...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 33 and 34

alo33

visitor
Reaction score
I asked 2 questions concerning a relationship. The first was "What is the sitution between *** and I at this time?''. The answer was 33 unchanging. Made sense, since things had gotton a little intense and we've had very little contact in the past few weeks, although we still get along fine.

The question was basicly "what action do I best take regarding this relationship?". The answer was 34 unchanging.

This was three days ago and I'm still trying understand it and have so far taken no action. I can see how that these two are related, but exactly how I don't quite understand yet. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Alo33:

"what action do I best take regarding this relationship?" - 34 unchanging

34 is about having a firm purpose, focusing your strength and going forward. Karcher says about this:

Great drive and power manifest themselves. Focus this strength through a central idea, but beware of hurting others by being excessive. You must be able to hold on to your strength. Correct one-sidedness. Correct your own path.

I wonder if where you're getting stuck is that it's telling you to proceed (and also how to go forward), but not WHAT to do. I think that's what Karcher means when he says focus this strength through a central idea. Do you have central idea? Do you know yet what it is that you would like from this situation?

I'm not asking you to answer here--just that figuring that out may be a way to illuminate the situation for yourself. It looks like once you uncover that, the Yi Jing seems to be saying to go ahead.

Miakoda

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting Miakoda. I find Alos answers really difficult, couldn't imagine what the 34 after 33 was saying. (Often get 34 unchanging myself for a variety of questions and don't quite get the advice)

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Trojan. I didn't really address the idea that 33 and 34 are related. If they are related in this case, it could possibly be that the strength of 34 (Karcher says that the ideogram portrays a robust man, stout and strong as a tree) is causing Alo's intended partner to retreat, but that would be purely guessing. I'm not sure that it's necessary to connect the two in order to find the best action.

Miakoda

L

lightofreason

(1) 34 is the rotation of 33.
(2) 33 covers competitive enticement, to draw in and then 'attack', it covers the use of trickary.
(3) 34 covers invigoration, to actively stir up (as compared to its opposite that passively stirs up (20)

In the traditional sequence hexagram 33 pairs with hexagram 34.
This pairing reflects a generic focus on Drive/Push:

33 : push by pull, drive (deceitful) - through withdrawal/trick; 33 withdrawal/trick comes from a context [infrastructure] described by hexagram 49 - revolution, unmask, revelation - http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/lofting/x111100.html

34 : push, drive (open) - through invigorate, motivate; 34 invigorate comes from a context [infrastructure] described by hexagram 50 - transforming - http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/lofting/x001111.html

Click on the hexagram symbol on these pages for another page of information.

Chris.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What is the situation between *** and I at this time?''. The answer was 33 unchanging."

Hex 33 withdraw from contact for whatever reason. Usually means retreat from a situation due to conflict but you say nothing is wrong between the two of you, so you have only withdrawn biding you time until you meet again, recuperating your strength, perhaps.

"what action do I best take regarding this relationship?". The answer was 34 unchanging."

Hex 34 I believe this is telling you that now is not the right time to push this relationship because he would only encounter resistance, just let it amble along for the time being. Wait for a better time to initiate any changes. You either feel in a commanding position or exited but better you you remain patient now is not the time to try and dominate the relationship, basically keep your enthusiasm bottled.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).