...life can be translucent

Menu

"10 years No avail"

U

unsubscribed_cm

When the yijing says: for 10 years no avail

To me this means simply a message that your moving yourself (or have already moved) outside the space and time of movment and progress within the time or event in question.
That is, it not that 10 years litterally your screwed. Thats a little extreme no Taoist would have ever meant somthing like that to be taken litterally. 10 years I think means simply a time cycle, (i belive it's a wihlem commentary on one of these lines) If your inquiring about the week, tis' the weeks cycle, the day, - then 24 hours, or if you have gotten this warning after inquring about a simple feeling of metobolic energy,then it may be a few minutes...

it refers to simply the time in which it adresses, it is not a curse or bad fortune for the next 10 years, 10 days or 10 hours. It is a symbol of time, a decade, a generation... but only a symbol... becuase nature is self similar across scales.

I've seen people interpret this as 10 years litterly 10 months or 10 days....
Take nothing litteally.

my 2 cents...

Last edited:

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, of course it's a symbol. But there are people who interpret the whole Bible literally too, and they're just as limited as the people who read the Yi literally.

B

bruce_g

I had a very good laugh last night over the cycle of tens. I mentioned elsewhere that I spend 10 hours on a lake under a hot and bright sun. It was an intensive day of tournament fishing, traveling some 20 miles around the lake, fishing at least 4 miles of shoreline, making approximately 2,400 casts along the way. I wanted the day to surprise me, so I didn't ask Yi about the day, until it was over. What was today? I asked last night. The answer was 55.1- 62.

(paraphrased and localized)

Meeting associated lords
10 hours under the midday sun
It is not a mistake
Be not sad
Be like the sun

Cast after cast
Doing diligence
Ponders loss
With clarity and dignity

Associated lords, both the elements of nature, and also the masters of fishing that particular lake. They certainly are that.

Is 10 a random number, or is it a complete cycle? I think it is the latter, but days can be hours, minutes, weeks, months or years.

Bradford has for line 1:

Meeting ones match or superior
Even for a long week, no harm is done
To continue has merit.

Even for a long week, no error:
To exceed the long week (means) disaster.

It is true, that after 10 hours in the midday sun, I met my match, and was exhausted. That had merit. Exceeding that would have meant disaster (sun stroke, exhaustion, etc.)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).