...life can be translucent

Menu

Birth Hexagrams????

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
HeyLiSe mentioned in Divination that 13.5 was her birth hexagram. How do you find these?

thank you

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My own take is that having a birth hexagram that stays with you your whole life
flies right in the face of the whole idea of Changes.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
bradford said:
My own take is that having a birth hexagram that stays with you your whole
flies right in the face of the whole idea of Changes.

Scary indeed. You could be Bruce and draw a 9.6 as your birth hexagram... :D

L

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I met someone who does birth hexagrams based on time, date and location. She tells her clients three hexagrams: their life struggle (what they are born into), their path of destiny (what they have to go through), and the opposition that they face (what impedes forward progress). How she does the calculations, I don't know, but there are no changing lines.

yong

visitor
Reaction score
beithe said:
HeyLiSe mentioned in Divination that 13.5 was her birth hexagram. How do you find these?

thank you

(1) You will get your Lower Trigram from this birthchart - your inborn trait.

(2) For Upper Trigram, that will come from your adaptation to life "context" or in brief - your OUTLOOK, something you have learned thru life, your upbringing that constitutes your normal response to simulus. Each trigram represents different "attitude and approach" to life and surroundings. That will shape your Upper Trigram - your outside world.

111 - enforce your will and wish into situation and context
000 - assimilate/melt into context
001 - keeping still and viewing / detach from a context
...etc

Last edited:

yong

visitor
Reaction score
Another method is via MBTI.
That will give you a hexagram.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.hall-of-man.com/

I don't see it as "this is it for once and for all". It is derived from your Chinese signs, the ones of the year (which many people know: rat, dragon, snake and so on), and of month, day and hour. The hour decides most of all the changing line. It is about as 'rigid' as knowing your Chinese sign, or your astrological one. Something you can play with, but which seldom is much more than that. As 'fact' that is. It can be a great tool for looking inside. Through 13 I discovered traits I had always denied or overlooked. Only by wondering what 13 meant, or Sagittarian, or Dragon, or Virgo, or being a mutable sign, or having quite a number of planets in a fixed sign.

None of those things restricted me, but they all made me wonder and gave me new insights. What does not apply, according to your own feelings, you just skip.

LiSe

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That's a nice link, LiSe! Thanks.

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Darn! I feel discriminated against!! The site only works for people born North of the Equator... :(

Well, I guess I wasn't born then, which means I don't have to die either. :D

L

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm totally confused. I got 4 hexagrams all with changing lines. They aren't necessarily unchanging, then? What's the difference between having a changing line or not having one?

The first one is birth hexagram, then there is a "later nature" hexagram. What is this?
Then, below those, there is a "complementary yin/yang" hexagram and a later nature hexagram for this one.

What do they all mean?

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
^What Autumn said...

I found the old thread here, yesterday, and tried some of the links mentioned. I think Hall of Man used to be Way of heaven? Anyway I found Hall of Man finally and totally by accident.

What Autumn said up above....

I used psychicsophie.com (or whoever) yesterday and came up with 58 changing to 60 if you also use your birth time and calculate it the same way. Or I suppose it could be 13 if you do not reduce the final numbers.

Anyway...
Hall of Man says I am Hex 2 along with several others later life, etc. And I wonder if I did the DST correctly. born at 5:35p.m. in July, you have to put in the proper offset so I put in 1 hour.

I have no idea why this has become important to get right . But it has. If anyone has any idea about any of this. Please throw some my way.
thanks
beithe

J

jesed

Hi beithe

Just in case the comment could be useful

I had learned another way; not based in Ba Zi (chinese atrology), but in Yijing's 8 Houses or 8 palaces. I had learned from the same circle of studies where Wilhelm and Jung share their aproaches to Yijing and the Secret of the Golden Flower

In this method, if you had born in July, then you belong in your external activity to the House of Water. You can see in Wilhelm's work, at the end, the table of the hexagrams wich belong to Water House, and meditate how they could clarify the way you interact with others, and the way you behave in the external world (job, relations, love, creativity...) and find some lessons to be learned to improve your external activity.

If you could know the (aproximate) date of your conception, that would point the House wich you belong in your inner world (spirituality, True Self-Nature, rol to develop in this life, Way to Return to the Source).

Best wishes

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
Hi jesed
That is why 58 made more sense to me. lake/lake. I am cancer with sag ascending. I am a water sign/moon sign. K'un doesn't make very much sense to me as I know myself.If my birthday is July 6th (well it is.. no maybe about it) Then I must have been conceived in November of the previous year. I would say early/middle of the month of Nov. because I think my mother went a fair while past her due date. I have always procrastinated.:D

Can you direct me to the proper website or book? So many of the links that are posted on old threads are gone or changed it is frustrating to try and ferret anything out.

thanks
beithe

J

jesed

Hi beithe

Just a clarification. House of Water is not just Kan

The House of Water includes:

(every time you get one of those hexagrams, beside you can apply it to the concrete question; you can know that something mayor is happening in your life: an "omen", in the sense Allan Lian talks in his blog)

Water is sign of wisdom and transformation. High spirituality. The Path to learn Sagehood and to Walk in this World and Life with the Way; but in July 6, is Young Water: you won't learn from others, but from your own experience.. even if you must take riskes... you would take them and you would learn more from dificulties. That is the way to mature for a Young Water

In order to walk the Path of Water one needs (I also born on July 6)
60 clarify and discern the priorities
3 and 63 learn how to solve chaos into order
49 changes, social commitment
55 take decisitions, lose the minor to achive what is important
7 self discipline
36 chose the Light and beware from darkness

This are mayor issues to be learned in this life.

