...life can be translucent

Menu

From cats to contemplation

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Got Hex 20.5.6 > 2 the other day and I've been contemplating dutifully :cool:

I've always wanted to explore music in greater depth and felt frustrated that I had to choose another line of work within the arts. So, I returned to this idea and asked the IC to comment about the general idea of slowly getting my musical self together.

Music and the creation of, often involves hefty amounts of attention seeking. I wanted to be sure that I wasn't interested in doing it because of this. I just think I would enjoy it and be able to give others enjoyment too. So, this was the thoughts I had surrounding the question.

The way I interpreted it was that both 5 and 6 are opposites in the sense of subjective and objective. The former encourages one to look back at one's life and evaluate the effects of one's actions and the latter to the present and how we can best move forward with this knowledge. Results are what counts. It is contemplation, reflection, self observation and then looking outward towards examples in the world. If I contemplate wisely I can find the answer to this by looking at the past and its effects. If I think on the present I make sure I'm thinking from a high vantage point then this too will provide the answer. Being receptive seems to reiterate the idea of allowing creativity to come and meet it.

Meantime, as I look for those answers, has anyone got any of their own to share :D

topal

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hi topal,
I see 20.5.6 as encouraging you to just do it, put some energy into your musical interests and then evaluate what you see happening, both internally and externally. 2 makes me think the effects will be obvious.
R.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 20.5,6 >2

I think that it is basically saying examine the affects that taking up music would have on you, then examine the affects that it would have on others. If you see the results as being beneficial all round, then follow the piper.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Rosada, WF,

Thanks for your responses. I thought some more on this question.

It's a strong pull but I have to guard against my inclination to rush and do things without thinking the practical elements involved. I think this hex is asking me to focus on this aspect as well.

There's no way I have either the money or the space to do what I'd like in this respect. There needs to be some patience on this issue until I'm in circumstances that allow me to fully explore this possibility. I'm in a transition period and it seems I have to be careful according to IC. Well, ok.

The flipside is the following: I'm back to the age-old conumdrum of when to be active and passive...When is there a right time? I've waited for so long for the right circumstances and maybe there never will be. Just gotta do it.

So, I asked a follow up: "Please advise on the music issue at this time given that there are certain constraints."

13.1.3. > 12

Now, I've had this a few times in the past relating to a group dynamic in the past and possible future, but this answer, in this context, is rather odd. I took it to mean that their is a group dynamic involved that could usher in new possibilities rather than a sole endeavour. Well, anyway, we'll see.

topal

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
13.1.3 >12:
Play for your own enjoyment, keep it simple as with 13.1. and don't think about all the possible entanglements you forsee your musical interest could lead to - 13.3 - or you'll just grind yourself to a 12. Standstill.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So, I asked a follow up: "Please advise on the music issue at this time given that there are certain constraints."

13.1.3. > 12

Now, I've had this a few times in the past relating to a group dynamic in the past and possible future, but this answer, in this context, is rather odd. I took it to mean that their is a group dynamic involved that could usher in new possibilities rather than a sole endeavour. Well, anyway, we'll see.

topal

Funny cos before even reading what you wrote in the last paragraph I jotted 13 to 12 down and thought its really funny cos it almost looks like there are others in your way, who oppose you, harm the effort, or whom in some way you believe you are indebted to - yet these people should not really hold you back. The transitional hexagram is 33,3 which again stresses this idea. If there aren't actual people discouraging you or hampering you maybe its ideas that others have inculcated within you ? Or maybe its really their demands that hamper you - work comittment/debt etc.

Anyway my take is if you hold back and don't just go for it, then you go down the 13,3 route, being too cautious and a stalemate happening leading to 12.

I feel the Yi may be urging you to override your constraints - and i agree with it ;)

I think your first answer 20 -2 was pretty positive but throwing the decision back to you - this is a thing you can trust yourself on if you have given it plenty of thought.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Funny cos before even reading what you wrote in the last paragraph I jotted 13 to 12 down and thought its really funny cos it almost looks like there are others in your way, who oppose you, harm the effort, or whom in some way you believe you are indebted to - yet these people should not really hold you back. The transitional hexagram is 33,3 which again stresses this idea. If there aren't actual people discouraging you or hampering you maybe its ideas that others have inculcated within you ? Or maybe its really their demands that hamper you - work comittment/debt etc.

Anyway my take is if you hold back and don't just go for it, then you go down the 13,3 route, being too cautious and a stalemate happening leading to 12.

I feel the Yi may be urging you to override your constraints - and i agree with it ;)

I think your first answer 20 -2 was pretty positive but throwing the decision back to you - this is a thing you can trust yourself on if you have given it plenty of thought.

Rosada,

Enjoy it. Do it. Self restriction at work. I know I would enjoy it and I know I can share this. Just gotta work out the timing...Thanks for your clear reading of this. Yes. It feels right.

Trojan,

Wow. You were tuning in very well on this one eh?? You don't know how accurate you are in the above. The restrictions are to some extent concrete, but the real ones are most definitely within myself. You really hit the nail on the head there as I hadn't fully acknowledged it. Lots of little "I"s telling me I shouldn't do this, that "I don't deserve it" or that "I'm not worthy." Yes. Ideas "inculcated." Even the wording has special significance for me here.

Got to work on the feasibiliy of this and the how I can manage it but I WILL do it.
Thank you all for you insights. They've really shifted something in me that is hard to explain. Quite a moment for me.

:)

topal

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).