...life can be translucent

Menu

23 UNCHANGING

J

jesed

Second time my commentaries had readed as "my point of view is better than yours" here

I asked: what is the correct way to act about onlineclarity's forum?

answer 23

So..Best wishes to all

B

bruce

Hi Jesed,

The correct way to act here is to simply be yourself. I think all 23 is saying is to let go of being sensitive about how others may respond, and just be true to your core nature.

I've enjoyed your input since you've joined, just for what that's worth.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Agree completely with Bruce!!

I also enjoy your posts a lot, please don't get pissed off by one or two negative reactions. You have no idea how many like what you say.

I am thinking a lot about what you said about the three kinds of luck, and how we make our destiny. Makes a lot of sense.

LiSe

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
And another one agreeing with LiSe and Bruce. One meaning of 23 is to become less bothered about 22 - but then I'm biased, since I want you to stick around.
happy.gif

J

jesed

Hi

Bruce and Hilary:
"...just be true to your core nature"... "become less bothered about 22"
Until now, I'd never think in those interpretations, but fit perfectly with the way I use to read 23: break the exterior forms in order to get the spirt returning. Thanks both of you, is a nice learning.

LiSe
I wasn't piss off but wandering the best way to be useful.

The way I readed this answer was:
1.- Generosity is the correct way to act (image)

2.- Even more: line 6 is the ruler. In thougt that my commentaries are the fruit:
a)Could be useful to some people. My best wishes to them
b) Couldn't be useful to some other people. My best wishes to them

So..Best wishes to all
happy.gif

sherab

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed - #23 always gets me wondering. One way I see it is as a situation where the best way to make a sustaining, living balance is to give generously, give away what one has in heart and mind, as it says in the Image. I think of mountains - how water or rocks or anything just tumbles down them to the earth. Without that give-away, things get too thin and lofty and brittle - like the air at the top of a mountain, or a person sitting in splendid solitude, not talking to anyone. Rememeber the complement of The Mountain is the Lake, and she is talking and communicating and singing and more.
I like Karcher's understanding of #23 as being a time to strip away what is outmoded and no longer useful.
And then sometimes I just look at the lines themselves and see that top yang line as a thin membrane, or a skin hanging before a door - just one thing that protects? obstructs? what? - all the devotion of the Kun trigrams within (nuclear and lower).
What gets me wondering about #23 though is when it says in the Miscelaneous notes, that somethign is rotten here, or that there is decay. Any thoughts?
Sherab

B

bruce

Sherab, I like your thoughts on 23. I think what rotted is the outmoded and no longer useful, which then becomes compost below in the valley for things to grow.

sherab

visitor
Reaction score
Bruce,
Ah yes.... good good. Now I see Thank you!
Sherab

W

waveringdragon

to me 23 unchanging is about blowing things out of proportion in either a positive or negative manner,
in a positive manner we make too much out of something, we get too high, suffer from an exciteable restless nature, eventually the bubble will burst, we come crashing down to earth,
in a negative manner we worry too much, make a mountain out of a molehill, create and suffer from anxieties,
the way out is to sit tight and compose one self, find the mean, the middle way, within, but i generally find this is very difficult to do in a 23 situation, very often it is only with hindsight that i get to see the situation objectively so the advice i generally take from 23 is sit tight, do nothing, persevere, wait it out, wait until time and further events unfold to allow me clarity within this situation

cipriana

visitor
Reaction score
This is by far the best general definition of 23 I have read so far, thanks.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).