...life can be translucent

Menu

8 to 45, groan

S

seeker

I have the most difficult time with these two hexes so getting them together is doubly difficult. I had been having no luck meeting anyone lately. A guy friend of mine took a look at my profile and suggested it was too narrow in what I was looking for, that if Im willing to go out just for fun, it should say that too. So I changed it, and have had a barrage of guys interested in well, physical fun. Great, so guys want to sleep with me, they just dont want to date me, nice. Anyway, Ive been talking to this one guy, seems nice and like maybe he is interested in more, but have not seen a picture yet and dont know much about him. Asked yi, what about this guy? 8.4 to 45

What should I do? 42.1.5 to 23

What do I need to know? 26.2 to 22

Im not sure what this is telling me. I could see it as a warning that this is the same as the others and be careful, or I could see it saying that this is moving on from that. Depends on the interpretation I use. Any ideas?

B

bruce

8-45: Hold inwardly and outwardly with what fate brings to you. But remember that you will bear the consequences, good and bad. Accept that as part of living.

42-23: Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but carrying baggage makes everything heavier.

26-22: Walking slows the pace so you don't get ahead of yourself.

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
seeker,
i am hanging out on this forum to get some mental stimulation and find the meaning of life.
i had to say that to someone, so thanks for listening.

now to the case in hand, you definately got a dating situation here with this guy. 8 is about pure mind in the void, finding subjects in commen and being amazed by coincidences; having something in commen is a naturally occuring cosmic function of life that is beyond any individual's ken: ask any Real Madrid fan. 8.4 say to take it personal, take it to heart, thats how in general we as superior human beings seperate ourselves from the lowly sheep, and definately what this guy wants from you, given the context of your question.

i think this guy may have a problem and you shouldnt ask about it, you should be discrete and a heroine, a true mensch about it (42.1.4). [but also 26.2 is the wheelchair line for me, related personally to a friend who was in one so maybe i'm being subjective.]
definately relevant is that 26.2 is a derailment, before dangerous action gets started.to be used to gain what knowledge you can, to make yourself stronger prettier wiser, but-its really hard for me to think without italics- don't try to pierce the veil of the future at this time (42.5).

you need to know that if its not the whole bundle wheels and carriage, sex and marriage its just a grace note to the book of dreams(26.2-22). i said i think this guy may have a problem- but it was safe to say because everyone does- i have a deep inner feeling that whether its this time this guy or not, things are going to start going good for you.

S

seeker

So, take it slow, dont rush into anything, dont hold what happened to me in the past against this guy, go forward and see what happens, my choices are my own and I have to take responsibility for them. Is that about right???

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
no, no , no! i told you, the coins told you, not to ask! something amazing is happening here, totally out of anybody's control. jump on the eagle girl. mix a red bull and vodka and call a cab.
let me know in the morning.
or now

yellowknife

visitor
Reaction score
Auriel, just had to say, loving your work!

And Seeker, 8,4 to 45 says bringing things together, to me anyway.
Also, oddly, when I saw the thread title, I thought, what a lovely reading about union, but because it said "groan" next to it, I thought "bet that's a Seeker thread". I'm not saying you're pessimistic, just that maybe it exemplifies for me how I sometimes hear your ambivalence about union and intimacy. Wanting it alot, but being scared of it (subconsciously).

Forgive me if that doesn't resonate, may be having a projecting sort of day.

Blessings
Wolverine.

B

bruce

Sometimes it takes awhile to dial-in where a particular interpreter is coming from. I must confess that as yet I have little understanding of Auriel?s answers or where he gets them from.

Auriel, care to share what translations you are using?

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Seeker,
8-45, when I first saw it, I thought what Wolverine says.. but I also thought, that's too good of an answer, it wouldn't be good to expect too much at this point.
And then, I saw Bruce's interpretation.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Hold inwardly and outwardly with what fate brings to you. But remember that you will bear the consequences, good and bad. Accept that as part of living. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Seems about right. Much more realistic. Not pessimistic. I would go with that, specially beacuse I respect Bruce's readings so much...
happy.gif

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
[Note to Bruce- i've been starting to think i should get to expressing myself less freneticly(30.1) (43.3);but (43.4)&(60.6). i guess i must (59.3.4) but where would that leave me? so make that(59.1.3.4). sometimes i feel like i am made out of sticks.
Several times a year i sell my "Portable Dragon" to the local 2nd-hand man but i usually buy it back(63.2). Also i study reflexology (pantanjali rules)]

B

bruce

Hi Auriel,

Nothing wrong with a good frenetic go, that I can tell. Now I have a better understanding of your context. Thanks.

