...life can be translucent

Menu

Ten Wings

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
What are the names of the Ten Wings? I have seen one or two of them mentioned in various posts and would really appreciate it if someone would list them for me.

I do love a good list :D
TIA
beithe

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Taken from the abbreviations page of my Introduction

Gua Ci, the original or Zhou Yi Hexagram Text
Yao Ci, the original or Zhou Yi Changing Line Text, numbers 1-6
Tuan Zhuan, or Commentary on the Judgment, the 1st and 2nd Wings or Appendices
Da Xiang, or Overall Image, part of the 3rd and 4th Wings
Xiao Xiang, or Little Images, part of the 3rd and 4th Wings
Xi Ci Zhuan, the Commentary on the Appended Phrases, a.k.a.Da Zhuan, the Great Commentary, the 5th and 6th Wings
Wen Yan Zhuan, Commentary on Words of the Text, the 7th Wing
Shuo Gua, the Explanation of the Trigrams, the 8th Wing
Xu Gua, the Sequence of the Hexagrams, the 9th Wing
Za Gua, the Assorted or Miscellaneous Hexagrams, the 10th Wing

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
hi

Bradford
Is your introduction page on a website? And if so may I have the link please?
Thank you so much for your comment.

beithe

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Brad's site is www.hermetica.info. Here you will find his thundering great Yijing book, including translation and commentary. When the leather-bound gold-tooled version comes out, we will all line our walls with it, but for now we just have to download it for free.

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
hi

Thanks Hilary,
I feel as though I have moved up a notch..I only run quickly in and out of the Divination threads because they seem over my head. I know that it is a learning curve but I don't feel as though I have much to contribute at this point. Only more and more questions.:confused:

beithe :)

B

bruce_g

beithe said:
Thanks Hilary,
I feel as though I have moved up a notch..I only run quickly in and out of the Divination threads because they seem over my head. I know that it is a learning curve but I don't feel as though I have much to contribute at this point. Only more and more questions.:confused:

beithe :)

There never seems to be a shortage of good answers, Beithe. Good questions, that’s another matter. Personally, I learn more from a fresh pair of eyes than from a mouth with all the answers.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
bruce_g said:
There never seems to be a shortage of good answers, Beithe. Good questions, that’s another matter. Personally, I learn more from a fresh pair of eyes than from a mouth with all the answers.

Seconding that.
Maybe the best of all the things the Yijing has to teach is crafting and asking the right questions. That's rilly helpful with Google too.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).