...life can be translucent

Menu

The Forgotten Origins of the Western World ...

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I just asked the I Ching, What is your opinion of REALITY?

I received 33.3.4 - 20.
"Never seen it"?
"Don't know and don't want to know"?

33.3:
"Nerve - wraking and dangerous."

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
33.3:
"Nerve - wraking and dangerous."

Of course it is an issue of nerve cracking and it can pose a challenge to the fundamental belief to the established institutions.

rosada said:

I received 33.3.4 - 20.
"Never seen it"?
"Don't know and don't want to know"?

if you still remember the motto of "X-file" ...

snowman

visitor
Reaction score
Our "REALITY".

When it's time to go. The superior man goes, the inferior goes kicking and screaming.

Think about it.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
rosada said:

I received 33.3.4 - 20.

Withdraw from asking this question and contemplate reality instead.

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmenides

Quote:

The world of seeming (doxa): Parmenides' cosmogony

After the exposition of the arche, i.e. the origin, the necessary part of reality that is understood through reason or logos (that [it] Is) , in the next section, the Way of Appearance/Opinion/Seeming, Parmenides proceeds to explain the structure of the becoming cosmos (which is an illusion, of course) that comes from this origin.

The structure of the cosmos is a fundamental binary principle that governs the manifestations of all the particulars: "the aither fire of flame" (8, 56), which is gentle, mild, soft, thin and clear, and self-identical -- this is something like the masculine principle -- and the other is "ignorant night", body thick and heavy -- this is something like the feminine principle. Thus Parmenides' cosmogony is exactly like the yin-yang picture in Chinese cosmogony.

The mortals lay down and decided well to name two forms (i.e. the flaming light and obscure darkness of night), out of which it is necessary not to make one, and in this they are led astray. (8, 53-4)

The structure of the cosmos then generated is recollected by Aetius (II, 7, 1):

Parmenides says that there are coronas one enveloping or encircling another, one formed of rare [yang], and the other of dense [yin], others, mixed form of light and darkness, are in the middle. And Parmenides provides, surrounding all these, a [corona like a] wall of some kind, solid and just, under which is a corona of fire. And what is in the most center of all this [the core, kernel of the cosmos in the corona form] is again encircled by [a corona] of fire. And he provides the most middle [layer of corona] of the mixed coronas as the progenitor, for all beings, of all the movements and all the generations. He calls this [middle progenitor layer of corona] the goddess (daimona) that governs or that holds the key, or Justice (diken) or Necessity (ananke).

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
rosada said:
I received 33.3.4 - 20.

On a clear night, climb a mountain, and look up ...

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
33_> 20

As I see it, this refers to the central content of his books. I read through "Reality" and "Dark Places Of Wisdom", and though I could not abide his tone and teching method, I found of interest his teachings about Paramenides and the practice of "Incubation".

33 to 20 could be referring to that practice of incubation.

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
yly2pg1 said:
He calls this [middle progenitor layer of corona] the goddess (daimona) that governs or that holds the key, or Justice (diken) or Necessity (ananke).

love the greek logos. so rich.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).