Have you found much of a market for second-hand portable dragons? Lotsa times they just need recharging. Storage can be a bit of a problem, however. Hard to keep them buggers in one place for very long.

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
antiquarians, speculators, posers, ageing herbalists and the worst of the lot, collectors, all take interest. and- give back my man!-what's your context? if you'd be good enough to humor me- (1.6)

B

bruce

I don't really know what my context is. I sorta take things as it comes, ya know? The very last thing I want to take too seriously is my self. More like 4.2 than 1.6. I'm a minimalist, but do save those old dragons.

S

seeker

Ok, my original response was to Bruces interpretation, I crossed post w/Auriel. But now I am confused because you guys seem to disagree on the interpretation. As for his having a problem, I got the feeling from his profile that he, like me, has not had much luck with relationships. He did finally send a pic and he reminds me of one of my best friends from high school. So, I am looking forward to getting to know him better, but I am cautious. He sent the email through kinkos, stated he does not have a computer at home right now, uses the one at the library, but they dont have a scanner, so used the one at kinkos. Certainly possible, but after my recent experience with the guy who said he lived here, was on business in Africa and then tried to get me to send him money, I am a bit wary.

Wolverine, the groan wasnt about union, was about that I got 2 hexes together, neither of which I understand well. However, you got me pegged actually. I do want someone, yet when I think about actually being with someone, longterm, it is scary, probably because I do not have a great track record.

Ok, so just for a new twist, apparently Auriel was right about good things starting, because as of last night I have a second guy interested. This is more responses than I have had in months. Completely different from the first one, younger, incredibly gorgeous, not as refined, probably looking for just fun, but at least willing to talk and go out, get to know each other. Im more drawn to the second one, but is it because of what Wolverine said about my backing away from union. What does it say that I am more drawn to the just fun guy?? So I asked Yi how to proceed with the first guy? 63 unchanging, again seems to be move cautiously. what about the second guy? 22.1.3 Is this saying Ive got it pegged, superficial fun only realationship or are the moving lines and resulting hex saying to look past that and find the beauty in it???

Well, at least I am generating conversation, though I admit to being totally lost with Auriel and Bruces conversation, but I am usually lost in some way
happy.gif

S

seeker

Also occurred to me that the second reading might be a comparison of the two men. Could line 3 be saying not to be drawn to the pretty packaging of the second guy, go with the substance of the first???

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
its really a book "the Portable Dragon"
i reccomend it
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #739,592

S

seeker

ok, felt like I was missing a metaphor. Whats the book about?

Ok, so continued with my reading, always ask what to do and what do I need to know, and today I am actually being good and stopping there
happy.gif

So, the plot thickens, asked what do I need to know about guy #1, 26.1.3.4. Now line 1, always scares me, I know different people have different interpretations, but it has never meant anything good for me, yet does not seem to fit with the 45 to 8 reading, unless that reading was about caution which would go along with 63. Asked what to know about guy #2, 48 unchanging. Just to throw a monkey wrench into everything.

Ok, so I see that I am getting into my usual runaway train mode, so I will stop now and let this sink in a bit. Anyone who has an idea please feel free to respond. Thanks

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Just pointing out something everyone misses about 08 and 45, and the lines which connect them. I'm not going to explain this - just offering food for thought.
Both gua are water over earth, but there is a big difference in the boundaries of the water. Natural flow between limits is most important to 08. Having good boundaries all around, and maybe only one leak (or spillway) is more important in 45. In 45 we want to keep the reservoir full or the resource secure.

