...life can be translucent

Menu

To buy an appartement

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi!

Can you help me interpreting the hexagrams?
I have problems with the appartment I live in - I have a chance to buy it for a very low price but there are legal complications.

I asked Yi Jing:
Will I be able to buy the appartement?

I got: 8.4 ->changes to 45

There is a lot about people in this reading...I do have a good attorney who is helping me.
Does all that mean many agreements will have to be made or that there will be many people involved?

I have the feeling that the reading in general is promising, htese two hexagrams look quite positive. Or am I misinterpreting? Can you help?
Thank you!

J

jesed

It would be useful if you tell us the date when you did the question.

Best wishes

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Date? It was today, that is 13th of september, I posted the question here immediately afterwards.

Why does it matter?

Thanks!

void

visitor
Reaction score
I can't see why the date would matter - I think Jesed uses other methods of divination than the Yi Jing.

I agree with your view of it, it looks very promising, that there are people to help you and that you can openly trust them. This hexagram also advises not to procrastinate too long, time to declare that you wish to go ahead and you are happy to employ your attorney.

J

jesed

Just in case the commentaries could be useful:

Hi Void

The "scolarship method" (text analysis) is not the only "Yi Jing". There are 3 mayor ways to understand the answers of Yi Jing: the "scolarship method" (most common in Western culture), the "mathematical metod" also called King Wen's Method or Xian Shu Yi Xue, and the intuitive method also called Plum Blossom Method.

All 3 of them ARE "rea" Yi Jing.

Hi Moonrise
In the XIANG SHU YI XUE the date (day and month) have a high importance to understand the reading.
I have found that Xiang Shu Yi Xue is the best method when the question is a "predictive" question.

According with Xiang Shu Yi Xue
Day: Rat(water); Month: Rooster (metal); Subject Line: Moonrise; Object Line: Saler; Key element: House; Void elements: Dragon and Snake; Answer: 8.4

1.- Subject Line: Is Rabbit, under P aspect, means worries. Is weak in this season (metal f month destroyds wood) but with some straight in short terms (water of day produces wood). Rabbit is in conflict with Rooster of Month. That have a negative meaning: Moonrise is under great worries, and doesn't have enought straight in this season to achieve her goal.

2.- Key element: Is Snake. Month is making it weak indirectly (metal is 2nd opponent of fire) and day destroyds it (water destroyds fire). So this house have troubles to be sold.

3.- Object Line:Is Rat. Produced by month (metal produces water) and supported by day (same animal than day). Is under Money aspect. So, the saler is having a very good economical season. Maybe is expecting to sale the house in a high price.

4.- Moving Line: Is Monkey, under Good Luck aspect. Is moving to bound itself to the key element (Monkey combines with Snake) and destroyds Subject Line (metal destroyds wood). The resultant element, after change, is Pig, under Money aspect,wich benefit Subject Line (water produces wood).

5.- Void element: Snake is void,and is the key element. It means this Line is temporally absent and unuseful. You should wait until it emptiness ends.

6.- 3 combine elements: There is no 3 combine elements.

SUMMARY:
You are worried because you are having difficult times, and it seems hardly to get the house. The saler maybe is expecting to sale the house in a high prices, despite it have several troubles to be sold. Even more, the house's energy is empty; so it won't be sold in short time.
However, there is a small chance that good luck would resolve house's troubles and benefit you economicaly (I think not necessary you buy the house, but have a economical profit after all; on the other hand.it could mean that after several troubles and long time you finally get the house).
But, the hot spot of the answer is understand that if you try to buy this house (no matter if you finally succeded or not) you would put yourself in a hard time of worries. You should decide if the house worth it.

Best wishes

J

jesed

Just one personal thinking (I doesn't put my personal thinkings in the text above; just the interpretation of the hexagram).

Now, personaly, I think that even the actual price seems low, it could be overpriced if you take in consideration the legal troubles the apartment has to be sold.

