...life can be translucent

Menu

56-31 - Unusual Book Project -

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Seekers,

This is Anita again. Much has been happening - someone from London happened to see my art (in a picture of me) and wants to buy all my work for a gallery he aims to open. He says it's extraordinary talent. And just two days later this 28 year old actor/screenwriter/novelist from Sydney contacted me through my yahoo profile to collaborate on a book written solely through chat . Interracial relationship, older woman , younger man, both of us roleplay basically ourselves as characters in the novel. I've checked him on webcam so I know he's genuine. Very cute too, and pretty smitten by me.

I asked how the novel would go and drew 56, lines 5 and 6 changing to 31. I do see that line 5 is great, but 6 isn't, yet it leads to 55 - Abudnace being top line moving. Which is good as is 31. Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I asked how the novel would go and drew 56, lines 5 and 6 changing to 31."

Hex 56.5 says you want to join with this guy and do the book, so you proceed and strike a deal, in the process you gain new friends down in Sydney and the deal is accepted by the guy.

Hex 56.6 this line is only warning you to be careful, don't get carried away by your enthusiasm to do the book, be sure to check all the details involved. So be adaptable and willing to work closely with this guy, basically don't rock the boat.

Hex 31 this describes a situation where you are attracted to the guy in order to form a business relationship, you are attracted by the offer to do a book together and this will lead to a successful partnership.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Congratulations on being discovered, Circe!

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you so much Willow for your reading. I needed that! And Rosada, thank you!

Any more comments?

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks Rainshower!

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Anita. You are a really interesting person. I've read many of your archived posts from years back.

56.5 (33) is common line to draw in professional partnerships. There was a question about this about a month ago. http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=3712

In this reading, and probably in yours, someone is making a deal with someone else to make a strategic, upwardly mobile move. If the strategic objective are met, (56.5>33), then a gulf of separation is somehow bridged, (33.6>31). I am using the transitional hexagram to examine how this influence in the reading plays out. There is also a warning in 56.6, though, about perhaps over-stepping boundaries or using foreign connections inappropriately.

I would read this positively, and yet be wary of how this is benefitting this young man. Does he want to leave Austraila, (I assumed you were talking about Sydney, Austrailia)and is not able to? I am assuming that foreign connections are a part of this reading.. You are not in Austrailia?

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Anita, after reading Autumn's post, I wonder if you might want to consider asking Yi about his character.

Rinda

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Character reading

Hi Autumn,

Thanks for the compliment! This guy is a New Zealander who lives in Sydney. And has expressed the intention to one day travel to India where I am - in Bangalore. Maybe that's what 56 signifies, besides of course, hopefully a good book deal.

Rinda, I asked the Yi about his character and got 53 - lines 2,3,4,5,6 moving to 40. Thanks for your concern. What do you think?

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Also let me add, Autumn, that he has not expressed a desire to move to India - just that he's never been here and will like to see the place. And see me of course! Perhaps the warning is about me using him to push my other work. He has signed up with a major literary agent in New York. He says he intuitively felt (by my profile on yahoo) that we could collaborate on a book. He says he's very psychic. I think the book will be an adventure to write together, regardless of what the end result may be. Also, both of us will save copies of our chats, so the material is generally available to both of us - till maybe a later date when we put it all together and revise, etc. He will have to fill in his point of view through the character he plays, and same goes for me.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think? How does it strike you? It was your question, even though I suggested it. I think Yi adapts to each inquirer. It knows I look at things line by line, even with many changing lines, and I don't know your practice in that.

If you generally just look at the unchanging line when you get 5 changing lines, I'd say it meant to trust your gut with regard to his motives and abililty to follow through....

Rinda

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
I would interpret 53>40 positively. In fact, I'd read some of this specifically as saying, "Others are concerned about his character, but you are not".

Line 1 is stable, and line 1 according to Wilhelm reads, "The situation is that of a lonely young man who is just starting out to make his way in life. Since no one comes to help him, his first steps are slow and hesitant, and he is surrounded by danger. Naturally he is subjected to much criticism. But these very difficulties keep him from being too hasty, and his progress is successful."

Looking at the fanyao of 53.1, 37.1, also communicates a sense of knowing that this person is at heart "one of your kind".

Looking at the highly dynmaic 53>40 from a holistic perspective, he is making his spiritual development a priority, and seeks release from his lower nature.

Anyway- that's how I'd read it.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Circe my take on 53 - 40 was pretty instinctually this guy is a 'fly by night' and I wouldn't be suprised if you are among a number of 'older' women he has contacted with such a scheme. I guess for me its just a sense of unseemly haste ripping through 53 to disapear without a trace at 40 so I'm seeing that as the picture in my mind. I saw 56,5 as you being 'targeted' also for a purpose not especially in your interest.56,6.

Still this wouldn't make alot of sense unless he had something to gain from you. Whats in it for him ? Are you open to being exploited if you go ahead with him in any way ?

Ah well my take is just a quick reaction to how I saw the 53 -40, I'm not so keen on judging anothers character soley by the Yi, but I would advise some reticence with him and a good dose of cynicism about his flattery.

However like Rinda says your gut feeling about this answer is really what is most important and what you need rely on. As you have been divining for many years now you must have an inkling, a gut feeling about this answer ?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
" I asked the Yi about his character and got 53 - lines 2,3,4,5,6 moving to 40."

Hex 53.2,3,4,5,6 suggests that he is looking forward to the book project, but has to learn patience and let the book develop natuarally. Perhaps some changes to the format will have to be made later but after some discussions the problems will be sorted out. There may be some problems from outsiders who are jealous but in the end a good result will be achieved.
I think that this shows his commitment to the book project which will be true and long lasting. He will show his true character slowly, that he can be generous, virtuous, sincere, perhaps a bit shy and gentle.

Hex 40 suggests that he maybe a bit moody at times and needs to release some past mistakes or regrets in order for him to cleanse his soul. All in all it shows that once he gets to grips with the book all should go well, as it is a release for him, a release from his past.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all your takes on this! It's interesting that you bring up the idea of spirituality - because this guy is rather spiritual and our novel is really a sort of spiritual romance (I steered it there and he jumped at it). It's almost like the Yi is telling the story of the book. Lonely young man looking for spiritual cleansing. And he finds it through me and my path - in the novel at least! How do I feel about him? I think he seems pretty genuine and don't think he'll contact other older women - unless they can write and be spiritual at the same time, AND be attractive to him. I think for 'actors' attraction is important and we are actors in the novel, after all. If he can exploit me, so can I. I can write to his literary agent. I can use the material we gather towards my own ends. I can, but I won't. Unless he cheats me in some way - and to prove he's doing this project with me - I have our emails to each other. He's not an unknown figure at all.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Update here for anyone thats interested. My writer has gone off to South Africa to shoot some movie, and says we will continue when he gets some time. So perhaps 53 is still panning out. On the other hand he strikes me as not very talented in the writing arena - the last chapter - only our third one - was quite a disaster and we'd agreed to redo it. Lord knows if we will resume this project.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).