...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 30.6 Leading to 55

jr_chembro

visitor
Reaction score
Hi All,

My question was "What can I expect from being a Lawyer". My interpretation of the reading is that it is favorable that I study Law. And Hex 55 talks about lawsuits too! Any other opinions?

Best Regards,
Henry

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"My question was "What can I expect from being a Lawyer". My interpretation of the reading is that it is favorable that I study Law. And Hex 55 talks about lawsuits too! Any other opinions?

Hex 30.6 says that you must study long and hard, and that you must cut out any bad habits, such as getting drunk, all night parties and laziness. Discipline is what is needed.

Hex 55 does indeed suggest that you can become a lawyer.

I know that your question was asking what you can expect but the answer you received is telling you that you can become a lawyer if you really work hard but by choosing law then you already know what to expect. If you become a criminal lawyer then you can expect lots of crooks and court appearances; basically lots of paper work, court time, judges, other lawyers and police.

jr_chembro

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox,

"I know that your question was asking what you can expect but the answer you received is telling you that you can become a lawyer if you really work hard but by choosing law then you already know what to expect. If you become a criminal lawyer then you can expect lots of crooks and court appearances; basically lots of paper work, court time, judges, other lawyers and police."

Does that mean that if I put in the required discipline and hard work, my criminal law practice will get great business? And why do you suggest criminal law? How about commercial law?

And is Hex 55 "Abundance" also indicating that this period of abundance is temporary and will decline?

Regards,
Henry

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Does that mean that if I put in the required discipline and hard work, my criminal law practice will get great business? And why do you suggest criminal law? How about commercial law? "

You initial question was about whether studing law, be it criminal or commercial, was okay, and the answer came back as a positive. Hard work, long hours and discipline. But, I do think that hex 55 leans heavily towards criminal law.

So, what do you mean, " my criminal law practice will get great business?" I presume from your first question that you are not even a registered lawyer yet, and if that is the case, I would not worry about a law practice that does not exist yet.

If, hex 55 was to be applied to a law practice, then it would indeed suggest that business would be very good but a decline in business comes later. So why would there be a decline if you were so good at the start? But this question is about your potential, not the business potential.

jr_chembro

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox,

Thanks very much for your input. Am I correct in my understanding that since my question to I Ching was about "potential" and not "business", the decline will not be very relevant?

Best Regards,
Henry

B

bruce_g

I'm seeing 30.6 as describing strong but fair judgment of criminals, as opposed to civil law suits. To stretch it a bit, it looks more like you'd be working for the prosecution rather than for the defense.

Thinking a bit more about this, I can not say any certainty that criminal law would be more likely than civil law. It's just an impression.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Thanks very much for your input. Am I correct in my understanding that since my question to I Ching was about "potential" and not "business", the decline will not be very relevant?"

Hex 55 does suggest that you can become a lawyer but what you do with your degree afterwards is an entirely different story, so the decline is not relevant in the short term. But of course you still have to study.
In actual fact hex 55 does not suggest a lawyer, it suggests a judge. So, perhaps the ultimate goal here is to become a judge of criminal cases.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).