It could be interesting check this posibility out. (LiSe's translation of line 4 in the hexagram 8 points to be selective in what you choose and don't choose on the first impression: "Do not choose a group on the base of wishes, hormones, advantage and other down-to-earth reasons")

So, maybe (and this is just one personal hipotesis) you could use this legal hindraces to get a better price (economical profit).

Hope to be useful.

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Jesed,

thank you for yout thourough explanation!

Well, I cannot get the appartement for a lower price than it already is, trust me
happy.gif
It is worth something like 55 000 euros and I can buy it for 4000 euros. The price is fixed, decided by the court. That is beacuse of a special law that was in case in our country at the time when these appartements went out for sale...it is to complicated to explain, but it is so. And I am not buying the appartement from an individual but from the country, so there is no negotiating with the price, it is set, determined. The only question is whether the country will sell it to me or I will loose the case and then I will have to rent the appartement and pay the rent every month.
It is a life time opportunity to get this appartement for almost no charge concidering its worth. Actually, it is a life opportunity to get the appartmeent at all for me...they are simply too costly. This is unique chance for me to get it.

There are legal complications not concerning the price but concerning my inheritance - I inherited the right to buy it for such price but some things were not put in order before my mother died so...I am facing it all now.

Yes, I am sure there will be worries, they are starting already but I have to put all the effort in achieving this. It is all I have, if I don't get this appartement, my life will become very difficult, it is the only asset I can have. I cannot afford the monthly rent.

Yes, I am worried but I still hope that the heaxgram showed some possibility that after all the effort this situation will be resolved in my favour. But I can imagine it will take time.

I asked Yi Jing again...I got the hexagram 37, unchanging. I don't really understand...maybe it is indicating the help from the family?? The money to buy the appartmeent will be coming from my dad. Any thougths?

Thanks again!

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Jessed

All of the 'methods' you mention are cognitive aproaches?

Ever read a generalist book on the art of divination?

chuckles

--Kevin

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Duplicate post removed

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Moonrise

8 Can be seen as a time where people and spirits were given a place to belong after Yu tamed the flood and created order. It is the beginning of a new time where there is order and belonging.

The trigrams point to the need to keep a steady focus in ones inner world in order to manage the flux and flow of unstable happenings in the outer world.

From the nuclear hexagram we see that stripping away the issues that have accumulated we release the opportunity.

From the reverse hexagram we find that the stimulus to this time is the need to organise things and set ones purpose moving on a firm footing ? like and Army.

This is a time for empowering others to move matters on.

The fourth line is a time where problems and quarrels are solved? You empower yourself to move forward.

This is all situated in the time of 45? Notice the Tuan Zhuan there? ?The King imagines possessing a temple? Advantageous Divination? There is a harvest.?

Now I wonder what sort of temple you imagined having.
happy.gif

Looks good to me.

Wish you well with it.

--Kevin

J

jesed

Hi Kevin

I can't understand the expression: "cognitive aproaches" (sorry). Hope you can explain me better what it means.

Hi Moonrise:
Of course, I was no telling you "don't buy it". Just be aweare there would be worries.

Now, related to your later post, I notice the Key element wasn't realy the House, but the final outcome of a lawsuit (or some kind of legal case).

That is a huge diference in a Xiang Shu Yi Xue interpretation???

In this case, the Key element (point 2 in my later post) is P aspect (beside the meaning of worries, is power, authority, judges or husband). That means the cort would be on your side.

And Object Line (Point 3 in my later post)is not the saler but the apartment, because the object of the legal case is the apartment. It means is a healthy apartment.

Point 4 also needs to be correct.- Moving Line: Is Monkey, under Good Luck aspect. Is moving to destroyds both Subject Line and Key element (metal destroyds wood). But the resultant element, after change, is Pig, under Money aspect, wich benefit both Subject Line and Key element(water produces wood). It means some lack of good luck, but excelent final outgoing that benefits you economicaly.

Of course SUMMARY also changes: In 5 words, you should win the case. Most probably in next month/day Pig (month: from November 7th to December 7th) or Rabbit (month: from March 7th to April 6th)

Best wishes

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Jessed

By cognitive I mean approaches to working with the Yijing which have a main focus on methods which are understood by the thinking mind.