No website, no comercial books.

Best wishes

Last edited:

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to us jesed :)

Thank you for the clarification. The website "Hall of Man" apparently uses a different method for natal hexagrams. According to them I am K'un earth/receptive. And that made no connection with me at all. Of course, astrologically (Chinese) I am also a monkey :eek: and I have never been able to become comfortable with that either. So maybe it is me.

In order to walk the Path of Water one needs (I also born on July 6)
60 clarify and discern the priorities
3 and 63 learn how to solve chaos into order
49 changes, social commitment
55 take decisitions, lose the minor to achive what is important
7 self discipline
36 chose the Light and beware from darkness

7 is the cross I bear. 3 and 63 I only seem to be able to do for others. 55 Is anything MINOR???:rofl:

Okay. jesed how do I find my natal hexagram from this method you have used. Or is it all of the above hexagrams????

thanks so much
beithe

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Cancer is cardinal water, and cardinality corresponds to "young" in Western Astrology, so interesting.

Well, Beithe you also got an unchanging hexagram and I'm not pleased that I don't know what my my changing birth hexagram means but I guess I'll have to read the stuff on the site. I wanted someone to just tell me. Mine is 52.4 (56).

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
On second thought, don't tell me. It most likely means my life is cursed with my luck.

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
On second thought, don't tell me. It most likely means my life is cursed with my luck.

I just don't want to be dirt. So there.:duh: After all what do you get when you mix water and dirt???? MUD!

I don't want to be a muddy monkey.:hissy:

J

jesed

Hi beithe

Yes.. it is a difernt method

In this one, the date of born points to the entire House (not one birth hexagram) describing your Path in the external world. In your case, House of Water. And the date for conception points to the entire House describing your Path in the inner world.

If you convert those houses to trigrams (inner- low trigram; and outer- high trigram, you can derivate one "natal" hex of your personality)

In previous threads I had described the relation trigram-dates for this method.

Best wishes

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks jesed you are such a help.:)

If I wander through the archives maybe I can find them. I have H Meskers article "The Eight Houses" that I found through the Great Vessel and Harmen's old site. I hope this is the same thing your referring to although I don't believe it has anything in it about natal hexagrams I need to understand the basic thought process behind it.

Thanks again
beithe

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
beithe said:
I have no idea why this has become important to get right . But it has.
And I have no idea either, but I went over to hall-of-man to enter my birth details, too. (6pm, 7th December, London, if anyone wants to calculate anything from this!)

What is the attraction of being told something like this? Perhaps it's the same as the attraction of personality questionnaires. But a) why do we want a birth hexagram, and b) if we want to know such a thing, why do we want it to derive from a calculation? Why don't we just ask Yi in the old-fashioned way?

Genuinely mystified here...

J

jesed

hilary said:
7th December, London
Thanks a lot Hillary. When I first knew your work, I assumed that you were born under the House of Wind. Nice confirmation.

Best wishes

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
Hilary said

What is the attraction of being told something like this? Perhaps it's the same as the attraction of personality questionnaires.

Maybe it is like having a baseline medical test. You have a point of departure from that point on. Having the 'knowledge' of a birth hexagram might give you a point of departure/starting point that would help you focus on a particular path within yourself. I know that everything I have done or studied in past years has been a search for finding my place or my task in this existance.

And maybe it is no more than knowing what I want and need to be content and the simple fact is I keep seeing those things slip away from me. Probably I believe that somewhere it is written out for me what it i s that I am missing. The point. A tool. Something to work with and on other than the things I already do. Kharma. I guess something that pertains to birth, before your a cognizant individual, might be a map of where to go and I want to see if it tells me where I have already been.

beithe

frank_r

visitor
Reaction score
searching who we are?

hilary said:
What is the attraction of being told something like this?

Yes, why do we want to know what we are? I´m a sagitarius, a pig, a white dog, have house of fire on the outside, house of the mountain from the inside, natal hexagram 61 line 2(nice one I think), and later nature calculation 32 line 5.

So when I don't know who I'm now, I will never find out.

But everytime I can calculate something I can't leave it, but I'm lucky because my wife also wants to know "what she is". And that's at least a evening we can talk about what and why we are like we are. :)

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, we want to know what we are, our place or our task. So suppose you wrote down in your Yi Journal, "What is the hexagram of my birth?" and took out your coins/stalks/beads/software. Would that feel the same? And if not, why do you think that is?

Jesed, now you have me thoroughly intrigued. What's the significance of being born under the house of Wind?

J

jesed

Hi Frank

frank_r said:
have house of fire on the outside, house of the mountain from the inside
I know your are being rethoric here, but this is an imposible combination (unless you are not human :D)

Best wishes

J

jesed

Hi Hillary

The rol in the world of a Magician (a wonderful woman magician one, for me).

Among other characteristics, some one who can use Philosophy and Spirituality in a very practical way; one who loves changes, but not in a revolucionary way, but like gradual and natural adaptation.

Best wishes

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
jesed said:
Hi Frank

I know your are being rethoric here, but this is an imposible combination (unless you are not human :D)

Best wishes

So, if I were born on March 18 then my birth hexagram is 43. Lake over Heaven. Is that how you're calculating this?

J

jesed

Hi autumn
Yes (although we don't call it "birth hexagram"... but Self-Nature and Rol)

Now, March 18 is tricky, because is too close to the border-line between Earth and Lake. So, you can see the calculation as Lake; and just in case, also see the calculation as Earth

If you were a 9-months baby, yes; it would be 43 (or 11, if Earth applies)

Best wishes

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).