...life can be translucent

Menu

Job resignation

franka

visitor
Reaction score
Hi There

I have been looking at this forum for quite a few weeks and I have noticed that there are some really dedicated people answering all nature of queries. Maybe they will shed some light on my situation..

I have recently resigned from a job, last week, that, frankly, was getting worse by the day, and making me so stressed that I felt continually ill and my hair was falling out. It was a job that I was particularly suited for, but there were unusual heirachies which, if I surrendered everything I knew, had developed and worked upon and let others take credit for my long hours, withstood insult upon insult, and accepted being sidelined from every opportunity, I would have been welcomed. However, this was not the case - I did not allow this and handed in my resignation under the guise of family problems that meant I could not give my all to my work . We all pretended I wasn't working with a bunch of scheming cheats that were happy to suck people dry of all their knowledge and skills and basically let them go after a two year contract. I was advised (later) that this was the case by a predecessor who had worked in this place before me.

Anyway - I digress, I am working my 1 months' notice and have cast the i ching with regard to my future now and recieved hexagram 42 - increasing, with no changing lines, which seemed optimistic. Am I right to feel optimistic about this?

I also cast another hexagram with regard to a very successful colleague of mine, whose reference I am sure, helped me get this job and who was told last week (by one of these people) that I had resigned. I felt ashamed and as tho' I had let him down, because he really rated my skills and felt that this position and department would be perfect for me (as I did). I was sure he would think 'How on earth could it not work out for her there?

The hexagram I recieved to the question 'What will Steve think of me now, will he think I'm a loser?' was hexagram 5 - waiting with changing line 6 to hexagram 9 - the taming power of the small. I have never truly understood what 'the taming power of the small' means. Can anyone cast any lignt as to what this could mean?

Thanks very much, Franka

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Franka,

franka said:
Am I right to feel optimistic about this?

Yes I would say so - onwards and upwards right? :D Interesting how the Wilhelm has for the image:

If he sees good, he imitates it;
If he has faults, he rids himself of them.

Which has always been the advice given to me about interview conduct – “you know – don’t go into your next interview exclaiming that you left your job because your last boss was an utter *&$%!! Tell them what you’ve learnt, what you liked and would bring to their company” etc.

franka said:
The hexagram I recieved to the question 'What will Steve think of me now, will he think I'm a loser?' was hexagram 5 - waiting with changing line 6 to hexagram 9

Maybe he’s waiting to be filled in on the details by you before he makes his judgement? And as such not losing too many proverbial tears over it yet (dense clouds, but no rain)?

Good luck with the new job
Nicky

franka

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Nicky,

I really like the way you interpret the 5. hexagram with regard to interviews about using the good stuff and leaving behind the bad. I never thought to interpret this hexagram this way.

It was on my mind as to whether to fill Steve in on the details (but obviously, in a less emotional way than I did on this forum of course!). I can see the wisdom in that -

I was a bit intrigued about the three uninvited guests from line 6 - I've heard people say it's about using the quiet time to prepare for the next phase - but of course, the thing I'm most curious about is what the next phase actually is -

Thanks for your thoughts Nicky

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"have cast the i ching with regard to my future now and recieved hexagram 42 - increasing"

Hex 42 is increase, a time to do things, prepare for the future because oneday increase will turn to decrease, so prepare for the future now and all will be well when the bad times roll around again.

"'What will Steve think of me now, will he think I'm a loser?' was hexagram 5 - waiting with changing line 6 to hexagram 9 "

Hex 5.6 don't worry what Steve thinks, you are perhaps a loser in his eyes at the moment but don't feel bad about it, others will come and give you the help and support that you need, accept their offer.

hex 9 there will still be some problems that must be cleared up regarding Steve's thinking, but through gentle chats with him about your job situation he will gradually get the true picture, and finally realise that you are not a loser but a secret winner.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Steve does not at all think you are a loser, Franka. He's simply surprised by the news, and is waiting to hear from you what the problem was. He is suspending his judgment until he hears from you. Sounds like a fair man.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Franka,

Without even going into the reading, from an outside standpoint, if I had been in Steve's shoes, i would not think you were a loser either. You resigned -- you weren't fired. Big difference. Plus, if you knew Steve before this job, he will wait, as Autumn suggested, to hear your version of the story.

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Franka,

Thanks for the feedback :)

franka said:
I was a bit intrigued about the three uninvited guests from line 6

It could be that the uninvited guests represent the person who told Steve of your departure before you had the chance to. Wilhelm writes of this line:
'Without a move on one's own part,there is outside intervention. At first one cannot be sure of its meaning: is it rescue or is it destruction?'
It's almost as though this person has stepped into your relationship with each other without invitation. If I was Steve (and it seems if Autumn and Elizabeth were as well :)) I would aknowledge what this person was telling me (honour them) and wait for the full story from you.

Nicky

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).