one damn thing after another’.

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
Actually, looking at the lines I got on Hexagram 8, it looks like this flat doesn't want to belong to me.

J

jesed

Hi cesca

Just in case the comment could be of any use

MONTH Rooster (metal)
DAY Horse (fire)
HOUR Rooster (metal)
VOID ELEMENTS Tiger (wood) and Rabbit (wood)
SUBJECT LINE Not buy (because it was the closest tou your heart)
OBJECT LINE Buy
ANSWER 8>4

Elements of interpretation

1.- Subject Line is in the 3rd line. It is Rabbit, under aspect Husband ( means autorithy or worries). It is destroyed by the month (metal destroys wood) and it is reduced by the day (fire reduces wood). It combines with Dog (line 5, under aspect Brother meaning competitors) and it is in clash against Rooster (the month). It is void element. Under this circumstances, the subject line shows that not buying is related with worries but this is unuseful for answer (bad season, and void element)

2.- Object Line is Rat, under aspect Wife (means subordinates or material posesions and money). it is produced by the month (metal produces water) but it is in clash against Horse (the day). Under this circumstances, object line means not buying is related with economical dificulties in the short term, but it would be economical good in the long term (because the money is under clash with the day==> short termn, but it would be produced by the month ==> long term)

3.- Month is Rooster and points to the long termn influences. Produces water (object line ==> buy) and destroys wood (subject line ==> not buy). It combines with Dragon (under apsects brothers, meaning competitors) nand it is in clash with Rabbit (subject line). So, the long term influence is in favor of buying and agaisnt not buying; but it also helps competitors. (i guess there are other people interested in buying that flat)

4.- Day is Horse and shows the short term influences. It produces earth (aspect brother, meaning competitors) and destroys metal (aspect chlid, meaning good luck or easy-ness). It combines with Goat (again competitors) and it is in clash against rat (Object line). So, in the short term, you have dificult to buy and lose your easy-ness.

5.- There are 3 changing lines
a) Line 2 is Snake, under aspect Father ( meaning hardship, effort, but also resourses). It combines with Monkey (under aspect Child..good luck or easy-ness). The resultant is Dragon, wich destroys water (object line). So, this implies that you could think in made an effort to get extra resourses, in order to recover your easy-ness about buying, but that would affect you personally.

b) Line 5 is Dog, under aspect Brother (competitors). It moves against object line (buy) and combines with Rabbit (subject line not buy). The resultant is rat (same than the object line...buy). So, the action of people that don't want you to buy would be counterproductive

c) Line 6 is the Object Line, rat. It moves against fire (line 2...effort, resourses). The resultant is Tiger (under aspect Husband, worries), wich produces Fire. But Tiger is void, so it cann't produce Fire.. That means, if you decide not to do an extra-effort, even if you can feel some worries, you won't need that extra effort/resourses

6.- Void element are Tiger and Rabbit (to no buy). Beacuse they are destroyed by the month, they will remain void (unuseful to answer the question)

INTERPRETATION (of course, this is only that: an interpretation. You are the one that can see if any of this rings a bell with reality and, after all, decide. I know you know that, but is worthy to say it again)

You are not able to buy in the short term; there are some dificulties to do that, realetd with money aspects and people that don't want you to buy. That produces you to worrie and think better not buy the flat.
You could be thinking as another option to made an extra effort to get some resourses. You could think that doing so, you could have more easy-ness to buy. But that effort could be risky for you.
However, even if there are people interested in you don't buy, his/her action could be counterproductive and reinforced your posibility to buy.
At the end, even if you can find some troubles now, buying has a good economical prospection in the long term for you.

In one word: If I was you, I'll stand during the dificult short term and buy, expecting to regain everything in the long term.

Best wishes

J

jesed

Now, the same answer, with traditional method

Solidarity... for me buying implies some kind of solidarity (the bound between seler and buyer) and not buying the oposite.

The judgment say solidarity (the contract relationship) is good under 2 circumstances:
a) That you have constancy and perseverancy
b) That you don't lose the oportunity due to indecision.

So, you need to examinate yourself at the light of those 2 requierements

The image again talks about bounderies between people in diferent conditions, and te fact of transmision of real state (share land with feudal lords)

Line 2 Remain is solidarity with him (I take..with the seller). But perseverance is needed
Line 5 Don't push to hard. What belongs to you would came to you. Good fortune
Line 6 It would be misfortune to lose the oportunity of stablishing the bounderies beacuse the decision was made too late. That would be an error.

Resulting hexagram, in my take, is a tendential to avoid: act with inexperience.

Best wishes

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).