...life can be translucent

Menu

10 to 47 and 10 to 51

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Not long ago I read an article in a magazine that contained a fact about someone that I thought might not be correct. I contacted the author of the piece, the editor in this case, in order to ask him about it. His first response was to ask me if I 'represented' this person. I thought that was odd because editors take queries from readers all the time. I said that I didn't and that I was just curious because I had heard elsewhere that this wasn't the case. He took almost two weeks to respond. When he did, he was very vague about how he came up with that information. I found that strange because it was a simple question and as an author/editor he must know where he got that information from. So, here are the two questions I asked:

Why hasn't he responded? (to my second email. I asked this after I had waited nearly two weeks)
10.1.6 to 47

Then, after I got the response:

Why didn't he tell me how he learned that information?

10.2.5.6 to 51

10 appeared both times and the two relating hexagrams were about feeling trapped and scared. I think the author either made a mistake or deliberately put something false there. Hexagram 10 indicates that he is being very careful with something that's dangerous.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Why hasn't he responded? (to my second email. I asked this after I had waited nearly two weeks)
10.1.6 to 47

Hex 10.1 at first he felt no obligation to reply to you.

Hex 10.6 he was think then thinking how to reply.

Hex 47 perhaps he was feeling tired and overworked and felt that you would not believe what he said anyway.

"Why didn't he tell me how he learned that information?

10.2.5.6 to 51

Hex 10.2 basically he did not want to tell you.

Hex 10.5 I think that he was aware that there could be trouble if he told you.

Hex 10.6 he was not sure of the result if he told you the truth.

Hex 51 he did not tell you about where he got his information from because it would have really surprised you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think hes simply being careful about confidentiality and likley is being cautious about you. I can't see why he is obligated to tell you where he got the information you asked about ? He doesn't know who you are why should he disclose his sources ? So I think the 10 is about his carefulness about talking to you, and it seems he wishes to get on with things his own way alone, without interference, 10,2, 10,1.

I stand to be corrected if there is some kind of legal obligation for him to diclose this information if the enquirer is not representing the subject of the article. If they are not why is it their business ?

Esolo I notice you always ask about suspense and mystery, I 'm beginning to think you are some kind of sleuth. Get out from under that bed :rofl: JK.

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected if there is some kind of legal obligation for him to diclose this information if the enquirer is not representing the subject of the article. If they are not why is it their business ?

It's something that would be a matter of public record anyway. In other words, there shouldn't be any reason for him not to tell me. That was why I found it so odd. I expected a simple one line response.

Esolo I notice you always ask about suspense and mystery, I 'm beginning to think you are some kind of sleuth. Get out from under that bed :rofl: JK.

Yes, but if it isn't about suspense and mystery I have no need to ask the Yi :) Also, I did ask some boring questions about the youth hostel, the hypnotist, a vacation in the UAE etc.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Somehow with 10,2 twice about this man I can't quite see him with dark motives. I feel this is a man who just wants to get on with things his own way, who is under some pressure - could be time/workload etc (47) Its just I would have expected other answers if someone was hiding something for bad reasons.

Then again its always tricky asking about others motives. Like I probably said before seems more useful to me to ask about what I need do in a situation.

I see nothing boring about hostels and hypnotists and holidays - all sounds quite exciting to me :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).