...life can be translucent

Menu

Career Paths...

marshy

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I Ching and I have been contemplating on my next possible career steps...

a) A general advice about choosing career path A with company X
7.1.4.6>38

b) A general advice about choosing career path B with company Y
58.3.4.5>11

I tend to prefer path B, though it suggests quite some difficulties, but would love to hear your takeaways on these too.

Thanks in advance for considering my request.

Cheers,

Marshy

B

bruce_g

Have to say, Marshy, I'd keep looking or hold what you've got (if anything). Neither sounds very promising. The first looks grueling while the second looks a bit flaky.

What is it about A and B that leads you to consider those career paths?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I Ching and I have been contemplating on my next possible career steps...

a) A general advice about choosing career path A with company X
7.1.4.6>38

b) A general advice about choosing career path B with company Y
58.3.4.5>11

a. In a word, struggle. But with a lot of hard work, compromises you can succeed and advance here.

b. Hex 58.3,4,5 is basically saying that this is the wrong career path to follow, not a good working environment. So better you stay where you are until you have made up your mind exactly what you want, because at the moment you are too indecisive to make a correct choice, this will give you peace of mind.

marshy

visitor
Reaction score
Bruce, Willowfox,

Thank you so much for sharing your view on this reading with me.

Hmm..., regarding option A, I'm really not sure how hard a work this could be... In general, it is a job that I have been doing for over two years now. Just with a different company in another industry, but otherwise quite the same. Option B is the real tough and challenging one. It means long working hours and lots of travel - the former I am not afraid of, the latter I really enjoy... but this also means no personal life... which is what makes me hesitate...

Anyway, the way I understood 7.1.4.6>38 was: Line 1 - That team you are looking to join has a strict and kind of stiff structure. Your career progress might also be limited. Line 4 - You'll have to comply to strict rules. No room for expressing your ideas will be present. Line 6 - You can do better than this. You can set more ambitious goals. Hex 38 - It's definitely not your place. You might achieve some little things, but won't feel satisfied.

On the other hand, the way I understood 58.3.4.5>11 was: Line 3 - It's still quite early to target this company. Wait for the right time to come. Line 4 - You have to first make sure that option B is exactly what you want. If you are not fully committed, it might become a pretty unpleasant experience. Line 5 - well, to be honest, I don't quite understand it. Hex 11 - If you deliberately and consciously chose this option, if you decide to be and actually are fully committed to this option, success will follow pretty soon.

As you guys are both talking about staying with the status quo, I decided to ask the I Ching what would be the advice regarding this option C. And the result was 24.4>51.

OK, now I'm more than confused. Returning from looking for alternative career paths or returning to them... What do you think?

I'll really appreciate your help guys!

Cheers,

Marshy

B

bruce_g

OK, now I'm more than confused. Returning from looking for alternative career paths or returning to them... What do you think?
Marshy

I think for the time being, returning to what you're currently doing.

Btw, grueling can mean tedious, boring, laborious.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I decided to ask the I Ching what would be the advice regarding this option C. And the result was 24.4>51.

Hex 24.4 this is telling you that you are currently searching in the wrong places, so stay where you are.

Hex 51 says that you will receive some unexpected news or information that will excite you, you will hear about the job that you are 'really' looking for, so go after that one, a golden opportunity to make the right step on your career path.

marshy

visitor
Reaction score
Bruce, Willowfox,

Thank you so much to both of you!

Seemingly, I tend to understand my readings the way I want them to be. Thanks for challenging me and showing me some additional aspects to consider.

Willowfox, you are mentioning some unexpected news... Well, there are significant changes to happen in my current organization. Good or bad - I have no idea, but in any case both, Bruce and you are right - it might be worth waiting to see what will happen...

Once again many thanks!

Marshy

B

bruce_g

Thanks for getting back with us, Marshy. It's valuable to know how these things pan out.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).