...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 47 - Between a Rock and a Hard Place

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Hex 47 Exhaustion/Oppression with changing lines 2, 3 and 5 leading to Hex 62 Attention to Detail.

I did some research before posting this and the best I could find was someone's description of a similar situation as "being between a rock and a hard place".

How should I understand this answer in response to "What are my lovers true FEELINGS about us at the moment?"

This seems pretty bad. It also seems conflicting, but maybe not.
As the I ching says that his true motivation regarding me and us is Hex 34 Great Vigor with changing line 6 leading to Hex 14 "Affluence"

But there was a problem this weekend, I was very unsatisfied and told him off...thinking that he wasn't doing enough.

Now I am a bit confused as to how *I* should respond or think..

So I asked, "what should I do about this situation now then?" And got Hex 5 Patience with no changing lines. Well HELLO! :)

but...please help...*feel like crying from confusion"

L

lightofreason

From the universal perspective - 47 covers feelings of being imprisoned (and so enclosed forcefully) or being willingly enclosed (acts to force one's roots into the context and so commit to stay)

62 covers portraying, acting, exaggerating traditions to aid in keeping the collective together although close to or even past the collective's "best before/use by" date.

The dodecagram is:

010110-001100

and the infrastructure is identified by analogy to:

010110-001100 47-62
100001-100001 (XOR : 27-ness brings out infrastructure)
------------------
110111-101101 10-30

The generic sense is thus a context of having to tread carefully in which is operating a text of acceptance, direction-setting. (not in treading the vague sense of being enclosed by being watched where this is amplified in the explicit expression of 47. Then note in 30 the generic sense of being 'one of us' and so a 'family' etc and how this sets an infrastruture of 62's focus on maintaining the group (even if 'past it').

As we can read hexagrams as trigram 'in' trigram (text in context) so we can repeat the process with hexagrams.

Now if this relates to your situation is up to chance! it could be 'best fit' or close to or worst fit.

If the emotions are screaming and your consciousness rationalising, also try the emotional IC where it covers what is pushing your buttons to ask the questions in the first place:

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/lofting/icplusEProact.html

Chris.

J

jesed

Hi laylab

Just in case the comment could be useful

Many wise people had talked over the years about one risk regarded Yijing: to ask so much leads to confusion.

Maybe it is time for you to stop asking questions to Yijing; spetially questions about other's inner feelings/motivations.

But, instead of your questions/answers; what caught my attention was one phrase about the real circumstances, the context, that pushed you to ask again

But there was a problem this weekend, I was very unsatisfied and told him off...thinking that he wasn't doing enough.

This sounds a little bit familiar ;)
This shows the deep conflict in the relation: while laylab wants to advance in a determined and powerful form, X wants to advance step by step. It is necessary to discuss this difference openly and to find a satisfactory solution.

Best wishes

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Thanks, I did the emotional IC and got

Hex 12 Stagnation (as the first)
and Hex 45 Gathering Together

Honestly, I don't understand it... *still learning*

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Ahh, Jesed..I posted the above before seeing your answer.
You're right. Glad my holiday is coming up..need a break. ...from thinking.

L

lightofreason

Hi Chris,

Thanks, I did the emotional IC and got

Hex 12 Stagnation (as the first)
and Hex 45 Gathering Together

Honestly, I don't understand it... *still learning*

you have derived a representation of the context, what is pushing your buttons. Hex 12 covers neutralising the attacks of others on one's faith/beliefs and in so doing preserving, solidifying that faith (which the IC does not like since there is a refusal to change).

Within this context is operating celebration of faith through congregating with others - the 'change' is the top line and so a focus on its controlling hexagram - 23. 23 covers pruning.

The overall issue covers that of devotion to another/others as part of identity-seeking. The nature of 12 reads "With/from devotion to another/others comes singlemindedness"
The nature of 45 reads "With/from devotion to another/others comes intensity in expression"

The PAIR of 12,45 focus on these issues of devotion and identity and so indicating the situation is about those sorts of concerns. A relationship in this context indicates a dependency of one on another where such aids in expressing identity.

To get closer to the condition we can review the infrastructure, here described by:

000111-000110
100001-100001
------------------
100110-100111 17-25

17 covers the act of finding someone/something to follow and 25 covers one's personal assertion of that following regardless of consequences.

The above covers tthe general, now comes your association of such with the context, seeing where it all 'fits'.

Note that if we work on emotions then the context is eliciting fear translated as getting protection from devotion to another/others. WIthin this is a dynamic covering sex and anger and so an overall focus on issues of context replacement.

Chris.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).