There is another part of mind which when added to the cognitive methodology makes the whole sing and dance.

An example ? My nephew is down in London staying with me at the moment ? looking for work. He was coming back late last night and it is a fairly scary walk from the subway to my house ? So I went to meet him.

The thing was I did not know when he was returning? Could have been any time in a three/four hour window. By using non-cognitive aproaches (not using the Yijing at all) I arrived at the ticket barrier some 30 -40 seconds before he did and was able to walk him back along a safer route than the one he knew.

The point is ? to really use divination these other knowings are pretty essential ways of being. Without them divination by any ?cognitive? methodology is quite limited.

--Kevin

J

jesed

Thanks Kevin for the explanation

Ok, I asked you, in order to avoid misunderstandings. Because, in my opinion "Cognitive" means "Knowing". And there are several ways to Know: rational, emotional, intuitive. For me, all this ways are way to Know, so all of them are Cognitive aproaches.

If I would answer you before know what are you understanding with "cognitive aproaches", we couldn't undestanding each others.

Now... I guess the comentarie of mine that "makes noise" to you was about "scolarship", "mathematical" and "intuitive" methods.

You are assuming (I guess) that it means only "intuitive" method uses what you call "non-cognitive aproaches" (intuition, in this case) and "mathematical method" uses only what you call "cognitive aproache" (thinking mind).

If you are assuming this, you had misunderstanding what I had said: The names (scholarship, mathematical or intuitive) of the methods are just simplifications to put some order in the diferences between the methods.

But all 3 methods uses some "cognitive" aproaches AND some "non-cognitive" aporaches. Only in diferent ways.

Example: In "mathematical method" one have to choose wich line is the Key element. One have to use a "non-cognitive" aproach to do this. In the Moonrise's post about buy an apartment, I choose as Key element the line that represents the apartment; but after later post of Moonrise, I notice I was wrong: the key element was the Court. On the other hand, even "intuitive" method needs some little "cognitive" aproach to works (the rules to convert a date into an hexagram).

Finally. I just tell what I had learned, in case another people could find it useful, but I am nobody to tell another person if he is "really using" divination or not. Let's reality do that (Some people said that chinese people are quite practical, no so much speculations. I agree with that
happy.gif
): If I said you could win a lawsuit in September 2007; the reality would said if my divination was useful or unuseful. If you realy win the case in that month is useful; if doesn't, is unuseful. Don't you think?

Best wishes

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Jessed

Thanks for explaining.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I just tell what I had learned, in case another people could find it useful, but I am nobody to tell another person if he is "really using" divination or not.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Absolutely... it is all that should be done.

I picked up on what you were saying because there is a tendency for some folk not to perceive that a lot more can be done in divination by bringing the non cognitive (rational thinking part of our minds...

Thanks for comming back to explain.

--Kevin

J

jesed

Hi Moonrise:

One question, just to cross-check with reality.

Did your "topic" started between August 1st and September 17th?

Best wishes

J

jesed

I try to explain better:

According with traditional teachings, it Seems the Time you are living in this topic begin from February to First Week of March 2005; it seems the Time was set-up from First Week of June to July; so its seems your choises begin from August to First Week of September.

Is this correct?

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Jesed,

well, actually my topic started long time ago, it is an inherited problem.
But yes, I started to resolve it myself somewhere in august.

best regards

J

jesed

Hi Moonrise:

"well, actually my topic started long time ago, it is an inherited problem.
But yes, I started to resolve it myself somewhere in august"

Ok

It would be interesting review what happened around 17 March of 2005 (some days early, some days later) in the case. You could have a clue on what is the root of your actual situation.

Seems the help you need (text of line 4 in Hex 8) could be related to that clue

Best wishes

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Jesed,
I saw you reminded me of your reponse here, I am sorry, I haven't noticed it before.

around 17 march 2005? Hm, I don't know...nothing specific happened, at least I don't know about it.

But thank you for your clue, maybe something will come up!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).