...life can be translucent

Menu

Understanding Shame

• Thread starter unsubscribed_cm
  • Start date
U

unsubscribed_cm

Understanding Shame (12.3)

I recently consulted the oracle after being involved in a extreemly humiliating appalling and atrocious and eldritch situation. I'm going to be general about my situation eventhough it has robbed me of all dignity I ever thought I had. All I want to do is understand the readings.

Question: What happened?

Answer: Hexagram 12.3 ? Hexagram 33

---

Question 2: What or how on earth am I to learn from this, what do I do now, was it my fault?

Answer: Hexagram 50.5 ? Hexagram 44

---

Thats It, I know my second question was vauge but that is because this is the simple kind of situation leaves you sputtering in disbelief.

Last edited:
U

unsubscribed_cm

NVM.. I think i got it. it was a unusual bodily response to extreme stress.

Last edited:

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Pacman, I know you said NVM, but when I clicked on clarity today and saw the title of your post, it startled me. I have been thinking about the topic of shame all day.

Line 12.3 is a direct voice to shame and situations which arouse shame. It speaks of disempowerment. In general, I think in situations where we feel shame we have given our power away, and there are plenty of people who will eagerly play the brute or bully role when we are vulnerable. "Beware" is what Alfred Huang says, and he also says of this line to "embrace the shame," and I like that.

When we embrace the shame we feel, we have the chance to be a good "parent" to ourselves, and put guilt aside. We can develop our strength and learn that shame is a mistake we make in our concept of ourselves. Even blaming the "bully" or victimizer isnt necessary. Just know you are worth more and be aware. get away from the hurtful elements 33

and 50.5 is very wise advice. Honor and nourish yourself. "You have a handle on the situation." Maybe by embracing the shame you feel, you take charge and let yourself be healed. It was not your "fault." A disturbing encounter works to your benefit by giving you this opportunity.
all the best.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Pacman it's my belief that the second question and response was far more useful than the first.

I recently consulted the oracle after being involved in a extreemly humiliating appalling and atrocious and eldritch situation. I'm going to be general about my situation eventhough it has robbed me of all dignity I ever thought I had. All I want to do is understand the readings.

Question: What happened?

Answer: Hexagram 12.3

This is the line you get when there's an experience like you describe - when you're mortified. I render the line 'containing embarrassment' and it means either that the situation is very embarrassing or that you need to contain the embarrassment in order to benefit from the impact. It's not suppressing the emotion, it's just not expressing it. It helps reveal its contour to you.

Question 2: What or how on earth am I to learn from this, what do I do now, was it my fault?

Answer: Hexagram 50.5

You ask 'what on earth', as if the possibility of learning anything useful from this is extraordinary, but you drew 50.5 as response, and this line is extremely gracious. I think you drew it because you transform the embarrassment of the experience when you focus on what you can learn from it. It's one of the few things that gives people dignity, beauty and utility - when they look for something to learn in life's upsets, I mean.

You can't change what happened, it was embarrassing, but you can learn from it. Yup.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Question: What happened?

Answer: Hexagram 12.3 ? Hexagram 33

Hex 12.3 you tried to do something that was beyond your capabilities, this then lead to your problem and shame.

Hex 33 says you should have retreated while you were still in a strong position to do so but you left it too late.

"Question 2: What or how on earth am I to learn from this, what do I do now, was it my fault?

Answer: Hexagram 50.5 ? Hexagram 44

Hex 50.5 in future you need to talk to others and listen to their advise before doing something so extreme, in that way you won't get caught out again.

Hex 44 telling you to avoid temptation and being seduced into doing things that you should not be doing.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).