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
seeker,
since you got 26 twice about #1, could be he is the one to learn from, be serious with. 26.2 of the 1st reading now seems to mean he has broken up with someone recently(explaining the 63) and is looking for some fun. the (26.1.3.4) 2nd reading has him scared of a relationship (1) but a good partner at heart who'll do what you want (3) and (4) he's got a strong libido but he's got it under control, the 3&4 lines together mean its potentially under your control.
man 2, this 22.1.3 has you being superficial and exasperated with him- i see maybe petty fights and reunions all out of your control, a simple, natural boy-girl progression, having to go through all the stages, to get the waters of love (48) from him. You cant go to the well too many times in this life, without damage, but that's where the action is- or it could also and/or mean he's a barfly. i choose #1; but i always root for the underdog.
by the way i am 99 and a half years old but i feel 5 years younger, at least when i remember to take my medicine.
the Dragon book is made up of quotes from world lierature coresponding to lines in the I Ching. . .

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Auriel,

can I have the name of your medicine?
biggrin.gif

S

seeker

ok, lots to digest there. Interesting note about guy #1, got his full name from the email he sent, checked him out (Im an investigator, its what I do
happy.gif
). He does exist, nice to know, but no SS# connected to him, which would indicate not from this country. Odd, as he appears to have been here since at least 1998, but you usually have to at least have a government issued ss# to work under. Will continue to proceed cautiously, but could any of this be what is reflected in the reading??

As for guy #2, does not seem he will be a flash in the pan. 48 always indicates something significant for me, usually some change in my perspective or where I stand, but generally a major impact.

Well, gee my life is a roller coaster and it looks like we are coming up on another hill, keep your arms and hands inside the car and hold on.

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
y'know the ones that age their herbs properly.
well-perserved, i mean

seeker,
if i was only 89 again, you'd call me a well of wisdom, and be glad of the chance
i also dont have no ss# 'cause i was a lover not a worker
WISDOM OF THE DAY
"a strong yin controls two yangs"

[note to Bruce; what does it mean in 2.2, to have yellow underpants?]

S

seeker

Auriel, I think you are one of those people who is a well of wisdom at any age
happy.gif
So am I the yin, cause I never have much luck being in control when it comes to men.

So, things just get better and better. I had pndered the above readings all night and was still having some difficulty. This morning I asked for a clearer picture of where I was headed with guy #1 38.2 to 21, line 2 can be interpreted as someone you learn from, like you stated for the reading above. But Lise interprets as living your own life, which I read as making choices based on what you really want. For guy #2, same question I got 35.3 to 56. Lise translates line 3 as basically creating prosperity by having a positive attitude. The resulting 56 throws me a bit, unless it is referring to his or my current condition. I have definately been the wanderer for a while. But appears that may be coming to an end. You know how they say when it rains it pours, well it is now raining men, hee hee. I got two emails yesterday from yet a third guy asking me out. Jury is still out on this one, he definately seems just for fun, hex 16 unchanging.

Funny how life works, I was just lamenting the other day how I had not been out for a while, no one was interested.

So, are you sure you got that 2.2 right? I know there are several lines that refer to yellow garments, but the translations I have for 2.2 are all about being square and straight???

S

seeker

Not sure what to make of this. Guy #1 has email everyday, seems ok, has answerd all my questions, he is sick this weekend so we tentatively planned to meet next weekend. I thought about giving him my phone number so he wouldnt have to keep running to the library to email me, but when I asked Yi I got 36, wht should I do 63.5.6. I feel like Yi is telling me to be cautious, but not sure if I am misreading it. 36 seems to say back off, the moving lines of 63 I interpret as move cautiously and sincerely. When I asked for more info about 36, I got 62.3.4. which seems very cautious. Any ideas about what is going on here? I think I am having one of those not seeing the forest for the trees moments.

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Wow, Seek, you sure seem to be asking *lots* of questions these days...

:)

- Jeff

S

seeker

Was that a subtle smack in the forehead? I have stopped asking as I realized the above readings were basically telling me the same thing with subtle nuances. See, I can learn and it didnt even take a two by fore between over the head this time
happy.gif

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Well, I'm very subtle sometimes. Or something. At least I think I might be. Erm, something like that...

:)

- Jeff

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).