...life can be translucent

Menu

got my eye on a guy: 31.1.5--55

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
There is a gentleman that I tend to run into often in the hallways. We have taken some training sessions together but never really spoken aside from "hello" in passing. I know his name (bc I'm that way :)) but I doubt he knows mine. I asked the Yi what this person's role in my life would be in the coming six months. It told me Hex 31.1.5 and then hex 55.

The changing lines there mention the big toe and neck, respectively. The hex itself, 31, is wooing, but I'm assuming that is symbolic for something else. The line "Thus the superior man encourages people to approach him By his readiness to receive them" implies that I would have to DO something in order for us to formally meet. Is that so?

Hex 55 is abundance, which seems positive. But without an introduction or step forward, nothing will happen.

I live in a very traditional (some would say chauvinistic) society where women don't approach men/make the first moves. Any thoughts on what this means? Do i have to do something?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

(note: this is attempt two to post. Something happened the first time; i hope this is not a duplicate).

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi elizabeth,

"I asked the Yi what this person's role in my life would be in the coming six months. It told me Hex 31.1.5 and then hex 55."

Hex 31.1 he has gained a foothold.

Hex 31.5 he has now creeped up your back and more strongly into your thoughts.

Hex 55 well, I would say it would be good for you to be extra friendly with this guy, dating him will bring a glow to your cheeks, it will give you a new period of happiness. The old phrase, 'make hay while the sunshines' truly fits here.

Question, what type of place did you meet him (I said that you might meet somebody special in a place connected with nourishment, bars, schools, restaurants etc)

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=3223

Page 4 for futher info.

Last edited:

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
willowfox, thanks. Check your mailbox, i'll reply to your question there.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
elizabeth said:
The changing lines there mention the big toe and neck, respectively. The hex itself, 31, is wooing, but I'm assuming that is symbolic for something else. The line "Thus the superior man encourages people to approach him By his readiness to receive them" implies that I would have to DO something in order for us to formally meet. Is that so?

Hex 55 is abundance, which seems positive. But without an introduction or step forward, nothing will happen.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

(note: this is attempt two to post. Something happened the first time; i hope this is not a duplicate).

If I'd received this for this question I wouldn't get too excited. 31,1 might sometimes be about an attraction that actually gets off the ground, but in my experience its more of a whim, a passing fancy that fizzles out to nothing. Never found 31,5 held much intensity either though others may well difer there. 55 here I would take as an indication that this is as far as its going to go, its already peaked.

Just my view. Still as he doesn't even know your name yet who can tell.

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan, thanks for the input. If i had to go with my gut prediction, I would agree with you. I don't see it going further and I would have to (no doubt) put out immense effort to construct an introduction etc so... bummer but it's typical for me, so no great loss.

toganm

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Elizabeth,
I may be well off here but I think Yi is giving you a different message. I 'll try to put these messages together maybe you can see a bigger picture.

Under the Hex 31 name Wilhems commentary says " In courtship, the masculine principle must seize the initiative"

elizabeth said:
I live in a very traditional (some would say chauvinistic) society where women don't approach men/make the first moves.

Therefore, saying the name of the hexagram and what it tries to tell fits your environment in my view will not be way off.

Image of Hex 31 says
"Thus the superior man encourages people to approach him. By his readiness to receive them"

One needs to be ready for others to be approached. This readiness should be felt, seen by others.

31.1 says "the influence shows itself in the big toe"

Normally no one sees the big toe, as it is hidden in the shoe. However it can also mean the initiative starts with something that is not seen by others. Something only by the spirit, mind and body of the person that the toe belongs.

31.5 says "The influence shows itself in the back of the neck. No remorse"

Wilhems commentary says " if we can not be influenced by ourselves we can not influence the outside world"

Therefore one is able to influence self when remorse happens and one turns back to examine self and adjust/correct the acts or thoughts or emotions.

Now under the light of these read what you wrote.

elizabeth said:
I don't see it going further and I would have to (no doubt) put out immense effort to construct an introduction etc so... bummer but it's typical for me, so no great loss.

elizabeth said:
I would have to DO something in order for us to formally meet.

I think Yi is telling you to start looking your self carefully inorder to become ready to be approached by all means. 31.1 is the feet where you have connection with the earth so rooted in yourself connected with the receptivity of earth. Then 31.5 later which is related to the neck symbolicly the connection to heaven the creative. That means allow your mind and sprit to be freely flowing between heaven and earth where mankind is and ten thousand things come to life. That would lead to 55 Abundance/Richness in your life.

Of course I may be well off from the path it's just one another way to look at things.

Togan

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Togan, thank you. That is very helpful, and you may not be off the path at all. I appreciate your interpretation. It makes sense, given where I am in my life now and what has been going on, that the Yi would be saying this to me. I have been kind of feeling it lately inside myself as well -- like "let the sun shine through" and then I'll be approached. At any rate, it can't hurt to take that tactic so I will :).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).